Wii pre-orders tomorrow at GS/EB..

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wii pre-orders tomorrow at GS/EB..

Post by Lartrak »

Just a heads up. GameStop/EB have confirmed they're getting pre-orders tomorrow. Probably 8-16 a store. I'll be reserving it. I suspect that they won't be super hard to find launch day if you go early though.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

20-36 units is expected from what i gathered.

My friend and I plan on hitting EB when we go on lunch @ 11am hopefully we can reserve one.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Damnit, I wish I would've known earlier. I'm gonna have to get there super early... Hmm.
It's thinking...
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I bet there will be enough units for everyone anyways
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Lunchbox wrote:I bet there will be enough units for everyone anyways
I dunno... online preorders got insane for stores like Amazon.
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I got this email earlier tonight. And luckily for me, my morning class is cancelled, and I happen to have a $100 bill laying around. Still, I'm going to try to hit up Blockbuster first, since I have $100 in gift cards for there. Barring that, it's off to Gamestop!
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

I look at it this way, where i live gaming is big when it comes to children who will be in school while parents work so i think i've got a chance hitting eb long before work and school get out.
XtremeWRATH-360 Gamertag
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I'm kinda disappointed that they start on a day when I have morning classes. I've arranged to have someone lend me their notes in my first class of the day, now just to find someone for the class right after that (I might be back before then, but just in case)...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I have class at 10:30... I'm going to try to get at GameStop early; I think they open at 8am; I'm going to check on that tonight. If not, I get out at 11:20 and have another class at 1:30; I'll have to get my ass over there between classes.
It's thinking...
Number Six
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Number Six »

I go to work at 7am tomorrow, and the EB opens at 10. Maybe they'll still have some available when I go to lunch.
DARKGATE wrote:look me in the my balls eyes :o
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Yup..I found this out today when I was there buying some cube games. I don't work tommorow, so I'm gonna pre-order. My local store is getting 20, according to the guy I spoke with.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Going to snag one at midnight at my local WalMart. One of the good things about living in a culturally repressed town, console launches aren't the frenzy you normally expect.
No signature.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

melancholy wrote:I got this email earlier tonight. And luckily for me, my morning class is cancelled, and I happen to have a $100 bill laying around. Still, I'm going to try to hit up Blockbuster first, since I have $100 in gift cards for there. Barring that, it's off to Gamestop!
Does every blockbuster take pre-orders?

I'm wondering because you've mentioned this before, and I'm intrigued,

edit: But I already pre-ordered at another store on Monday. Paid in full, but due to the fact that they thought they'd get 40 systems, I'm still camping out. I think I was like 30 something in the queue.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

atf487 wrote:
melancholy wrote:I got this email earlier tonight. And luckily for me, my morning class is cancelled, and I happen to have a $100 bill laying around. Still, I'm going to try to hit up Blockbuster first, since I have $100 in gift cards for there. Barring that, it's off to Gamestop!
Does every blockbuster take pre-orders?

I'm wondering because you've mentioned this before, and I'm intrigued,

edit: But I already pre-ordered at another store on Monday. Paid in full, but due to the fact that they thought they'd get 40 systems, I'm still camping out. I think I was like 30 something in the queue.
Just ones with Game Rush in them. I had amazing success in the past with preording with them. I preordered a 360 there, and while everyone was camping out at Best Buy or bitching about preorder screwups, I was happily sitting in my car at 12:01am the night of lauch with my brand new 360. They only took 10 preorders, which took them over a month to book them all, because honestly, who thinks to preorder consoles at Blockbuster? and they were able to fufill 9 of the 10 they took, with the last one being filled a week later, so that to me is much more successful than the people that were getting their 360 preorders filled in January. And of course, I preordered my DS and PSP there, and was the first person to pick it up on both days because, again, nobody thinks to preorder there.

And if that wasn't enough reason to go there, they also have much better trade-in credit than Gamestop. My PSP only cost me $135 because they kept having deals where you trade in two games and get a preorder for $30, then when you picked up the preorder, you could sell the game back to them for $40. I bought 3 copies of King of Fighters at Meijer for $10, sold them to Blockbuster for $35 a piece (so I made $75), then used another game I had laying around to do the trade-in deal to preorder 2 games for $30. Got the games, played them, then sold them back a week later, (making $20), and preordered another game which I did the same thing with. So at that point, I had made $115 just on buying and selling games.
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

I just got back from reserving my Wii. I got there at 3:30AM and I was #2 in line. They recieved 30 systems, and they sold out of them in the first 5 minutes. :o
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

ahahaha. I was on my way to campus thsi moring and saw kids lined up outside of gamestop, but i couldnt figure out why. lolz
*The Cadillac of signatures*
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I got my preorder this morning from an EBgames. This store that I go to usually doesn't fill their preorder lists for anything until after all of the other EBgames/Gamestops in the area. I was very surprised that before the store opened, they had run out of preorder slots, and had to turn 5 or so people away.

While I was waiting in line to pay for mine, they ended up turning 4 or 5 more people away as well.

I also preordered Zelda: Twilight Princess while I was at it. I'll probably go back, as my bank account allows (i.e. when I get paid next), and preorder another game, and possibly a controller/nunchuck (they're even taking preorders for the Wii Points cards?!).
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

I went to GameStop this morning with a buddy of mine to pre-order. We went at 8:45, an hour and fifteen minutes before the place opened. The store we went to was taking 14 pre-orders, there was one person in line when we got there, and the line lengthened fairly quickly after us. It was maybe 20 people long by the time the store opened, so some folks missed out.

I was surprised at the age group of the people there. Most of them were older than me, some in their 40's or 50's even, who claimed they were getting one for themselves. Of course, some of the older people there said they were getting it for their kids, but I think Nintendo might be achieving what it wanted to achieve with the Wii: having a console that appeals to a wider age group.

Anyway, twas fun sitting in the cold bonding with fellow gamers. Now comes the hard part: waiting for launch. :lol:
Last edited by TyBO on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Grrr, my bitchass mother wouldn't give me the $50 to preorder it. It's my money, but the bank account is under my parents' names (still never transfered over when I turned 18) and my ATM card no longer works. She told me to get a job. :cry: This month is really going to break me, between going to see Journey/Def Leppard, The Black Crowes, and going to Voodoo Fest (Red Hot Chili Peppers/Duran Duran/Wu-Tang)....
It's thinking...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Cyphix wrote:I just got back from reserving my Wii. I got there at 3:30AM and I was #2 in line. They recieved 30 systems, and they sold out of them in the first 5 minutes. :o
Man... Benefit of mall stores is the mall doesn't open til 7 AM, so the absolute longest wait possible is 3 hours.

I showed up at 9:55 AM, and got the last reserve. I'm so awesome. :lol:

Took about 45 minutes to get through the line, the whole time of which I was unclear if I was going to get one or not. Apparently, they went two over what they were supposed to give, a miscount in the system or something. The number the store got was 14.

I also reserved the Wii version of Twilight Princess. I have gift cards at Best Buy I'll use to get Red Steel. Might also get Call of Duty 3, or Excite Truck later on.

I also reconfirmed I often find it easier to casually talk to middle aged women than guys around my own age. Kind of odd. I talked to two women who were both pre-ordering for their kids - and one had also pre-ordered a PS3. I was amazed by that, getting at least $1000 in video games for Christmas for 1 kid...
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.