Wii Virtual Console Releases Thread

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wii Virtual Console Releases Thread

Post by Veggita2099 »

melancholy wrote:This week we only get one? I know it's a good one, but that's still really disappointing. Why did they stop releasing 3 a week? It's not like they are running out of things to port.
Last few weeks behind this was only 2 I noticed.

I would buy Star Tropics If it wouldn't cost me $10 in points just to buy a 500 point item.
I ever see two NES titles though I will. Castlevania III should be next in line, at least thats what I like to hope.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:I would buy Star Tropics If it wouldn't cost me $10 in points just to buy a 500 point item.
Why does it cost you $10 for 500 points?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

melancholy wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:I would buy Star Tropics If it wouldn't cost me $10 in points just to buy a 500 point item.
Why does it cost you $10 for 500 points?
Because You have to buy 1000 points and there is only 500 points worth of stuff I want to buy. Nintendo can't just let you buy what you need. So it would cost me $10 to buy this game, although granted I would have 500 points sitting around. Still its crappy you can't just buy what you want. I guess that is the one and only thing the Sony Store on Ps3 has over 360/Wii is they don't use those BS points. You want a $5 game you pay $5 and your done. No left over points!!!!! The whole points thing is just a scam to make you pay more. Think about it how many points between your 360 and Wii do you have sitting around. I have 200 points on my Wii right now I can't do ANYTHING with. I think I have about 150 points on my 360, just enough to NOT be able to purchase a tv show. Yea its just a couple of dollars here and there, but think about how much money these companies are sitting on because of these points. IF every Wii owner has 100 points on standby how much extra money is that Nintendo has? Same deal with the 360.

Oh and where I live in Ohio I get stuck paying a 7% sales tax every time I buy points. Yea it sucks.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I guess I just don't notice because I buy everything with point cards. Which, contrary to you, means I don't like the Sony store because Sony is the only one that doesn't sell point cards. And if they did offer cards, I would still be thoroughly annoyed because everything ends with .99, plus there's random change for tax, meaning that I would always have random money floating around on the account. Same reason iTunes cards annoys me.

But that's still not as bad as Microsoft. I hate the 360 point system despite them offering cards because their entire systems is so convoluted. $1 for 80 points? WTF was their logic behind this terrible idea? There was an Oblivion item I wanted that was 50 points, but buying it would screw up my point account. What the hell can you do with 30 points on Marketplace?

Nintendo's system isn't perfect either, but at least they use a logical system (1 point per penny) and keep everything rounded up to a dollar. That helps, but choosing your point amount would be nice too. It's not something I deal with, though, because as I said before, I just buy point cards.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Feb 11 2008
Harvest Moon - SNES
Lords of Thunder - TG16
It's thinking...
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Harvest Moon :o Fuck Yes.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

melancholy wrote:I guess I just don't notice because I buy everything with point cards. Which, contrary to you, means I don't like the Sony store because Sony is the only one that doesn't sell point cards. And if they did offer cards, I would still be thoroughly annoyed because everything ends with .99, plus there's random change for tax, meaning that I would always have random money floating around on the account. Same reason iTunes cards annoys me.

But that's still not as bad as Microsoft. I hate the 360 point system despite them offering cards because their entire systems is so convoluted. $1 for 80 points? WTF was their logic behind this terrible idea? There was an Oblivion item I wanted that was 50 points, but buying it would screw up my point account. What the hell can you do with 30 points on Marketplace?

Nintendo's system isn't perfect either, but at least they use a logical system (1 point per penny) and keep everything rounded up to a dollar. That helps, but choosing your point amount would be nice too. It's not something I deal with, though, because as I said before, I just buy point cards.
Yea Microsoft could have at least used 1 cent to 1 point like Nintendo. However at least with Microsoft there are things you can buy when you drop below $5 worth of points. You want to buy a $6 game on Wii you spend $10. Then you have 400 points ($4) you can't do nothing with. With Xbox live you can use that money to buy add-ons to certain games (granted nothing wonderful in that price range), or you can buy tv shows for 2 bucks which I think it great. I don't care a bit to pay $2 for a tv show just to avoid the commercials. If Microsoft wasn't such buttholes and would allow us to use external hard drives I would download quite a few tv shows, but I am not going to spend a outlandish amount of money on their elite 120MB HD when every other HD pretty much in existence is cheaper.

I can see from a points card user your reasons though, although I don't understand why you want to use point cards? I mean most banks offer debit cards which work like a credit card now? I think there are even prepaid credits cards you can buy now.

In any case I guess its safe to say all could use improvements. Personally I think you should be able to resale Digital downloads. I mean if I go to the store and buy a game I can turn around and sell it at any time for whatever amount I want. Digital downloads apparently are not much (if at all) cheaper then hard copies, so why can't we resale them? Shoot right now you can buy shivering isles cheaper on a hard copy then you can for the freakin digital download!!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Veggita2099 wrote:I can see from a points card user your reasons though, although I don't understand why you want to use point cards?
I get a discount on points cards.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom - NES $5
Phantasy Star 2 - Genesis $8
It's thinking...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Kirby 64 - $10
Psychosis (TG16) - $6
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

|darc| wrote:Kirby 64 - $10
HELL YES! Oh, I'm am downloading that right now!
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

melancholy wrote:
|darc| wrote:Kirby 64 - $10
HELL YES! Oh, I'm am downloading that right now!
Yeah, Kirby 64 is pretty awesome. I'm not sure if it is $10-awesome right now though.. I'm hoping Nintendo releases Smash Bros. for N64 before Brawl. (Hopefully). Maybe Nintendo is running out of sucky games. ;)

Not to mention I only have 1000 points right now. :?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Looks like all we get this week is Super Turrican for SNES.
It's thinking...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

RIVER CITY RANSOM!!!
And Phantasy Star III.
It's thinking...
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

May 5 2008 releases

Pokemon Puzzle League - Nintendo 64
Renegade - Nes
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yonke wrote:Renegade - Nes
Heh, Renegade. That was the first game I've ever beaten on my NES. I even beat it before Mario Bros, which is strange, but I played it so much at a friend's house that once I got my own NES I wanted something different. So I ended up getting Renegade. I loved it back then, but looking back, it certainly didn't age very well.
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

I bought so far:
Contra III
Mario 64
Ghouls and Ghosts
Blazing Lazers
R-Type
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Story
Wave Race
Metal Slug
Super Mario
Metroid
Castlevania
Zelda
Sonic
Phantasy Star 2
Phatansy Star 3
Zelda: A Link to the Past

I'm surprised they released Sonic for SMS, and they only have 3 other games. I mean the SMS was basically a dead system by the time Sonic for Genesis came out, and Sonic for SMS wasn't for a considerable time after the Genesis release. I didn't even know it existed back then. I'm tempted to get Alex Kidd but I'm afraid that's the only one they will release that I like. There's so many good games for this system and I'd buy like 25 of them if Nintendo released them all.

I'm also thinking of getting Y's I and II.

Future ones I'm looking forward to:
Contra
Phantasy Star 4
Earthbound
Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (hopefully untranslated)

Ones I want that will never be released:
Revenge of Shinobi
RBI Baseball
Goldeneye 007
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hell yeah.

SUPER MARIO RPG

and Clu Clu... Land? I don't know, I stopped when I read the first one.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

HOLY SHIT, SUPER MARIO RPG IS OUT!!!!!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

omfg smrpg as soon as I have electricity, I BUY!!!!!
It's thinking...