Anemones fight their own war on terror

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anemones fight their own war on terror

Post by Roofus »

When the tide is out, sea anemones sit quiet and still. It's a totally different scene once the tide rolls back in, as neighboring colonies of polyps wage all-out war. Each colony is an "army," with the troops divided up into scout, warrior, and reproductive rankings, new research shows. Large colonies of the sea anemone Anthopleura elegantissima claim turf on tidal boulders, which they vehemently defend. As the tide starts to cover the colonies, "scouts" move to the border and look for empty space to claim. The "warrior" anemones ? which are larger and well-armed with stinging cells ? provide backup by inflating their arms and slapping at enemies, sometimes from four rows back off the front lines. Meanwhile, in the center of the colony, poorly armed anemones concentrate on reproduction, making sure there are enough "troops" to maintain the colony.

Link
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Why don't our armies have reproductive ranks?
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

i suppose in a way they do, in a real war (of annihilation) women would stay at home, very un PC but true, the stress of war (impending death) makes everyone go at it like rabbits given half the chance...
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Why don't our armies have reproductive ranks?
Total bias of sexual harassment laws towards female soldiers and rampant diesel dikes. You ever seen Army women? I consider myself damn lucky; only two in my company and they're both good looking and married, a true blessing.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.