Value of my DC stuff?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Value of my DC stuff?

Post by Eckostyle »

Gonna pawn my DC and games. What would the entire set be worth?

DC System
One controller
Three VMU's

Jet Grind Radio
Phantasy Star Online
Grandia 2 w/ music CD
Maken X
Marvel Vs Capcom
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Super Street Fighter 2X
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Street Fighter 3: Double Impact
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
King Of Fighters 2001
King Of Fighters 2002
The Last Blade 2
Garou: Mark Of The Wolves
Bomberman Online
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Shenmue
NFL2K
NFL2K1
NHL2K
NBA2K2
Skies Of Arcadia
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi 2
Quake III Arena
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver
ChuChuRocket!
Sega Smashpack Vol. 1
WWF Attitude
Resident Evil 2
Tony Hawks Pro Skater
Dead Or Alive 2 LE
18 Wheeler
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Web Broser 1.0
Web Browser 2.0
Guolty Gear X
GameShark CDX w/ VMU (VMU is broken)
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Value of my DC stuff?

Post by emptythought »

Ever think of using eBay as a reference? :roll:
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

$20 shipped.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Calavera wrote:$20 shipped.
lmao. More like over 200. All the fighters are worth at least $15 to 20 everything else is worth nothing though.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If you're interested in selling it off in parts, I'd take Skies of Arcadia and a VMU off you.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Albeit missing the shmups and Power Stone, this is an almost perfect collection. It's worth a damn lot but you'll get almost nothing for it. My advice: Keep it.

Instead of selling what you have, I'd actually recommend you to buy a set of decent arcade sticks, three additional controllers for multiplayer fun and a VGA box for HDTV compatibility.
Insane homebrew collector.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Pawning your stuff would be retarded. As mentioned before, your best bet would be to sell it a piece at a time. My recommendation would be that IF you really NEED to sell it, sell all the fighters and rpgs separately. Next, sell the system and the "filler" games as a whole while mentioning on your ebay ad that you have other games available in your other auctions and that you could combine shipping. Step 3, make some serious money!!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Christuserloeser wrote:It's worth a damn lot but you'll get almost nothing for it. My advice: Keep it. Instead of selling what you have, I'd actually recommend you to buy a set of decent arcade sticks, three additional controllers for multiplayer fun and a VGA box for HDTV compatibility.
I haven't played this DC since 2005, so It's just collecting dust. Hence why I'm selling it. :wink:

Anyway, I might just do what SoS said. Thanks for the suggestion.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

SoS's suggestion fucking blows. If you dont force sell all that filler crap with the good titles your gonna be stuck with shit that you cant simply sell. Do a huge ass bundle and unload it on ebay.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

RMD wrote:SoS's suggestion fucking blows. If you dont force sell all that filler crap with the good titles your gonna be stuck with shit that you cant simply sell. Do a huge ass bundle and unload it on ebay.
...he's going to include the filler crap with a Dreamcast...
It's thinking...
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

|darc| wrote:
RMD wrote:SoS's suggestion fucking blows. If you dont force sell all that filler crap with the good titles your gonna be stuck with shit that you cant simply sell. Do a huge ass bundle and unload it on ebay.
Selling it all as one bundle will get the best price. Or sell one good fighting game with like 5 other filler games you dont want. Just make sure you get rid of the filler. No one needs a DC by itself really and no one wants a DC plus a bunch of crap games. The DC itself is a filler item.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Eckostyle wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:It's worth a damn lot but you'll get almost nothing for it. My advice: Keep it.
I haven't played this DC since 2005, so It's just collecting dust. Hence why I'm selling it. :wink:
Okay then, I guess. ^^ Anyway, what I really meant was that this package has a much higher personal value than you possibly could get by selling it.

Other than that, I think what SoS said is the best way to get rid of it.
Insane homebrew collector.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

RMD wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Selling it all as one bundle will get the best price. Or sell one good fighting game with like 5 other filler games you dont want. Just make sure you get rid of the filler. No one needs a DC by itself really and no one wants a DC plus a bunch of crap games. The DC itself is a filler item.
No, selling it as one bundle will not get you the best price. Lumping everything in one auction never does. When you do that, you have to find someone willing to purchase two games at once, which they usually aren't. For example, if Jet Grind Radio and Grandia II each get you $20 on eBay, bundling them together is most likely going to get you $30 because there isn't a demand for buying the games together. People who are looking for either game are going to skip that auction and go to a single game auction.

Like Sultan of Saturn said, sell all the games that are expensive and sought-after alone, because they will each have buyers who will want to buy that individual game. As for the worthless filler crap, sell it with the Dreamcast as a bonus starter set of games. They will sell for pennies alone, but for someone who doesn't have a Dreamcast yet (and therefore have no games and are looking to have some), it might be worth it to pick the auction with filler for a few dollars more than an auction for the Dreamcast alone.
It's thinking...
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

There doesn't appear to be much 'filler' in the collection.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

My prior offer still stands.
dreamCloud
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by dreamCloud »

I wish I had found a good "lump" auction at ebay when I was first getting into the Dreamcast. Going over my purchases I have spent well over $1200 filling out my collection with DC stuff. Shipping and handling for all those different auction wins is a bitch.

If I had spent maybe $800 on a good set I would be far ahead and I would have only payed around $20-30 shipping.

I later found a few "Buy It Now" auctions of "the best dreamcast collection ever!"s. Each one was going for well over $900 and each one sold within a few days of being put online.

Up to you how you do it. You could try and sell it individually and add some extra 1 or 2 dollars onto the auction as "handling" charges in the Shipping and Handling area to make up some extra cash you'd be losing out for the less attractive games but to be honest as a seller and buyer on Ebay I really hate when people do that and usually avoid their auctions.
pieroxmysox
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by pieroxmysox »

RMD wrote:
|darc| wrote:
The filler games wont sell at all by themselves. If someone is searching to buy a Dreamcast, a Dreamcast with 10 games will sell for more than a Dreamcast with 0.

The good games will get full value while in a bundle they likely won't. (Unless someone is searching for the ultimate dreamcast collection, but you still won't get as much as you could by doing separate auctions).
Michiyoyoshiku
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Michiyoyoshiku »

how about my collection some of which is useless due to the suckiness of the gamesharks boot abilities.

Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Eckostyle: I would be willing to buy Guilty Gear X, Jet Grind Radio, and Shenmue if you wish to sell them to me.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

The Capcom games are worth a bit, Especially SSFIIX, does it come with the spinecard?

Mark of the Wolves is quite rare (ish) to, I am going off the UK market though.