Need help deciding on computer/360 speakers.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need help deciding on computer/360 speakers.

Post by stagg »

I am not really an audiophile, but I would like to know which speakers are best. I would like to keep it under $100 or around there, and if I can go cheaper I probably will.

Right now I am using a 2.1 set by Cyber Acoustics and they are not terrible but my dog chewed threw the sub wire and its all jittery after I re-connected them all. Here are the ones I have been looking at.

Also, keep in mine It will be in a small area, meaning
they will be 3 in front about 1foot away. and the 2 in back being less then a foot away.

The Logitech X-530s. These are what I was mostly looking into getting.
Nice cheap price and good reviews.

Logitech Z-2300 ~105 bucks, expensive, but better quality, but only 2.1

Creative GigaWorks T20 28 W 2.0 Around 80bucks, only 2.0 but have had great reviews.

Can anyone recommend any of these speakers, or any other speakers in this price range. These will be specifically for the 360 and PC, I will sometimes watch movies but not as much as playing games.
[/code]
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I'll sell you a set of Logitech Z-640 for $30 (price negotiable).

Perfect condition and lightly used. For the environment you are describing, they should be perfect.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Z-2300s are really, really good for gaming and movies. They aren't fucking around when they say THX certified. I've had a pair for awhile, and they work great.
Very sexy hero, omg
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

melancholy wrote:I'll sell you a set of Logitech Z-640 for $30 (price negotiable).

Perfect condition and lightly used. For the environment you are describing, they should be perfect.
No thanks I don't really like the look of them that much, and for a little bit more I would have a new set. I also wouldn't want to deal with going threw the whole buying them online, and shipping would be a pain. Thanks anyways though.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Well I decided I am going for
Logitech X-540, I got more money then anticipated from work this week so it was an added bonus and I have heard nothing from good about these, plus they're sexy as hell.

The fact that the center speaker can clip onto the monitor is great and will definitely save some room. These speakers are also nice because I can mount them, which will also be great, and all for $105, can't get better.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

melancholy wrote:I'll sell you a set of Logitech Z-640 for $30 (price negotiable).

if you still have it for the end of the second week of january and the speakers work perfectly i will like to have it... about the shipping how much it would be??
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re:

Post by Yonke »

Yonke wrote:

if you still have it for the end of the second week of january and the speakers work perfectly i will like to have it... about the shipping how much it would be??
bump.......

Mel do you still have the speakers you where talking about back in december for sale???
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Need help deciding on computer/360 speakers.

Post by melancholy »

Nope. EvilN bought them.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I know this topic is dead now and everything, but I stay away from Logitech speakers like the plague. I bought and tried out their "highest end" speakers that they offered, and the sound quality was not was I was expecting from the reviews they were getting. Loud, yes. Good bass, yes. Good sound quality? Not at all.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Acme Rootbeer?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MulletMan13 wrote:I know this topic is dead now and everything, but I stay away from Logitech speakers like the plague. I bought and tried out their "highest end" speakers that they offered, and the sound quality was not was I was expecting from the reviews they were getting. Loud, yes. Good bass, yes. Good sound quality? Not at all.
Wow, I'm the exact opposite. After trying out other brands of speakers, I finally gave up and just went back to buying Logitech. The other brands in a similar price range were so bad that I ended up returning two sets within hours of buying them. Got the Logitechs and have been happy since.