Found this under my 11-year-old brother's bed...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Found this under my 11-year-old brother's bed...

Post by Luriden »

Any suggestions on what to do?

|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

What the fuck? Is your house a police state? He's a kid, he's going to have angst, it's part of that stage of life. Throw it away, stop snooping in the kid's room.
It's thinking...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

|darc| wrote:What the fuck? Is your house a police state? He's a kid, he's going to have angst, it's part of that stage of life. Throw it away, stop snooping in the kid's room.
Let me rephrase that: My mom found it while cleaning. He's too lazy to clean his room so my Mom did while he was out.

And also, it's not angst. He wrote those words down because he thinks cussing is cool and wants to be like Slipknot (and if you know Slipknot, you might see the similarity to their song "Surfacing" here). Mom says she wants the CDs taken away, I don't see a point since he'll still continue this crap.
Last edited by Luriden on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

That's fucked.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

He's just mad because he got lice.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:And also, it's not angst. He wrote those words down because he thinks cussing is cool and wants to be like Slipknot (and if you know Slipknot, you might see the similarity to their song "Surfacing" here). Mom says she wants the CDs taken away, I don't see a point since he'll still continue this crap.
That is angst.
HE IS REBELLING. HE'S A YOUNG KID, THIS IS WHAT THEY DO.
I too thought Slipknot and cursing was cool when I was younger.
Yes, take away his CDs, make him hate you all more. :roll:
He will grow out of it. The reason he likes Slipknot is because your mother doesn't.
It's thinking...
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

He's just obsessed with the word, at the moment, he thinks it's cool. He feels like a big man saying those words. It happened to me, and most probably it happened to you too, at his age. If he says that at the dinner table, THEN it's a problem.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

|darc| wrote:HE IS REBELLING. HE'S A YOUNG KID, THIS IS WHAT THEY DO.
He will grow out of it. The reason he likes Slipknot is because your mother doesn't.
Oddly enough, I have to agree with |darc| on this particular subject (all except the whole thinking Slipknot was cool thing).

I'll tell you what you should do about it. Buy him a journal or composition book, and tell him to write his thoughts and feelings in there. Encourage him to read more classic literature. Get him to read up on significant historical events that might interest him. Have him study Jack the Ripper, or read Edgar Allen Poe.

When I was young, I thought it was cool to cuss, as well. I also expressed myself through my writing, but I quickly started doing it in a much more artful way.

Encourage his zeal for writing rather than putting him down for the way he currently expresses himself.

From what you've said on the boards, you and your brother have been through an awful lot over the last year or so. It's only natural for him to have feelings such as those expressed in his writing.

And above all, rather than taking away his Slipknot CD's, steer him toward more inventive, creative music in the same vain. Steer him toward bands that have deeper roots in classic music and classic literature. See if he's into Iron Maiden at all, or at least possibly some good old Viking metal. If he gets into Viking metal, encourage him to read Beowulf. Maybe you can even steer him toward some of the heavier Xian metal bands, such as Living Sacrifice, Stavesacre, Norma Jean, etc. and you won't have to worry about him listening to cussing in his music anymore.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

He should learn to write a coherent paragraph.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
SkillsTakinPills
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by SkillsTakinPills »

|darc| wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:And also, it's not angst. He wrote those words down because he thinks cussing is cool and wants to be like Slipknot (and if you know Slipknot, you might see the similarity to their song "Surfacing" here). Mom says she wants the CDs taken away, I don't see a point since he'll still continue this crap.
That is angst.
Don't listen to him. When I was a kid I, too, thought cussing was cool. And look me now, motherfucker I still do! Love this shit. I'll die for this shit. top flight, motherfuker. :twisted: :twisted:

and freaky kaneaky, you ain't foolin shit. We know that's really your note you wrote while in your brother's room. Just fess up.
Real recognize real, and fake I can't relate.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Juan wrote:He's just mad because he got lice.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

My only suggestion is that he practice his penmanship.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

You should take a red marker, write "F+" at the top of it, and mark up all the mistakes. Then put it back when you got it from. :twisted:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

DaMadFiddler wrote:You should take a red marker, write "F+" at the top of it, and mark up all the mistakes. Then put it back when you got it from. :twisted:
:lol:
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

|darc| wrote:
That is angst.
+1
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I agree, but at the same time, it seems dumb to just let him get away with cursing because "he's going through that phase." We were lenient with his behavior growing up because he had a rough time when he was really little (born with a deformed skull and had to go through surgery, it's still deformed and he has to have long hair to hide the scars). However, that backfired on us, since now he's a spoiled brat who yells at my mom when he can't get his way. My sister and I weren't like this because my mom disciplined us while growing up. My brother has always gotten his way growing up, and still expects to no matter what.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Fuck that shit yo he's a mother fucking hardcore rebel. He's unique! I'd call the cops on him cause this guy is a hardcore killer.
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Show him BG :roll:
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan