How much would I get for this? (DS related)

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How much would I get for this? (DS related)

Post by Luriden »

So I haven't played my DS since the week after Metroid Hunters came out. I haven't bought any new games since then and kinda got out of the handheld-phase. I guess because the Lite spoiled me and everytime I look at my DS I get depressed about how mine is so obsolete and ugly (I often spend time at Best Buy just comparing it to the older DS and admiring the screen and all). Stupid thing I know, but that's just how I roll. I'm hoping if I get a DS Lite, and feel more "up-to-date", I'll be inspired to play it more. So anyway...

I have a hotrod red DS/Mario Kart DS bundle. I'm thinking about selling it, most likely eBay but not sure yet. Hopefully it'll be enough to get me a Lite, then if I miss MKDS enough I'll buy it separately (I wouldn't count on it though, single player is too hard and online has too many cheaters). How much do you think this would get me, and where would I most likely make the most money from? I'll even sell it here if I need to. However, if I don't make enough to even put a dent in the price of a new DS Lite, I'm not interested, I'll stick with my old one. If I sell it this month I'll probably just put it towards Christmas funds and pick up a DS Lite sometime next year.

EDIT: Whoops, I suppose this goes in the Gaming Forum. Move it as you wish. If you don't think it's involving gaming so much in general, leave it here.
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

When you say "enough to even put a dent in the price of a new DS Lite," how much of a dent are you looking to make? Also, what kind of condition is it in? Can you tell I'd be interested in taking it off your hands? :wink: I wouldn't need MKDS, though. I already own it.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

By impetus's average, $100.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I will take cart for 10 dollars.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm hoping to get a DS Lite while I'm in Japan. Thing is they're supposedly sold out everywhere again.

I'm also in the same boat as you Kenichi. I know it may sound pathetic to some people, but I can't see my original DS as anything but inferior. I can't stand feeling out of date when it comes to things like that, especially if I'm going to be playing it in public. :?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I had the same pronlem. But the DS Lite, it's much much nicer. I need to get rid of the old one too now =\
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

MK is too hard offline?

Cheaters online?

....noob.

As for making enough to get a DS lite, don't count on it. There's no way you'll get the right amount to equal a lite. You'll be shelling out a bit to make up the difference for sure.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I don't view it as inferior, if anything the phat model is superior. It means instead of bowing to basic capitalism and obssesive compulism you held out for what you had and didn't buy into the new model to enjoy the latches breaking in a few months. Haven't heard if thats been fixed accross the board as of yet. Loyalty I suppose.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

APE wrote:I don't view it as inferior, if anything the phat model is superior. It means instead of bowing to basic capitalism and obssesive compulism you held out for what you had and didn't buy into the new model to enjoy the latches breaking in a few months.
A better DS > The moral highground

Oh, and the latch doesn't break. It's just a hairline crack that Nintendo are prepared to fix anyway.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Number Six wrote:When you say "enough to even put a dent in the price of a new DS Lite," how much of a dent are you looking to make? Also, what kind of condition is it in? Can you tell I'd be interested in taking it off your hands? :wink: I wouldn't need MKDS, though. I already own it.
I was thinking I could get at least $100 for it, apparently I was quite wrong there. The DS is in pristine condition, minus a small paint chip towards the screen. Actually, I don't think it's a paint chip, I don't know what it is. The DS is red, and there's a tiny little oval about 2mm thick that's white, and it's not a chip since I can run my thumbnail across it and it's smooth going across it. But other than that, it's in great condition, there are no scratches on the screens or anything.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

APE wrote:I don't view it as inferior, if anything the phat model is superior. It means instead of bowing to basic capitalism and obssesive compulism you held out for what you had and didn't buy into the new model to enjoy the latches breaking in a few months. Haven't heard if thats been fixed accross the board as of yet. Loyalty I suppose.
I like the fat DS's d-pad better myself.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Lartrak wrote:
APE wrote:I don't view it as inferior, if anything the phat model is superior. It means instead of bowing to basic capitalism and obssesive compulism you held out for what you had and didn't buy into the new model to enjoy the latches breaking in a few months. Haven't heard if thats been fixed accross the board as of yet. Loyalty I suppose.
I like the fat DS's d-pad better myself.
I agree with you. I like the layout of the old DS much better than the DS Lite. That's why I got DS Lites for my kids for Christmas, so I can have my stepson's old DS. :wink:
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.