I was Just wondering....

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
carl
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I was Just wondering....

Post by carl »

i have alaways wanted to mod my dc and paint it a different colour but it all seems so hard to do i was just wondering if you could have it modified at a shop if any1 knows of anything like that could you get back to me thanks. 8-)
rhubarb505
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by rhubarb505 »

I don't know of any shops, someone else might though.

Honestly just painting isn't that hard. If you really don't think you can manage than try just taking the top off and painting that first. That way you can leave all the components in place, snazz up your dc, and maybe gain some confidence.
"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot
read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." - Alvin Toffler
Dark Schneider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dark Schneider »

My friend had me write Dreamcast in katakana on the outside of his DC with a sharpie
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

painting a console is realitively simple...if a moron like me can do it, surely you can as well. I recommend krylon fusion spray paint, which can be picked up at wal-mart rather cheaply,and a good tutorial.

If you have the ability, while its apart for the painting, I would chip it to play imports. Installing the import chip is idiot proof and requires soldering 4 points.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

"Idiot-proof" and "soldering" should never be in the same sentence.

Except for that one.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer