Oblivion

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Oblivion

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Discussion of it has dropped off a bit lately.. How're you guys coming along in it?

I have a level 16 Redguard Warrior, and a Level 12 Wood Elf Archer/Assassin Vampire. I've beaten it with the Redguard like over a week ago, now I'm just going through the Fighter's Guild quests. Went through the Dark Brotherhood and Main quests on my vampire.

What are your favorite enemies? I love fighting the minotaurs.. They're so damn cool looking.

What are your ranks?

I have..

Order of the Dragon
Champion of Cyrodiil

Knights of the White Stallion
Knight Errant

Blades
Knight Brother

Arena
Grand Champion

Fighters Guild
Guardian
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I gave up on it three weeks ago.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Please don't tempt me with this game. I really want to buy Oblivion, but I'd need to get a new graphics card to be happy with it, and that's just too much of an investment for me to put in for just one game.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I started to burn out on Oblivion. I have never played a game so obsessively in my life. I still find myself going back to it, but I have a feeling that I'm probably going to stop playing it here in a week or two. I simply cannot give any game more than 80 hours of my attention at a time unless I take a break from it for at least one year.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

What is the color of the night?
Cyphix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cyphix »

I'm a Guildmaster of the theives guild, and a listener of the dark brotherhood. That was on my first game, i was on Lvl. 12 when i made my new one (Chose the Theif as the Class, and the Sign... big mistake :P)

Btw, you can download content to add armor to your horse ;o (On the 360 that is)
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

I've sunk about 42 hours into the game and I find myself unable to play for more than about 30 minutes at a time. Since completing the Dark Brotherhood quests I just can't get into the game anymore - the other factions, and main quest, just don't seem so appealing.

Not to mention that most misc. dungeons seem to be too much hassle for such little reward.

Also, for anyone playing on older or unsupported hardware, try this: http://www.oldblivion.com/ . Got it running on a Pentium IV Willamette with GeForce 3, baby 8-)
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

im in the fighters guild, i am level 6. For the first 5 hours i just walked the whole map killing things and going through some temples, then i joined the fighters guild. Im about 7 hours into the game, havnt even started the main quest yet.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

sixteen-bit wrote:I've sunk about 42 hours into the game and I find myself unable to play for more than about 30 minutes at a time. Since completing the Dark Brotherhood quests I just can't get into the game anymore - the other factions, and main quest, just don't seem so appealing.

Not to mention that most misc. dungeons seem to be too much hassle for such little reward.

Also, for anyone playing on older or unsupported hardware, try this: http://www.oldblivion.com/ . Got it running on a Pentium IV Willamette with GeForce 3, baby 8-)
The later stages of the main quest are AMAZING. The battles for Bruma and the Imperial City are such a blast. Imagine you and 50 other guards from all cities fighting hordes of Daedra flowing in from gates outside of Bruma, and you, Martin, Palace Guards, Imperial Legion Soldiers, and Blades members battling for the Imperial City as the Daedra run chaos through the streets, and Mehrunes Dagon comes down and starts trampling buildings.

Also, in later levels, the dungeon raiding is awesome. I can't remember the last time I went on a raid for the Fighter's Guild and didnt get an amazingly expensive/useful piece of armor. I have about 10 rings (all different enchantments from Lighting, feather, and water breathing), maybe 6 necklaces, and gloves, all ranging from 3,000g to 12,000g in worth. I have roughly a 550 encumberance limit, and I have trouble carrying all of the loot I've score. I had to buy two homes to store it in.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I plunked down $75 for the CE, played it for about four hours, and haven't touched it in over three weeks. Oh well.
Very sexy hero, omg
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Level 19 Imperial Assassin Vampire on the 360. Good stuff.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Fuck it, I gave it a try. Man is this game ever better than morrowind! I'm running on medium settings and it looks pretty good. I can't wait till I build my new pc now!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

for the 360 players, The Orrery download was just released and going for the low low cost of 150 points
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I tried oldblivion with my laptop. Surprisingly, it would work if my laptop had more ram, just like world of warcraft. O_O
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Well this sucks because I brought it back home in hopes of playing it on my box here only to remember I don't have a DVD drive on it!
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

to me the game sucked i might give it a second chance . my probs are the visuals and stuff the game feels too slow, i didnt get to far passed the jail i was just bored. ( its not a graphics prob cause the game perfect on my pc with everything maxed but its just the game it feels a little rushed i n areas. usually stuff like that don't bother me, but it has some with this. but i'll end up playing again maybe.

all i want is a 3rd star wars knights of the old republic :)
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Has anyone got Oblivion running on a celeron? If so, which, and how does it run?
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I highly doubt it would run in any playable sense on a celeron.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I'm sure a 3.* ghz Celeron D would run Oblivion.

Hell the required processor speed is a P4 2.0 ghz, I got it running on a 1.8 duron without using Oldblivion.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I don't know about Celeron Ds, but I know that most other Celerons, regardless of speed, have trouble running lesser games because of crappy cache.

Case in point, Morrowind. I have an Inspiron 1150 laptop and my friend has an Inspiron 600M. The only real difference between the machines is bulk and processor. Our laptops have the same video chipset and the same RAM. I have a 2.6 Ghz Celeron, he has a 1.8 Ghz Pentium M. Mine couldn't play Morrowind at any semblance of decency. His handled it okay (not spectacular, but okay).