Cha Cha Amigo controller

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cha Cha Amigo controller

Post by Imerion »

I just bought Samba De Amigo together with 3rd party Cha Cha Amigo controllers. First, I must say the game is incredibly fun. Actually the best rythm-based game ive played. Or it would be, if the controllers worked a bit better. As it is now, they work fine mostly, even though its a bit hard to hit the lowest ones. But sometimes, in the middle of the game, they suddenly stop working. Any idea why this happen? I am standing about one step behind the sensor as Ive heard should be correct. If it was easier to hit the lower ones it would be great as well (i almost have to bend down to reach them now). Adjusting height doesn't do much difference, since if I pick one taller than me, it gets to high and one lower gets to low.
So any help will be appreciated.
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

Mine are a bit iffy too. They sometimes register a down when I move up etc. Not a patch on the offical ones.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

I tried again, and this time they actually worked almost perfect. All I did was to move the sensor much further away from the tv. This stopped all the random lock-ups it had. Perhaps the tv disturbed the sensors or something.
Now I am certain though : Samba de Amigo is the best rythm based game Ive played!
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Amen.

But I will warn you. My friend and I bought a pair of official maracas and a pair of Cha Cha Amigo maracas. Apparently we fried the Cha Cha's for some reason, because they never worked again. This is a little stupid, and I'm sure you wouldn't do it, but just in case.

I'm assuming it was because we had too much crap plugged into the 'Cast.

We had both maracas on extension cords, port C had a DC to Psone/Saturn/PC Keyboard controller with a Psone extension cord and controller hooked to it, and controller port D had a lightgun or keyboard or mouse or something.

I still don't know quite what went wrong. They just quit working and never worked again. I'd just say be careful when there's other 3rd party things on your Dreamcast at the same time.

I have never had a problem with the official maracas though. They are very nice, and more than once I'll admit that I should've broken them...(stupid stuff like jumping into the air and doing a pose and bashing them together or getting way too into the game...)

I will admit that I had to resort ot controller method at certain parts of Challenge mode...

Don't forget about Samba V2k though. It's everything and more than the original is. Oh, and make sure you download a save file from Gamefaqs or something for all of the awesome extra music like Open Your Heart, It Doesn't Matter, Super Sonic Racing, Daytona Theme, NiGHTs Theme, etc.
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Thanks for the tip. I usually use extension cords for all controllers and all four controllers have mem-cards in them. Better be safe than sorry, so Ill plug out the controllers I don't use when using the maraccas.
Don't forget about Samba V2k though. It's everything and more than the original is. Oh, and make sure you download a save file from Gamefaqs or something for all of the awesome extra music like Open Your Heart, It Doesn't Matter, Super Sonic Racing, Daytona Theme, NiGHTs Theme, etc.
I got the savefile! Made me even more happy, so many good tunes. Will take a look at Samba V2k as well. Seems perfect.