Is there ever peace in the Middle East?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is there ever peace in the Middle East?

Post by Ceeg »

It seems like every country hates each other and it seems like everyday all you hear about is deaths. Out of curiousity what started all the hate between all the countries and why is it getting so extreme. I mean hell i can't remember the last time the Middle East wasn't mentioned in the news.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Is there ever peace in the Middle East?

Post by |darc| »

Ceeg wrote:It seems like every country hates each other and it seems like everyday all you hear about is deaths. Out of curiousity what started all the hate between all the countries and why is it getting so extreme. I mean hell i can't remember the last time the Middle East wasn't mentioned in the news.
Religion and dictators.
It's thinking...
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

The bible, torah, and other ancient documents from the middle eastern areas actually give good history on why the hatred, battles, etc started; yes the wars in the middle east have been going on for over 5,000 years. Longest war in history. :lol:

The war as far as I understand it is always about land area / land mass.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Over 5,000 years of war over religion, wow the Middle East takes religion way to seriously.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Invizix wrote:The bible, torah, and other ancient documents from the middle eastern areas actually give good history on why the hatred, battles, etc started; yes the wars in the middle east have been going on for over 5,000 years. Longest war in history. :lol:

The Torah is the Bible.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

I've been watching the news and some folks are predicting Syria will get involved in this crap...
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

Religions a joke thats all i have to say, nothing to get all carried away and have a war over. Different views different opinions, thats life.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Ceeg wrote:Religions a joke thats all i have to say, nothing to get all carried away and have a war over. Different views different opinions, thats life.
I've said it before; people will find a reason to fight each other.
Ceeg
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Ceeg »

pixel wrote:
Ceeg wrote:Religions a joke thats all i have to say, nothing to get all carried away and have a war over. Different views different opinions, thats life.
Next thing you know it people will fight with each other over the way they tie their shoes.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
Invizix wrote:The bible, torah, and other ancient documents from the middle eastern areas actually give good history on why the hatred, battles, etc started; yes the wars in the middle east have been going on for over 5,000 years. Longest war in history. :lol:

The Torah is the Bible.
The Torah is only the first five books of the Old Testament. The Nevi'im and Ketuvim round out the rest.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Ceeg wrote:
pixel wrote:
Next thing you know it people will fight with each other over the way they tie their shoes.
so you relate people's core fundamental values and beliefs, as well as 5000 years of murders to be petty things to argue about, of the kind of decision roughly equal to choosing how to tie a knot?

wow you should go write some emails man, you could probably end this war yourself.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Roofus wrote:
Darcus Magnus wrote:

The Torah is the Bible.
The Torah is only the first five books of the Old Testament. The Nevi'im and Ketuvim round out the rest.
I know, but I'm tired of reading the Torah listed alongside the Bible.
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

This is the dumbest fucking thread in a long time.

What's next?

Topic: "Hey. About that Second World War..."

Body: "DID HITLER REALLY KILL JEWS JUST BECAUSE HE DIDNT LIKE THEM OR SOMETHING? DISCUSS."
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Its Monopoly-related. That game causes so many feuds.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

imho someone needs to nuke the entire middle east of the face of the planet, including all those fucking isrealis, america is just backing them out of guilt for what happened in WWII
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:imho someone needs to nuke the entire middle east of the face of the planet, including all those fudging isrealis, america is just backing them out of guilt for what happened in WWII
You sound like the people who come in my work complaining about the price of gas.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:imho someone needs to nuke the entire middle east of the face of the planet, including all those fudging isrealis, america is just backing them out of guilt for what happened in WWII
It is your honest opinion that using nuclear weapons to kill millions of innocent people and destroy entire nations is the best solution? I seriously hope you are joking. How is that sort of attitude any better than the attitude of people who are fighting in the Middle East in the first place?
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Your an ignorant jackass.

I have a ton of arabic friends, most of them are cool, one of my friends father is over there stuck because the places got bombed. I want to see your fucking father go over to see family and the place breaks out into a "war". It's pretty fucked up. PS: STFU MUPPET Won't work.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i think america is backing israel because we helped create the country.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

A great many christians feel that the nuking of jerusalem is how armageddon will commence.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man