Selling my Genesis, need input

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Selling my Genesis, need input

Post by StriderXg2 »

Ack, i guess this is where this goes..

I need to make some cash, so today im selling my Genesis complete with 14 games, mostly complete ones..
the list--

Sonic 3
Sonic 2
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2 -complete
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Desert Strike -complete
Sub Terrania -complete
Super Techmo Bowl -complete
College Football's national championship -complete
Double Dragon
Sonic and Knuckles
Tony Larussa Baseball -complete
NHL 95 -complete
Comix Zone

Also Genesis Model 2 complete with NFL 95, no cart in mine, but cables, manual, perfect working...

Friend of mine got 200 for it at Funcoland selling 8 of his games(Risk, Shaq Fu, Sonic2, etc..) and the system itself perfect working...now im ready to sell mine there too. How much you think i'll get Hopefully not 100 or 25 bucks..Im thinking 250 or so... :|
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

How many years ago did your mate sell it for $200? cant be recent surely.

I would say youll be lucky to get $60 maximum.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by StriderXg2 »

he sold his a few months ago..
Envy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Envy »

about $50 my friend sold his system for $10 and $5 for each game and thats canadian. 250 is way too much!
Envy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Envy »

oops double post.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by StriderXg2 »

yeah..it feels crazy for 200 or so.. im going to pick up a price list and see what they want at what time of the month. Maybe i'll post it here
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

dude your dreaming i bet you get like 20 to 25 especially cause funco is a store and they dont give to much money for that kinda shit.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

ERM.... Check how much they go for on Ebay....

200!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

In reality, it's worth maybe $35 for the lot. How much you get for it really does depend on where and when you sell it.

You are just joking with the whole $200 thing, right?!
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by StriderXg2 »

few things about this:

you can laugh all you want about it,no im not joking, i thought it was going for something like that as a package, in a bundle, yet all the while i was asking myself why the hell it would be that much and never believed it half way anyways. Im definitely not that stupid, or else i wouldnt have questioned it and blindly thought theyd give me a nice sum of money. :| I thought i might as well give it a shot and try to sell it for 50 or so, but its not worth it.

At Funco(didnt bother taking in the games and system :P ) i was looking for a/v and ac adapter cords for my Saturn,and they didnt have hardly anything left, just rf switches and hockey games for it. I guess i was stupid enough to think they still sold Saturn accesories and games for it there anymore, eh?

Ive been to at least 7 sites that list the a/v cables that sold for more than 10 dollars for sale to buy online. Anyone know where to find some at a humane price? I need an Ac outlet cord and a/v cables and at least a game or two..
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Your friend probably had a rare, or some rare games with his. Like if you had toe Jam and Earl, all the phantasy stars I bet you woudl get 200 bucks. But none of those games seem to be rare so Id say abouy 60 bucks. To be honest unless your REALLY hard up for cash Id just hang on to it. CAuse one day you will be sitting there wishing you had your genesis back.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I'd say 50 bucks max...
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

Dude keep your genesis, go down to that funcoland and buy a copy of streets of rage 2 if they have it. you won't be upset about keeping it then.
Lone Wolf
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lone Wolf »

Dude, DON'T sell your Genesis. I wish everyday I had never sold it. I had 15-20 games and I played it like every day... it is the greatest system I've ever owned (to be fair I never really gave much attention to my Super NES). I had Landstalker, MK2, Sonic 2-&Knuckles, Toejam and Earl, WWF Royal Rumble, Shining Force 1+2.... I even had Sega Channel for a period of time. There is no way you will get any fair amount of cash for what you will be giving up. Be smart and get yourself a copy of Gunstar Heros.
" To open a door thou must possess the key. "
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by StriderXg2 »

I think i will keep it. I feel inseperable from my other systems like Snes, NES, Saturn,N64, and PSX, i'll never sell those, including even now Genesis. Since i'd been collecting since late laste year i didnt spend much on the games, but now i see that i can really be enjoying them.
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

ill give ya $50 canadian for it all...seems ive lost my cables for my ol genesis so i cant hook it up to my tv anymore...and i so wanted to play phantasy star 4 again...