New Dreamcast game!?! Last Hope

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Dreamcast game!?! Last Hope

Post by Cid Highwind »

http://www.lasthope.ngdevteam.com/

Taken from their FAQ
F.A.Q last changed 2006-02-13

* For which platform are you releasing this game?

NEO GEO AES (NGH)

* What's the pricing?

The final price is not fixed yet.
Pricing depends heavily on production, number of copies and future ports.

AES: TBA

* How many copies will be created?

AES: limited release, not fixed yet.

* Is there a release date yet?

AES: Q1 2006

* When can I pre-order?

AES: official pre-order start will be announced when time is ready

* Is a MVS / NGCD / DC release planned?

No / Yes / Yes.

* Print items?

- Offset printed shock box size insert / maybe classic english snap case insert.
- Offset printed CD-booklet manual with baggy.
- Offset printed and factory cutted sticker.

* Casing?

- Snap case / Shockbox

* Does this game use the memorycard?

Game progress, options and score are saved.

* 1 or 2 players?

1 player

* Is difficulty adjustable?

Four different difficulties are available. Difficulty is considered rather high.

* Is this game 100% original?

Yes, all graphics were created new for this game. Artworks were created exclusivly,
while sound FX and music were licenced or newly created.

* Where's a video?

Here: download

* Where can I get a demo?

Currently, no demo is planned.

* Where to find a review?

Reviews are comming soon.

* Where to pre-order?

Email to sales@ngdevteam.com

* My question is not on this list.

Email to info@ngdevteam.com
Some screenshots
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

According to this FAQ Under Defeat will NOT be the final DC game after all :D
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Okay good
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

stop making scrolling shooters!!! I will still get it.. but come on we play other games as well
crabcakes
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

mink03 wrote:stop making scrolling shooters!!!
Yeah, enough scrolling, make fixed screen shooters!

Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

it's a homebrew btw so does that count as a 'release' in the same way as Under Defeat ?
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Well if it's homebrew, UD still stands as the final licensed DC game.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Imerion
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Imerion »

Looks sweet. Reminds a lot of R-Type, which is a good thing if you ask me.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Thats what I don't understand the only new games ever made for the DC are these crappy shooters. I guess its because shooters are probably the easiest games to make?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

though when u think of it dreamcast is the biggest, um...er.... only major platform for shooter fans. so might as well keep em all in one place as only a certain type of person likes this game and they will be pissed if they have to pick up diff platforms, so they probably wouldnt get it then

i myself am a SHUMP junky. though us in the states get screwed and only get a lot of shit in arcades.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Veggita2099 wrote:Thats what I don't understand the only new games ever made for the DC are these crappy shooters. I guess its because shooters are probably the easiest games to make?
Actually, the only new games ever made for the DC are incredibly great shooters. You just have no taste.

2D shooters aren't easy to make, but they are cheap to make, so small studios are able to produce them and small studios also happen to be the only ones willing to take a gamble on releasing a Dreamcast game these days.

Since Neo Geo CD games are already playable on the Dreamcast, I wonder if they're actually planning to release a real port of it on the Dreamcast or if it'll just be the regular Neo CD version with an emulator integrated, possibly in such a way that the player doesn't even notice?

...word is bondage...
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

Since Neo Geo CD games are already playable on the Dreamcast, I wonder if they're actually planning to release a real port of it on the Dreamcast or if it'll just be the regular Neo CD version with an emulator integrated, possibly in such a way that the player doesn't even notice?

well in that case lets get someone to port the entire neo cd library over for dc... i need all those great games..seriously!! :twisted:
crabcakes
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

I wish SNK would just take its entire library and port it over to the Xbox in one huge collection. :)
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

evanft wrote:I wish SNK would just take its entire library and port it over to the Xbox in one huge collection. :)
They are doing it one by one with some "popular" titles on PS2.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

That looks like an updated version of Layer Section/Galactic Attack from the Sega Saturn days.

Oh...and as for the remark about making some other types of games...I couldn't agree more! Something really cool like Rez or Cosmic Smash would be great. Hell...even Xbox360 has some simple games in their Live Arcade for download that might be something that could be done on the Dreamcast. Geometry Wars looks and plays great!!!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sweater Fish wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Thats what I don't understand the only new games ever made for the DC are these crappy shooters. I guess its because shooters are probably the easiest games to make?
Actually, the only new games ever made for the DC are incredibly great shooters. You just have no taste.
Considering the fact these are SMALL companies I think it is safe to say I am not the only person who "Has No Taste" as you put it. People get so defensive over this stuff, it amazes me. You say one thing about not likeing a dreamcast game and people are ready to bite your head off. But seriously be honest how popular do you think these new shooters for the Dreamcast would be if they was Playstation 2 exclusive games?? They would be in the $20 bins within 2 months. If these games was so wonderful and popular these companies would be making it big, but they are not.

Nobody can tell me a shooter is just as hard to make as in say games like the GTA series of games, Final Fantasy games, Resident Games etc etc. I mean sure they take time and effort, Im not saying they don't. The only real change in the Dreamcast shooters and the ones on the old Nintendo is the fancy backgrounds and improved graphics.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

You probably are wrong. I assume it's exactly as hard to make as a GTA game, but also with a smaller budget.

If it's not your taste fine. Play something else. It's not like you are forced to buy it :roll:
Insane homebrew collector.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Veggita2099 wrote:Considering the fact these are SMALL companies I think it is safe to say I am not the only person who "Has No Taste" as you put it. People get so defensive over this stuff, it amazes me. You say one thing about not likeing a dreamcast game and people are ready to bite your head off. But seriously be honest how popular do you think these new shooters for the Dreamcast would be if they was Playstation 2 exclusive games?? They would be in the $20 bins within 2 months. If these games was so wonderful and popular these companies would be making it big, but they are not.
Yes, you're right, it's definitely safe to say that you're not the only person who has no taste. See, you're making a logical mistake: conflating excellence with popularity. Do you honestly think that good, interesting or well made games will always be popular and successful? It's quite common that things of quality (whether games or movies or music or ideas or just about anything else) are commercial failures in our society.
Nobody can tell me a shooter is just as hard to make as in say games like the GTA series of games, Final Fantasy games, Resident Games etc etc. I mean sure they take time and effort, Im not saying they don't. The only real change in the Dreamcast shooters and the ones on the old Nintendo is the fancy backgrounds and improved graphics.
If you think that modern shooters are the same as old 8-bit shooters, you have absoultely no idea what you're talking about. Companies like Cave, Psikyo and Treasure totally reinvented the shooter genre in the mid-'90s so that modern shooters actually play very little like earlier shooters even though they may look similar on the surface.

This shooter we're talking about here, Last Hope, actually looks more like an old school shooter, though, to be honest. Besides, this is a homebrew game anyway and there's plenty of variety among homebrew games on the DC, so I really don't understand where the complaints are coming from.

...word is bondage...
UndeadDC
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by UndeadDC »

Veggita2099 wrote: The only real change in the Dreamcast shooters and the ones on the old Nintendo is the fancy backgrounds and improved graphics.
:lol:

The Last Hope game does look cool though. I just hope they're not going to try and rape us on the price the way they're doing to the NeoGeo people.