Help Dream SNES

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
stark
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help Dream SNES

Post by stark »

I need advice...
I am trying to burn a non self-bootable DreamSNES 0.96 with roms but can't make it work. I followed the Mac tutorial but there must be something I did wrong. I downloaded the Plain Files, unzipped it, put the roms into the Roms folder, dragged everything into Toast window, selected ISO 9660, changed the settings the way the tutorial told to and burned it.
Then, using the Utopia Boot CD, I tried to read it on my Dreamcast but the deer kept turning and no DreamSNES screen appeared.
Should I do something else ? Use one of MacPack utilities ? I am kind of a newbie but already burned self-booting emulators (with roms on another disc) with no major problem.
Anyone has a clue ? Please... :cry:
Toa
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Toa »

Hello Stark
the first advice is to burn Dreamsnes 9.6 self-bootable and make a second cd with roms (more than 50 will be very very long to load) , make sure u also burn a mp3 directory (it must be burned for loading roms)
/cd roms
/ROMS
/MP3
if you want to make it non-bootable, i think u should do as you say but verif that "prefer disc-at-once" is UNCHEKED in Toast's preference.
Normaly it'll work (and u'll very happy to play snes's games 100% -in mono-),
if it doesn't work mail me
see u
Toa87
Barnolde
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Barnolde »

Isn't there that tutorial dude322mg wrote a while ago, did you try that?
AIM: Barnolde
XBL: Barnolde
stark
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by stark »

Thanks but...
I think I actually tried everything but couldn't burn the (non self-bootable) emu and the roms on one single CD. I gave up and burned them on seperate discs. This way, it works.
Too bad : my idea was to get most of the emus you can find and burn them all without filling my closet with CDs. I guess it will have to be one for the emu and one for the games each time... But I will do it anyway : doesn't the idea of having kind of the whole history of videogames (let's say from Pong to Shenmue, with Pac Man, Space Invaders, Q-Bert, Double Dragon, Mario, Zelda, Gauntlet or Out Run as guest stars) playable on Dreamcast sound great ?