Just some short questions about minor disc problems.

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just some short questions about minor disc problems.

Post by Emu_Fire »

I made a ROM list which takes the names from the filenames; yet there are some games that when viewed on the disc still use the header names. For example, the filename will be Donkey Kong Country 3 and the ROM list will be set to read the filename, but the disc still shows it as DONKEY KONG 3. How do I fix this? It is very strange as only about 25% of the games are doing this.

Also, the disc is not reading any extra songs I put into the sound directory; but it will still read the one that was there to begin with, even if I rename it. How do I fix this also?

Finally, is it true that if you burn slower the speed of the games will increase?

Thanks a lot!
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Re: Just some short questions about minor disc problems.

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Emu_Fire wrote:Finally, is it true that if you burn slower the speed of the games will increase?
No.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Emu_Fire »

ok.

any answers for the other 2 questions?
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

You need to keep the names of your ROMs short. That's the reason why Provlst renames all you ROMs.

To solve this problem, take the time to rename all your files. Shorten their names and avoid special characters. Then create your ROMS.LST with krypt's romlst12.exe and burn.
Also, the disc is not reading any extra songs I put into the sound directory; but it will still read the one that was there to begin with, even if I rename it. How do I fix this also?
This question I don't really understand. Do you want it not to play the original track or do you want to add more tracks ?
Insane homebrew collector.
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Emu_Fire »

Christuserloeser wrote:You need to keep the names of your ROMs short. That's the reason why Provlst renames all you ROMs.

To solve this problem, take the time to rename all your files. Shorten their names and avoid special characters. Then create your ROMS.LST with krypt's romlst12.exe and burn.
This question I don't really understand. Do you want it not to play the original track or do you want to add more tracks ?
i want to add more tracks, but whenever i do it only plays the first track that was there already and none of the new ones i add ever work.

also, i dont think the names of the roms are too long, because there's games such as Lufia II that have really short names and they still are getting this strange treatment.
Christuserloeser

Emu_Fire wrote:i want to add more tracks, but whenever i do it only plays the first track that was there already and none of the new ones i add ever work.
The MP3s in my folder are all renamed to 8+3 characters

I doubt it has anything to do with this but bitrates of these tracks are 128-256kbps.
Emu_Fire wrote:also, i dont think the names of the roms are too long, because there's games such as Lufia II that have really short names and they still are getting this strange treatment.
Open ROMS.LST in Wordpad. A valid entry for Lufia 2 should look like this:

LUFIA_2.FIG:Lufia 2
Emu_Fire
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Emu_Fire »

Something's definitely going on; but I have no idea what it is :|

Here is my ROMS.LST file. The name's don't look as the way you said they should, but they all look the same and they should work. The general flow is like this: GAME1.SMC:name I want*insert wierd symbol here*GAME2.SMC:name I want ...etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIO_METAL.SMC:Bio-Metal
BREATH_OF_FIRE_II.SMC:Breath of Fire II
BUST_A_MOVE.SMC:Bust-a-Move
CHRONO_TRIGGER.SMC:Chrono Trigger
CONGO_S_CAPER.SMC:Congo's Caper
CONTRA_III___THE_ALIEN_WARS.SMC:Contra III - The Alien Wars
DEMON_S_CREST.SMC:Demon's Crest
DONKEY_KONG_COUNTRY_2___DIDDY_S_KONG_QUEST.SMC:Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest
DONKEY_KONG_COUNTRY_3___DIXIE_KONG_S_DOUBLE_TROUBLE.SMC:Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
DONKEY_KONG_COUNTRY.SMC:Donkey Kong Country
DOOM.SMC:Doom
DOREMI_FANTASY__JAP_.SMC:DoReMi Fantasy (JAP)
E.V.O.___SEARCH_FOR_EDEN.SMC:E.V.O. - Search for Eden
EARTHBOUND.SMC:EarthBound
F_ZERO.SMC:F-Zero
FINAL_FANTASY_III.SMC:Final Fantasy III
FINAL_FIGHT.SMC:Final Fight
HARVEST_MOON.SMC:Harvest Moon
JOE___MAC___CAVEMAN_NINJAS.SMC:Joe & Mac - Caveman Ninjas
JOE___MAC_2___LOST_IN_THE_TROPICS.SMC:Joe & Mac 2 - Lost in the Tropics
KILLER_INSTINCT.SMC:Killer Instinct
KIRBY_SUPERSTAR.SMC:Kirby SuperStar
LUFIA_II___RISE_OF_THE_SINISTRALS.SMC:Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals
MADDEN_NFL__98.SMC:Madden NFL '98
MARIO_PAINT__PATCHED_.SMC:Mario Paint (patched)
MEGA_MAN_X_3.SMC:Mega-Man X-3
METAL_WARRIORS.SMC:Metal Warriors
NBA_LIVE__98.SMC:NBA Live '98
NHL__98.SMC:NHL '98
NINJA_GAIDEN_TRILOGY.SMC:Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
R_TYPE_III___THE_3RD_LIGHTNING.SMC:R-Type III - The 3rd Lightning
SAMURAI_SHODOWN.SMC:Samurai Shodown
SECRET_OF_EVERMORE.SMC:Secret of Evermore
SECRET_OF_MANA.SMC:Secret of Mana
SPACE_MEGAFORCE.SMC:Space MegaForce
SPIDER_MAN___VENOM___MAXIMUM_CARNAGE.SMC:Spider-Man & Venom - Maximum Carnage
STAR_OCEAN__TRANSLATED_.SMC:Star Ocean (translated)
STAR_FOX.SMC:Star-Fox
STREET_FIGHTER_II_TURBO___HYPER_FIGHTING.SMC:Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper-Fighting
SUPER_BOMBER_MAN_3.SMC:Super Bomber-Man 3
SUPER_BONK_2__JAP_.SMC:Super Bonk 2 (JAP)
SUPER_BONK.SMC:Super Bonk
SUPER_CASTLEVANIA_IV.SMC:Super Castlevania IV
SUPER_GHOSTS_N__GHOULS.SMC:Super Ghosts n' Ghouls
SUPER_MARIO_ALL_STARS___SUPER_MARIO_WORLD.SMC:Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World
SUPER_MARIO_RPG___LEGEND_OF_THE_7_STARS.SMC:Super Mario RPG - Legend of the 7 Stars
SUPER_MARIO_KART.SMC:Super Mario-Kart
SUPER_METROID.SMC:Super Metroid
SUPER_PUNCH_OUT__.SMC:Super Punch-Out!!
TALES_OF_PHANTASIA__TRANSLATED_.SMC:Tales of Phantasia (translated)
TEENAGE_MUTANT_NINJA_TURTLES_IV___TURTLES_IN_TIME.SMC:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time
TETRIS___DR._MARIO.SMC:Tetris & Dr. Mario
THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA___A_LINK_TO_THE_PAST.SMC:The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
THE_LION_KING.SMC:The Lion King
THE_SIMPSONS___VIRTUAL_BART.SMC:The Simpsons - Virtual Bart
YOSHI_S_ISLAND___SUPER_MARIO_WORLD_2.SMC:Yoshi's Island - Super Mario World 2
ZOMBIES_ATE_MY_NEIGHBOURS_.SWC:Zombies Ate my Neighbours!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the music files, there's the one that was in there to begin with, and another one that I added. The one that was there initially has a bit rate of 160kbps and is 4.94 MB. The one I added is at 64kbps and is 2.5 MB. They are both WMA also :|
Christuserloeser

Thank you for posting your ROMS.LST.
Emu_Fire wrote:Something's definitely going on; but I have no idea what it is :|

Here is my ROMS.LST file. The name's don't look as the way you said they should, but they all look the same and they should work. The general flow is like this: GAME1.SMC:name I want*insert wierd symbol here*GAME2.SMC:name I want ...etc.
There's nothing wrong with the way they look.
Emu_Fire wrote:i dont think the names of the roms are too long, because there's games such as Lufia II that have really short names and they still are getting this strange treatment.
Hm, to me that is a pretty long file name:
LUFIA_II___RISE_OF_THE_SINISTRALS.SMC:Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals
Rename games like these to have shorter names:

Your file "Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals.smc" should be renamed to something like "Lufia 2.smc". Then run romslst12.exe again and your problem will be solved.
Emu_Fire wrote:As for the music files, there's the one that was in there to begin with, and another one that I added. The one that was there initially has a bit rate of 160kbps and is 4.94 MB. The one I added is at 64kbps and is 2.5 MB. They are both WMA also :|
WMA !? Files with the .wma extension are encoded in a format that DSNES does not support. Try MP3 or MP2 instead.

And again, read my previous post. The file can't have a name longer than 8+3 characters.

This won't work:
C:\BootDreams\DSNES\sound\My track with a very looooong name.mp3

This will:
C:\BootDreams\DSNES\sound\Mytrack.mp3