Final Fantasy VII

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Final Fantasy VII

Post by Specially Cork »

I really wish I could get into this game and see what all the fuss is about. I've started it about 6 times, and the furthest I ever made it to was the Temple of the Ancients. The story seems like it would be just the sort of thing I would enjoy, but I just can't get into it. The first time I ever played it was when I first got my PS2, and by then the "wow factor" of the game's visuals had been truly surpassed.

It really depresses me that I'll probably never reach the high-points of this game that make everybody love it so much. But I guess I'm gonna have to give up. :cry: :cry:

Oh by the way, I have no idea why I'm posting this. I just am.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Erm, I posted this in Null. I see no reason for it to be here, considering it offers nothing of any use to anyone.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I dunno, you should've gotten sucked in by now if you got to the Temple of the Ancients. That's pretty far in, if I remember correctly.
It's thinking...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by APE »

I've gotten as far as getting back to base after doing whatever you do in the intro. The graphics pissed me off back when this game was new so I haven't touched it.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

I beat the game :D
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I found that my interest steadily declined throughout the third disc, to the point that I just didn't care enough to actually beat it.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Ex-Cyber wrote:I found that my interest steadily declined throughout the third disc, to the point that I just didn't care enough to actually beat it.
Wha? "Throughout"? The third disk had like 5 minutes of gameplay.
It's thinking...
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
Ex-Cyber wrote:I found that my interest steadily declined throughout the third disc, to the point that I just didn't care enough to actually beat it.
Wha? "Throughout"? The third disk had like 5 minutes of gameplay.
Yeah, the third disc was just a short dungeon and the boss fight.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BoneyCork wrote:Erm, I posted this in Null. I see no reason for it to be here, considering it offers nothing of any use to anyone.
Wagh moves any topic with even a hint of seriousness to other forums. I once bitched about my professor, and he moved it to OT. And I also made a joke about camping out at Burger King for Sneak King, but he thought that was too serious too and moved it to Gaming.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Erm, I posted this in Null. I see no reason for it to be here, considering it offers nothing of any use to anyone.
Wagh moves any topic with even a hint of seriousness to other forums. I once bitched about my professor, and he moved it to OT. And I also made a joke about camping out at Burger King for Sneak King, but he thought that was too serious too and moved it to Gaming.
Well apparently because people are posting in it it is justified. I personally just wanted to post my fustration at not being able to enjoy the game for the hell of it. If it is in this forum it looks like I'm trying to flamebait FF7 fans.

I was always under the impression that the topic creator's intentions were more important than the content in deciding which forum it belongs to, but according to Wagh this isn't the case.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

melancholy wrote:
Posts that don't belong in Null I move. Get over it. As for the Camping one I already pointed out that I didn't even read it. OH GOD IM SO FUCKING MEAN TO YOU.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Wagh wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Posts that don't belong in Null I move. Get over it. As for the Camping one I already pointed out that I didn't even read it. OH GOD IM SO FUCKING MEAN TO YOU.
It's true. :cry:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Wagh wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Moving threads without reading them is a bad thing. It isn't a worthy excuse.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I couldn't get into FFVII either. A friend of mine gave it to me years ago (when it wasn't worth more than a few dollars). I tried playing it three times, never got more than 8 or 9 hours in.

On the upside, I sold it for $75 on eBay.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I've put about 12 hours into FF7. I like it a lot, but for now I'm addicted to FF12.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

FF7 was pretty cool. A little overrated, but definatly a staple in the FF series. The third disc was nothing BUT the last dungeon along with the rest of the world.

Chrono Trigger is where its at >=D
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Love it. My favorite true RPG of all time.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

melancholy wrote:
Wagh wrote:
melancholy wrote:
It's true. :cry:
Facist!
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I love ff7. A PS1 emulator on PSP has just been released that can play it pretty much full speed :o once it gets updated with sound im gonna give it a play through again.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i could never bring myself to play through it again. the story is just to confuddled.