I Know I Shouldn't Feel This Way

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JuddWack »

I do feel bad for the people who got displaced, and I definately understand where they are coming from. However, all aid has its limits -- and although my first post was undoubtly harsh -- and disrupting the way of life for many more people is wrong. Every area has its risks, and if the people weren't going to get out, then they should have at least had an emergency plan.
I'm sure I said some harsh things to you.
Hope there's no hard feelings.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Nick wrote:@ |darc| : Please let me know what the importance of the city was, since I obviously don't live there, nor have I visited.
As it's near the end of the Mississippi river, it is critical for shipping goods. It is a point of access to the gulf coast's oil industry. It is one of the largest culturally important places in the world, with large French, Spanish, and African influences. Genres of music were born from or were greatly influenced by the people of New Orleans--jazz, blues, rap, rock 'n' roll, zydeco, and cajun. New Orleans is known for its great culinary spots. There's also Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Southern Decadence, and more. New Orleans is known as the party capital of the world. It goes on and on. Just walking through the streets invigorates me and fills me with spirit, there is music playing everywhere and people of all kinds. I couldn't live in any other city, and being away from it for so long or even thinking that it might not exist anymore just makes me feel so empty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New%20Orleans,%20Louisiana
It's thinking...
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

JuddWack wrote:
I do feel bad for the people who got displaced, and I definately understand where they are coming from. However, all aid has its limits -- and although my first post was undoubtly harsh -- and disrupting the way of life for many more people is wrong. Every area has its risks, and if the people weren't going to get out, then they should have at least had an emergency plan.
I'm sure I said some harsh things to you.
Hope there's no hard feelings.
No hard feelings, I was a bit harsh in my first post to begin with.

|darc| wrote:
Nick wrote:@ |darc| : Please let me know what the importance of the city was, since I obviously don't live there, nor have I visited.
As it's near the end of the Mississippi river, it is critical for shipping goods. It is a point of access to the gulf coast's oil industry. It is one of the largest culturally important places in the world, with large French, Spanish, and African influences. Genres of music were born from or were greatly influenced by the people of New Orleans--jazz, blues, rap, rock 'n' roll, zydeco, and cajun. New Orleans is known for its great culinary spots. There's also Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Southern Decadence, and more. New Orleans is known as the party capital of the world. It goes on and on. Just walking through the streets invigorates me and fills me with spirit, there is music playing everywhere and people of all kinds. I couldn't live in any other city, and being away from it for so long or even thinking that it might not exist anymore just makes me feel so empty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New%20Orleans,%20Louisiana
Sounds interesting, but I can only hope that those who feel the same way -- if they are allowed to rebuild -- devise a solution in which to avoid such complete destruction.
Very sexy hero, omg