Dreamsnes on Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
psorules803
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamsnes on Dreamcast

Post by psorules803 »

Well, my friend said that if you switch between burnt cd's(in this case dreamsnes) , he said if you switch between real dc games, and dreamsnes, it could do some damage to the lens or something.
cause if this is true, than i want to make copys of my dc games and burn them, so i dont have to switch between burnt/non burnt.
Danny~
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

You can not copy your dreamcast games, it is illegal we will give you no help for that here. However, a burned DSNES disc should not put nearly as much stress on the DC's lasor, as it loads the game into it's virtual memory, as opposed to loading it every few seconds/minutes. A burned DC game will hurt your lasor more then a normal game, or a burned emulator.
impact135
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by impact135 »

cant talk about burnt commercial games here.