FF7 Writer Working on Smash Bros Brawl

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

FF7 Writer Working on Smash Bros Brawl

Post by |darc| »

In the hopes of making the single-player experience of the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl more engaging, Nintendo recruited Squaresoft scenario writer Kazushige Nojima is on board to flesh out the "Subspace Emissary" adventure mode of Nintendo's blockbuster title, it was reported in a recent interview between Nintendo president Satoru Iwata and Smash Bros director Masahiro Sakurai.

Nojima is best known for his scenario writing work on Final Fantasy VII, but also played a large role as a writer on other big projects Squaresoft and Square-Enix projects like Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts II and is currently working on Final Fantasy XIII.

A strong solo experience would be an excellent compliment to what could be the longest-lasting and full-featured multiplayer experience on the console. Perhaps some melodrama is just what the doctor ordered for Nintendo: we anxiously await the cut-scene of Mario lowering Peach into the water in the Temple of the Ancients.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs. ... sy-veteran
It's thinking...
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: FF7 Writer Working on Smash Bros Brawl

Post by mrandyk »

Im sure this is going to cause some desperate fans to think that Cloud would be a possible character for the game.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

That's pretty cool. I didn't care for FFVII's story too much, but FFX's was good. A story can't really hurt the next Smash, considering the previous games didn't really have one.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

TyBO wrote:That's pretty cool. I didn't care for FFVII's story too much, but FFX's was good. A story can't really hurt the next Smash, considering the previous games didn't really have one.
Yes it can. Look at the Sonic games. Shit went downhill as soon as they started trying to add a real story.

Though I'm very confident SSB:B will be an amazing, great game. SSB:M was an absolute must-have game and was the best selling game for Nintendo last generation. I'm sure they are polishing this one into quite a fine gem.
It's thinking...
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I believe they have done all the polishing they are going to do since the game has been completed and is being released on store shelves in japan tomorow. I like what they did with the roster, adding interesting characters and getting rid of those that just had to go because they had no purpose.

Id post a character list but that would be off topic, and some dont want to know until they have it.