Wanna avoid jail? have a little cry

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wanna avoid jail? have a little cry

Post by Hawq »

A man who was spared a prison sentence because he cried in the dock has admitted that he was weeping for himself and not his victim.

Daniel Hardman, 21, broke down in court after he was sentenced to six months in prison for attacking a pub landlord.
That name again just in case you missed the funny side of it Daniel Hardman
He will now serve 200 hours community service for pushing a glass in the face of licensee Christopher Glover at the Wheatsheaf pub in Leigh last September.

He caused a gash to the 35-year-old's lip which had to be glued shut. The attack was witnessed by Mr Glover's children.

Hardman also admitted witness intimidation - threatening the victim about the impending court case.
Hardman told BBC Radio Five Live he was crying for himself because he did not want to go to prison.

Asked if he was upset about his victim, he replied: "No, I was just more bothered about going to prison."

Asked how he would answer critics who said it was a soft sentence, he said: "I don't deserve to be in prison. At least I don't think so, not with what people get away with nowadays."
Mr Glover said the judge had "given a green light" for people to attack landlords.

He added: "My job is hard enough as it is without people thinking they can attack me and then get away with it by turning on the waterworks in court.

"A lot of people would have given him a hiding, but I can't do that because I would lose my job, whether I cried or not.

"I did things by the book, and he's totally got away with it. That's British justice for you."

Judge Clark said he had seen "genuine regret and remorse" in Hardman.
source I think this calls for a WTF?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Slim_Oracle
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Slim_Oracle »

The part that got me was the fact that the landlord had to get his lip gash glued shut. Uh, what ever happened to stitches?
I'd kill myself too if my last name was...COMBS!
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Slim_Oracle wrote:The part that got me was the fact that the landlord had to get his lip gash glued shut. Uh, what ever happened to stitches?
It's called "liquid stitches" (at least here.) It's basically sterile super glue. It's easier to use and less painful that traditional stitches.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Okay...Yet another remorseless attacker that gets away for no good reason. Amazing, isn't it? :?

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Roofus wrote:
Slim_Oracle wrote:The part that got me was the fact that the landlord had to get his lip gash glued shut. Uh, what ever happened to stitches?
It's called "liquid stitches" (at least here.) It's basically sterile super glue. It's easier to use and less painful that traditional stitches.

+1 for Britishness.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

a lot of old timers actually use super glue on cuts. I see it all the time out here.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

damn him for having remorse.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Wagh wrote:damn him for having remorse.
But he didn't:
The Article wrote:Asked if he was upset about his victim, he replied: "No, I was just more bothered about going to prison."