I forgot to change my alarm clock

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I forgot to change my alarm clock

Post by butters »

Stupid time change. Cost myself an hour of sleep on the day that I have to get up super early. Now I'm killing time waiting until it's time for work...
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Oh my god.... I just did the exact same thing :o I didn't even realize it until I read your post :o Now I have an hour to kill....
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Did I mention how much I hate our governor? Because I really, really do. I spent all of my life never having to touch my clocks, and then some guy from another state comes in and telling us that we've been doing it all wrong and forces DST on us.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I changed them before going to bed last night. But, yeah, dst is teh suckage.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Smiley wrote:I changed them before going to bed last night. But, yeah, dst is teh suckage.
DST is the time that goes into effect in the spring.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

fall back, spring ahead. thats all i know, i haven't a clue which half of the year is DST and which isn't.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

My alarm clock says its 8:34 and i was just about to hop in the shower cause i thought it was getting late and i have school tomorrow... then i flip open my phone to see if i missed anything.. and its 7:34 ... that cought me off guard. :roll:
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:Did I mention how much I hate our governor? Because I really, really do. I spent all of my life never having to touch my clocks, and then some guy from another state comes in and telling us that we've been doing it all wrong and forces DST on us.
I know how ya feel man.
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

Most people get an extra hour of sleep on this time change. I got an extra hour of work. :(

My 7pm to 7am shift was 13 and 1/2 hours due to the time change. I had wished my relief would forget about changing their alarm clocks and be early for once. However they are always a half hour late, and Sunday morning was no exception.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

melancholy wrote:Did I mention how much I hate our governor? Because I really, really do. I spent all of my life never having to touch my clocks, and then some guy from another state comes in and telling us that we've been doing it all wrong and forces DST on us.
Didn't that ever mess you up when dealing with other local (DST-abiding) people?

At least it's not as bad as in the UAE where in september they went from the weekend being thursday/friday to it being friday/saturday purely to help buisness (since the effectively lost half the week being that they could only assuredly do buisness with the west on monday-wednesday ).

Either way, I enjoy the DST system. Without it it would be scary with waking up at the same time and having the sun be up or down depending on the time of the year.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Covar wrote:fall back, spring ahead. thats all i know, i haven't a clue which half of the year is DST and which isn't.
K-DST?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

fuck changing clocks, use a cell phone as your clock/alarm and you'll never have to touch it.

same with 'puters.
It's thinking...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Darcus Magnus wrote:fuck changing clocks, use a cell phone as your clock/alarm and you'll never have to touch it.

same with 'puters.
... and halfway decent VCRs. :lol:

I'm pretty sure they even make microwaves and coffee pots that can detect the time automatically, too.

I know for a fact that they make satellite-enabled clocks, as well, that can automatically adjust the time.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Darcus Magnus wrote:fuck changing clocks, use a cell phone as your clock/alarm and you'll never have to touch it.

same with 'puters.
With a computer or a phone I can't turn my head in the middle of the night and see what time it is.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:

same with 'puters.
With a computer or a phone I can't turn my head in the middle of the night and see what time it is.
Sure you can. I do it all the time. leave your cell phone on your nightstand and press 'cancel' to make the backlight come on. It's not disruptive of sleep if you leave it on the edge of your nightstand.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
butters wrote:

same with 'puters.
Sure you can. I do it all the time. leave your cell phone on your nightstand and press 'cancel' to make the backlight come on. It's not disruptive of sleep if you leave it on the edge of your nightstand.
Which means you are physically having to move your arm to look at it. Clocks aren't obsolete yet.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:
Darcus Magnus wrote:
butters wrote:

same with 'puters.
Which means you are physically having to move your arm to look at it. Clocks aren't obsolete yet.
You're just a clock fanboy. :P
It's thinking...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Or, you can put your computer in your bedroom, and set the clock as your screensaver. ;)
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

curt_grymala wrote:Or, you can put your computer in your bedroom, and set the clock as your screensaver. ;)
CRTs emit light even when they are displaying black. No thanks.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

butters wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:Or, you can put your computer in your bedroom, and set the clock as your screensaver. ;)
CRTs emit light even when they are displaying black. No thanks.
fanboy