Just Bought a 360

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Just Bought a 360

Post by cube_b3 »

Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Red 360 Console with Street Fighter 2 HD Remix.

Is it really cheaper then PS3?
I have to say I am quite dissapointed with the X-Box 360:

The PS3 has built in wireless capabilities, where as you have to waste money to buy a wireless card for 360.
PS3 controller come with built in rechargable battries, you have to waste money to buy a battrey wireless card for 360.
PS3 appears to be graphically superior, but that probably isn't to much of a big deal.

Aside from that the good thing is that the 360 is 50% backward compatible with X-Box where is Playstation 3 is only backward compatible with the orignal Playstation and since I never bought an X-Box maybe now I can play Panzer Dragoon Orta and other Sega games.

Now I have been playing Resident Evil 5 which initially appeared to be better then 4 (which was an enormous dissapointment in the story and horror department), this game appears to be better in the story department atleast till chapter 3 that's how far I've played, but my younger brother whose finished the game is extremly disspointed with the lack of weapons(?), story, and rewardinge unlockables.
Almost all RE games have unlockable missions, but this game only has Mercenaries?

I hate the fact you have to buy extra content I mean I spent a small fortune over this shit!

P.S. What are these dreaded Acheivements that I keep unlocking? What is my reward for Acheiving them in the 1st place?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Just Bought a 360

Post by Lartrak »

You get nothing for achievements. They're there for your own sense of satisfaction, and to impress other people. I don't really care for them, personally.
PS3 controller come with built in rechargable battries, you have to waste money to buy a battrey wireless card for 360.
There are versions of the 360 controller that are just like the PS3 controller, where you can plug them in to the system and charge them and still use them. That's what mine are like.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Yeah all the things are available but for MORE MONEY!!!
PS3 gives you these things with the system.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Achievements are a motivator for me. I'm finishing games I'd never finish before. They don't mean much to me, but it does give you a small sense of achievement.

People also give you some respect when you can finish some of the really hard shit. For example, I've been given respect by some of COD4's online community for finishing the whole game on veteran, including "Mile High Club".

Some games are worth completing everything, others not. I'm not going to attempt getting everything for GTA IV.

P.S. If you want to start a PS3 vs. 360 thread, then do so. Try not to post that stuff in this thread.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

yea the days of xbox 1 where almost all DLC came with your subscription is gone, and I miss it. I understand that developers should be paid for the work they do, but everyone is trying to get every penny from me. I understand having to pay for rock band songs as those have to be licenced. I understand them charging for halo packs as that is their biggest game. But at least with Halo 2 they made them all free after a few months. Why not continue to follow in that direction?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

BILAL_XIA wrote:Yeah all the things are available but for MORE MONEY!!!
PS3 gives you these things with the system.
Youll still pay less than you wouldve if you bought a ps3.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

As for DLC, I can see some stuff being free. But when a company puts out something like Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt, you realize that you are getting a full on expansion of the game and not simply extra maps or new character skins.

Is the wireless a big deal? Not really. A wireless card in the 360 would be nice, but to be honest, I don't really trust wireless to be up 100% or give me the reliable latency. If I had a PS3, I would probably run cable to it as well.

Rechargeable controllers would've been cool, but I got a ton of AA's on clearance a while back so I'm not hurting yet. But according to Amazon, the Play and Charge kit and a controller will only be $10 more than the PS3 controller. Not to mention that the wired controller is a bog standard USB device and a $20 receiver makes up to 4 wireless 360 controllers usable as PC controllers.

My biggest gripe with the 360 is over Hard Drive space. Since my 360 was a work bonus I didn't really get a choice in the matter. I have a Pro version with a 20GB HDD. The prices of the 360 HDDs are outrageous. I much prefer how the PS3 had it arranged, just use a 2.5" SATA drive (IIRC).

I'm happy with my 360 especially when I hear how glitchy some PS3 versions of games come out (Fallout 3 and Orange Box just to pick two random examples). The only game I currently want a PS3 for is Metal Gear Solid 4. Resistance didn't do it for me (and neither did Gears of War or Halo to be fair) and most really big games are cross platform. I hear Little Big Planet is "teh awesome", but the concept alone doesn't do it for me and I haven't had a chance to play it.

Also, I'm pissed at Sony for gutting backwards compatibility. Especially after sniping at the 360 for not having it. It's kind of sad, but my desire for a PS3 actually gets lessened with each hardware revision as they remove more and more features.
No signature.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Sell your 360 for a PS3. If you already have a PS3, sell your 360 for more PS3 games. Obviously the 360 isn't worth that much to you since the only positive thing you had to say about the 360 was complimenting its [shitty] backwards compatibility.

And if you don't like achievements, I think you can turn the notifications off.
Code-Red wrote:People also give you some respect when you can finish some of the really hard shit. For example, I've been given respect by some of COD4's online community for finishing the whole game on veteran, including "Mile High Club".
That achievement... Oh God, that achievement... I finally got it after three hours of dying over and over, but I spent an hour in the corner sucking my thumb after getting it. Definitely my most valued achievement aside from "The Inhuman Achievement" on GH3.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

BILAL_XIA wrote:The PS3 has built in wireless capabilities, where as you have to waste money to buy a wireless card for 360.
You don't have to waste money on a wireless card for the 360, it's optional.

Whereas with the PS3 you have to, because it's integrated into the system.

I would never use wireless with these systems, so why would I want to pay for the wireless card?
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I really don't like Xbox 360. It has a great library, but most of those games are already available on PS3 (save whatever exclusives Microsoft has to offer).

It's very unreliable (I sent it back in twice before finally fixing it myself). I know you can take it apart and fix it yourself, but why should I have to do that? If I pay $400 for something, then I expect it to work for more than two whole years. It took them two years and several million consoles before they finally brought the percentage of new unreliable consoles down to a respectable 5%.

NXE is a turn off for me. The only plus for me is that you can rip games to the hard drive (and even then, it doesn't do much to speed up any load times). I don't care for the avatars or the new interface. Really, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It has a shitty d-pad (which you can also modify yourself) which makes for an unimpressive Street Fighter II match.

You can't upload videos to the hard drive (but you can buy them off teh marketplace!!) or browse the web, which aren't exactly necessary for a video game console, but are still nice to have.. Especially if both of your competitors consoles have an internet browser (hell, even the Saturn had a web browser with a 56k modem cart).

Lastly, as BILAL said, you have to fork out a lot of extra cash if you want your 360 to have what the PS3 already has for $100 more.

But problems aside, it still has great games, and isn't that all a console really needs?

PS3 sucked for a good year, but it's improved a lot since launch. It's reliable, it has the typical dualshock d-pad which I'm used to, free online, a lot more untapped potential than the 360, Blu-ray, a decent web browser, Linux, built-in wireless, etc. It just has a lot more to offer than the 360 in my opinion.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

The reliability issues have been the main thing preventing me from getting a 360. I'm hopeful about the new 65nm chipset, but so far the record of people speculating "<next revision> will definitely have a lot less RRODs" has been pretty crappy, and I don't think the new chipset has been out long enough to really draw any conclusions. As for PS3, it's been underwhelming but not terrible. It's a bit frustrating to know that there's so much untapped potential that most developers don't seem very interested in. The choice seems to be more along lines of which genres, developers, or particular series you like rather than which library is "better" overall (PS3 doesn't have Halo, Gears of War, Dead or Alive, Lost Odyssey etc.; 360 doesn't have Killzone, Resistance, MGS, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea, etc.). Frankly, PS2 still has a library that's way ahead of both of them combined.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Eviltaco64X wrote: You can't upload videos to the hard drive (but you can buy them off teh marketplace!!) or browse the web, which aren't exactly necessary for a video game console, but are still nice to have.
Don't tell me!!!!

Can I play videos from a flash disk, if so that is all I need.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

BILAL_XIA wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote: You can't upload videos to the hard drive (but you can buy them off teh marketplace!!) or browse the web, which aren't exactly necessary for a video game console, but are still nice to have.
Don't tell me!!!!

Can I play videos from a flash disk, if so that is all I need.
Yes. You can also stream them from a PC.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

If you're so sure you wanted a PS3 why didn't you just get one?
Rechargable batteries, wireless consoles and backwards compatibility don't mean much if the actual games for the console are crap. There's still virtually nothing to play on the PS3, whilst the 360 has an absolute ton of quality software.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

not just souLLy now wrote:There's still virtually nothing to play on the PS3, whilst the 360 has an absolute ton of quality software.
360 has a lead, but it's not that much of a lead anymore. You sound like you're describing the situation in 2006.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:There's still virtually nothing to play on the PS3, whilst the 360 has an absolute ton of quality software.
360 has a lead, but it's not that much of a lead anymore. You sound like you're describing the situation in 2006.
Sorry I'll rephrase that, it has virtually no good PS3 only titles, that's certainly still true.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I didn't go for a PS3 because I am waiting for a model which will be PS2 compatible, I am confident they will make one sooner or later.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

BILAL_XIA wrote:I didn't go for a PS3 because I am waiting for a model which will be PS2 compatible, I am confident they will make one sooner or later.
They did. Then they discontinued it. Launch models have PS2 compatibility built in... though there have been rumors of an upcoming firmware update that will add software-based compatibility.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yeah... The only PS3 exclusive I would definitely get is still Metal Gear Solid 4. I was interested in Little Big Planet, but its ultra floaty controls turned me off after a few hours of playing it at a friends house.

I'm eventually going to get a Blu-Ray player though, as I'm going to at some point upgrade my projector to an HD one. When I do that, I'll probably get a PS3, as they're quite good Blu-Ray players, and not much more than a standalone one.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:I didn't go for a PS3 because I am waiting for a model which will be PS2 compatible, I am confident they will make one sooner or later.
They did. Then they discontinued it. Launch models have PS2 compatibility built in... though there have been rumors of an upcoming firmware update that will add software-based compatibility.
As long as it has better compatibility than 360's software based BC, that would be a selling point for me as I'm sure the launch consoles are pretty rare/expensive now.

I've been needing a new PS2 for awhile to get my Frequency/Amplitude on. With a PS3 I'll have a whopping one PS3 game I've been wanting to play, along with the many, many awesome PS2 titles.