I got to meet Steve Wozniak

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I got to meet Steve Wozniak

Post by Covar »

So Thursday the computer science department at my university was having its 40 years Technology Symposium, and I had found out that the key speaker was none other than Steve Wozniak. Learning of this Tuesday I decide to try and go knowing i was probably going to be stuck in the overflow room watching him on a projector they set up. I figured this wouldn't be a big deal since he was going to be doing a book signing afterwards I could just ask him a question then (never did, couldn't think of anything to ask). So anyway I got lucky and they had enough empty seats in the main room to move everyone in the overflow room into it (the overflow was mostly filled with people who didn't register for the symposium). Long story short (too late) I got to listen to the Woz, in person, talk for an hour about how he discovered about computers, and the steps that lead to his making of the apple I and II. oh and a great story about his tv scrambler and the awesome prank he played with it.

After the reception I'm waiting in line to get my copy of his book signed (iWoz, and its pretty good so far) standing behind an alumnist from NC State (my school), we got to talking and he showed me the top of his old Apple II that he was going to ask to have signed, feeling outdone i weakly show him the two dollar bill i had gotten from the bank a few hours earlier that i was going to ask to have signed (Wozniak walks around with uncut sheets of $2 bills) When i get up there and ask him to sign my bill, he tells me that he can do one better, and offers to sell me 4 of his $2 bills for $5. I say sure, and he promptly pulls out a sheet of $2 bills, signs one and my book, and hands them both to me. All and all he came across as a nice guy, I wish i took some pictures, but i did scan a copy of my bills. They're pretty cool all stuck together and what not. he warned me that i might get arrested if i try and use them (being all stuck together, with extremely similar serial numbers), but i wouldn't be charged as they are in fact 100% legal US tender.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: I got to meet Steve Wozniak

Post by btm4k »

Nice dude! I want!
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

awesome!
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Woz carries around those sheets all the time and cuts them on the spot to spend. Pretty damn cool of him though, Jobs will never get the respect in my book that Woz does.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

If I could choose one person to meet, Woz would be it. Jobs would not.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Woz or Gates. Definitely not Jobs.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Code-Red wrote:Woz or Gates. Definitely not Jobs.
Jobs is an asshole. He and Larry Ellison of Oracle pranked some guy and had him believing he was going to be Apple's CEO.It was just before xmas and the poor bastard really must have been heart broken over the joke.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

From what I've heard working for Apple, if do ever go out to Cupertino for any training or anything and you happen to see Steve, you don't talk to him. Steve talks to you.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I've met Gates and shook his hand. I probably would've gotten him to sign something if it weren't for the fact that we weren't allowed to bring anything to sign with us. He's a very private person, and we weren't even allowed to bring cell phones with us.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Definitely not Gates or Jobs.

Just Woz.
It's thinking...