Super Smash Bros Brawl will support Wifi!!!!!!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Super Smash Bros Brawl will support Wifi!!!!!!

Post by Yonke »

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
This game supports Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. If you connect your Wii to the Internet, you can enjoy linked battles with distant people!

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The more distant you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologize, but I hope you understand.

Wii friends who have registered one another’s names can play together freely.

Register your friends!

If you’re registered as friends, you can check each other’s status. If a friend is online and you earn his or her consent, you can enter a battle.

You can change your icon...

And even send short messages during brawls!

These short messages are entered in advance, and you send them by taunting. There are four messages for the four directions on the + Control Pad: Up, down, left and right.

With friends, you can brawl any way you like. And there are other modes besides just free-for-alls.

With Anyone
You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Now, while you’re waiting for a match to start, you can kill time with a little practice on Sandbag.

Practice, practice!

We’re planning a number of services that make use of Wi-Fi, but we’ll reveal them gradually with the other modes. Enjoy.

thnxs god for ilumminating the minds of the members of the development team and enable wifi on the game hope lag doesnt fuck up the gameplay.........
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl will support Wifi!!!!!!

Post by gamedudex2 »

ya nintendo has said that from the start, but then went quiet on the subject. im so happy its official now :)
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

With Anyone
You can also battle with people you don’t know who are looking for brawls. The most important point here is that you will not know each other’s names.

If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.
That part seems strange to me. Do they think everyone that will play this game, will be under 12 years old?
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

They probably realized it would be better to include laggy online play than nothing at all.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

popley wrote:That part seems strange to me. Do they think everyone that will play this game, will be under 12 years old?
Do you not remember how much flak Nintendo got for PictoChat?
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

With Anyone

i also think this is stupid , wheres the excitement of beating someone with a good record... at least i hope at the end of the figth it should reveal who was your rivals.....
Dew
Mayks now sents!
Mayks now sents!

Post by Dew »

I could not care less about records. Look at Counter-Strike for example. It doesn't keep records unless of course your on a server set up for it. It should also help keep things fair and less competitive since it suppresses bragging rights, unlike Mario Kart on the DS where you get japanese people against that smoke you because they can power slide the entire track.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Names should definitely be included. I don't care a lot about records being shown, but it is nice to try to beat people you've lost to before, or try to contact them online, etc.

Oh well, I'm just glad they've FINALLY FRIGGIN confirmed it will be in there.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Sounds pretty half assed to me, like they're only doing it to get that "Play online with your friends!!" bullet on the package. Nintendo really needs to get its shit together regarding online play
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Seems like it should be alright. Hopefully this will keep me from getting bored like I eventually did playing the last one for 60+ hours.

- Fuzmeister