General: Army planning for 4 more years in Iraq

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

General: Army planning for 4 more years in Iraq

Post by jaredfogle »

The U.S. Army is making plans to keep the current number of soldiers in Iraq -- more than 100,000 -- for four more years, the Army's top general said Saturday. Gen. Peter Schoomaker, interviewed by The Associated Press, said the Army is prepared for the "worst case" in terms of troop numbers. His comments come amid indications from administration officials and from commanders in Iraq that the size of the U.S. force could be scaled back next year.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/ ... index.html
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Go us!
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

We still have 50,000 troops in Germany they have been there since WW2 I doubt we will ever totally leave iraq.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

SuperMegatron wrote:We still have 50,000 troops in Germany they have been there since WW2 I doubt we will ever totally leave iraq.
Must be pretty old guys now.
It's thinking...
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

|darc| wrote:
SuperMegatron wrote:We still have 50,000 troops in Germany they have been there since WW2 I doubt we will ever totally leave iraq.
:guffaw:
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

He-He. War.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

He-He. Language.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Sad. I see no end in sight for this war, and I'm glad that I was discharged cause as much as I love fighting for my country, it's a never ending battle. I was against the us invading iraq, and am more worried about the North Korean? South Korean? Dictator.

/me hopes that they don't call me back to active duty, but since I had a dishonorable discharge I should be okay, right?
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Smiley wrote:Sad. I see no end in sight for this war, and I'm glad that I was discharged cause as much as I love fighting for my country, it's a never ending battle. I was against the us invading iraq, and am more worried about the North Korean? South Korean? Dictator.

/me hopes that they don't call me back to active duty, but since I had a dishonorable discharge I should be okay, right?
Why were you discharged?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Smiley wrote:Sad. I see no end in sight for this war, and I'm glad that I was discharged cause as much as I love fighting for my country, it's a never ending battle. I was against the us invading iraq, and am more worried about the North Korean? South Korean? Dictator.

They don't let 15 year olds in the military.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:

Why were you discharged?
It was over his CO's woman :twisted:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

he discharged over his CO's woman ?
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

but since I had a dishonorable discharge I should be okay, right?
How did you get a dishonorable discharge? :o
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

yeah, come on, spill the beans.....
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

mikozero wrote:
|darc| wrote:
:guffaw:
:guffaw: . It's true. Troops are there since WW2, but of course, are not those old guys ;-)

The opinion here it's that the troops are in Iraq just for interest. Iraq's oil it's just a sweet for the big guys. Sadam it's a bad guy but it's actually arrested. The chaos in Iraq it's total since it was invaded, nobody in that country want foreign troops... There are terrorist attacks almost every day and seem that are not going to stop till the troops leave that country.

Anyway i'm not a politic but there are some countries that are worse than Iraq but with no oil. I.e, North Korea , probed to have all those mass destruction weapons that Iraq hadn't (neither does the US, of course :lol: ) and in the hands of guys that have their own people even more opressed and in concentration camps like if they still were in the WW2. I saw a video-documental of a guy that escaped from the country and was really depressive

Here spanish politics said also yes to the war (against the opinion of more of the 92% the people). Then the train bombs happened in Madrid with those 200 hundred dead, most of us think that's a consecuence of the war. The old government lost the elections for taking part in a war that we didn't undestand.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Roofus wrote:
I was in Basic Training, so I wasn't really in the army per-se, and I was discharged for several reasons: I was on the rifle range, clmibing down into a foxhole, when my ds came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. So, I turn around, rifle still in hand pointed down range, and he thought that I was gonna shoot him. The ds even claimed that I had this big old grin on my face as I pointed the rifle at him, but he was exaggerating.

After that, they send me to see the army shrink, who was crazy herself, and they diagnosed me with manac(prolly spelled wrong) depression, and wanted to recycle me. Well, I was in no hurry to do all that crap again (having been close to graduating) so I opted to go home, and they were more than happy to oblige. While I was upset that I didn't complete bt, the army just wasn't for me. I saw the army as a way to guide me in life to a profession that I'd enjoy, seeing as prior to joining I had no direction. But I hated my potential army job: a 92 Gulf. On my discharge papers, they list it as being a failure to adapt to milatary life.

Scoff and joke all you guys want, but I actually enjoyed my time there. I did some fun things, but the N.B.C chamber filled with CS, had to be the toughest crap I've ever been through.They send you in there in groups of about eight soldiers, line you up on opposite sides of the wall. Ask you to remove your kevlar, and last a certain amount of time before they throw your ass out the door. To make matter worse, they had cameras videotaping us as we left, snot running down your nose and covered in tears from the gas. And I had to go through that damn chamber twice: once with mask, and the second time without. All I cause I got disoriented and lost my weapon while in there.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Scoff and joke all you guys want, but I actually enjoyed my time there. I did some fun things, but the N.B.C chamber filled with CS, had to be the toughest crap I've ever been through.They send you in there in groups of about eight soldiers, line you up on opposite sides of the wall. Ask you to remove your kevlar, and last a certain amount of time before they throw your ass out the door. To make matter worse, they had cameras videotaping us as we left, snot running down your nose and covered in tears from the gas. And I had to go through that damn chamber twice: once with mask, and the second time without. All I cause I got disoriented and lost my weapon while in there.

What are you talking about? The gas chamber's a blast! If nothing else, it reminds you how important good maintenance of your gear is.

What was a 92 gold when you went in? They've changed all the MOS's around, I was a 31S when I joined, now I'm a 25S with a few cool identifiers.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

fatheadpi wrote:

What are you talking about? The gas chamber's a blast! If nothing else, it reminds you how important good maintenance of your gear is.

What was a 92 gold when you went in? They've changed all the MOS's around, I was a 31S when I joined, now I'm a 25S with a few cool identifiers.
I got discharged about two years ago, and when I was in there, a 92 GULF was a damn cook. I didn't study as much as I should have before I took the ASVAB, and at the time didn't care; I just wanted in the army.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I got discharged about two years ago, and when I was in there, a 92 GULF was a damn cook.
Nothin' wrong with being a cook, somebody's got to make breakfast 7 days a week. Some guys are total pricks about their jobs, but most guys are pretty cool. Gotta work deals, like say a plate of biscuits and gravy for a phone call or some net access.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Roofus wrote:
mikozero wrote:yeah, come on, spill the beans.....
Thatd make a second dishonorable discharge :lol:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers