Much Hellos (DreamCast Car Project)

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Much Hellos (DreamCast Car Project)

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Hello everyone!

I feel it is about time I actually posted out here instead of lurking around, learning everything I can from everybody, and silently working on my big DreamCast related project.

Firstly, I have to say the information in this site and forums are invaluable! I have successfully acheived Linux to be read on my DreamCast, as well as pink LED mods and much painting and so on and so forth. The reason behind this is that I'm building a DreamCast car.

Okay, weird, you say, right? http://www.DreamCastEclipse.blogspot.com for a ton of details. Essentially, I am custom installing a DreamCast into my Eclipse as a show car. I'm aiming for next show season, and am about 1/4 the way there.

The biggest problem I had was tearing apart the center console from the DreamCast, which was fiberglassed, and that snapped the power port right off. No biggie, popped the top off with the LED chain and put it on my other DreamCast for the car. I'll fix the power port later...

I just redesigned the interior a little more in order to make a large DreamCast top into a fiberglassed speedcover. Hard to explain- but suffice to say it's been a lot of work.

I'm Lizzy, aka Jessie, and really look forward to mingling with everyone out here :)

-Jessie
~* Will a Dreamcast make my car faster? *~
bizzle wrote:I heard the addition of a Dreamcast is like +20. That's even more than racing stripes!
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Re: Much Hellos (DreamCast Car Project)

Post by Juan »

OMG A GIRL

Draw a swirl on your car.
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Juan wrote:OMG A GIRL

Draw a swirl on your car.
ROFL! Yes I'm a girl! :lol: Okay, if you really want me to draw a swirlie on my car I will LOL I already have a Dreamcast decal!
bizzle wrote:I heard the addition of a Dreamcast is like +20. That's even more than racing stripes!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Despite your obsession with pink, the paintjob looks awesome. Good job.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Dreamcast in a DSM? How could it NOT fail???!?!?!?

Btw lawlrus.

P.s. Pics of owner.

P.s.s. Any go with that show?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Code-Red wrote:P.s. Pics of owner.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Hey, what car show are you going to enter it in? I'm in tennessee and would like to see this thing in person. Also, looking snazzy.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Manoel wrote:
:(
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Not surprised that Eclipse owner has got his hood open...that drivetrain is full of fail.
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Whoa whoa whoa boys!!!!

The pic above is Josh, read the side panel for all the DreamTeam *snork* Everyone is male except me- the owner!

I'm Jessie. The GIRL! LOL

This is me- braces come off in January and I'm a full 25 despite most people thinking I'm 16 in appearance.

Make more sense!? LOL

Yes there is go to the show- she's a turbo with a super sequential blowoff valve running almost 300 hp. I'm doing more mods to the engine and intend to put in a digital boost controller to make things more accurate. The engine is in progress, I hope to push around 350hp to 400- depending on how much money I want to put in her.

The hood was open because I made an error and blew a hose :) Totally my fault, not the car.
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Zealous zerotype wrote:Hey, what car show are you going to enter it in? I'm in tennessee and would like to see this thing in person. Also, looking snazzy.
Hey!! I'm hoping to jump into the car shows next season- a few po-dunk shows around Chattanooga/Knox area and then bump into Nopi to get my feet wet. Afterwards, I hope to get into HIN and MAYBE (if I'm good enough and get my rims done nicely) DUB.

I'm down in Chattanooga- feel free to see her anytime!
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Code-Red wrote:Not surprised that Eclipse owner has got his hood open...that drivetrain is full of fail.
Pppsssshhhh only in those who don't take care of the car. Never had a problem that wasn't my fault by doing something stupid. This pic is a blown hose..

I take it you're a muscle person, eh?

Furthermore, I'm a GIRL- that's Josh, NOT ME! :D Get it straight! I said I was girl, have pink all over, c'mon boys, it's obvious ;)
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Manoel wrote: Despite your obsession with pink, the paintjob looks awesome. Good job.

Thanks!!!!
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I heard the addition of a Dreamcast is like +20. That's even more than racing stripes!
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

ROFL You rock most hard- I am seriously going to tell people that just to see their expressions :)
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Juan wrote:
Manoel wrote:
:(
?? Why the frownie face? He doesn't own the car... :wink: check the site http://www.dreamcasteclipse.blogspot.com if you wanna' verify it :D Goodness knows Josh wouldn't DARE drive a car with pink on it. HIS showcar is on http://www.upgradecar.blogspot.com which is an xbox install. The "Dream Team" is working on at least 4 cars at the present time. Out of the 4 cars, we have a Dreamcast car, Xbox car, Kicker car and a drifter car.

**edited b/c I hit my keyboard and saved it too early ***
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Insane pink overload, but it looks great. I'm interested to see the setup inside the car for the Dreamcast. How will you integrate it with the dash and stuff?
It's thinking...
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

|darc| wrote:Insane pink overload, but it looks great. I'm interested to see the setup inside the car for the Dreamcast. How will you integrate it with the dash and stuff?
This is the basic setup idea pre-friberglass:

The center console has been cut down to have the Dreamcast seated at a good level, and the controller is fiberglassed already and will function as a switch panel. The wires go through the center console and into the screen, which is slightly visible in this picture. There are two controllers- one is extended and in port 2 and automatically winds up in the dash and is stored in the glovebox with several VMUs. Pictures pending on that one- so sorry :( it looks fantastic, though. Also, the driver controller is stationed beneath the seat, in port 1. The keyboard is in port 3 and is stored beneath the passenger seat along with a really nice inverter. The electrical wires from the inverter are strung through the center console, and through a hole into the engine bay, which it then is tied into the main power for the car. Therefore, when the car starts, the Dreamcast starts, along with all LED illumination inside the Dreamcast and controllers.

This center console is butted against a speedcover/fall which will have a large imitation dreamcast cover, which will pop open and reveal the head unit, dvd player, etc. The design of this piece has caused a HUGE overhaul to the fiberglassing process, so what was there is now trashed and being redone. That's why I don't have links to post for this particular part.

The fiberglassed controller you see in the picture acts as a switch panel, which controls show lighting (leds around interior/exterior of the car), screen toggle (from backup camera, dreamcast, dvd player, to security cameras), etc. These are handled by a relay switch placed beneath the Dreamcast.

Oh, and the Dreamcast has a liquid cooling system to help out with ever-changing driving conditions. This runs along the backish bottom of the Dreamcast, and pumps in the center console below the fiberglassed controller.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/L ... stall6.jpg
The link above shows how far I had to cut down the center console

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/L ... stall4.jpg
The link above is a better angle of the picture you can see above

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/L ... nated3.jpg
Link above for the insane amount of LEDs used to illuminate the Dreamcast, wired to turn on with the unit, which turns on with the car

The screen is from an $80 DVD player with wires extended, as can be seen here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/L ... tall12.jpg

The Dreamcast connects directly into the DVD player so that the 8" screen shows picture for the Dreamcast. This is also connected to the relay switch, which the "controller" controls.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/L ... rknob4.jpg
This link shows some of the wiring so that you can see what the car looks like once you take the center console away

I can get more technical if desired! The original concept came from this drawing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/L ... byjosh.jpg

Most everything has changed up a bit, like hte location of the DVD player, but the way the center console is designed has not changed.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Wow, looks really neat! Keep us updated with pictures!
It's thinking...
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

|darc| wrote:Wow, looks really neat! Keep us updated with pictures!
I certainly will if you like! :) Simple install, nice wow factor, happy SEGA fan. :mrgreen: