Paypal Question

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paypal Question

Post by Tall Israeli »

Lets say you transfer $50 to paypal, but you only have $20 in your account. Will they just charge you a fee, or will it cancel out?
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

They'll most likely give you the 50 because it's coming from a bank account, but at that point your bank will probably charge you an overdraft fee which is like 25 bucks. Thats not worth it. If I were you, if its not too late, don't do it and wait until you have the 50 bucks in your account to xfer.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Or Paypal will attempt to withdraw 50 times in an hour, and the bank with hit you with about $400 in NSF fees.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Yeah that happened to me once and I got nailed with a $40 overdraft fee, plus the balance in my account was all gone too despite the paypal order being cancelled. :evil:
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I hate overdraft fees with a passion. I mean, come on! How the hell does it cost my bank $30 per overdraft? Did some guy behind a computer have to click his mouse one extra time? I could understand a few bucks. But getting hit with $30x3 really makes a bad situation an impossible situation. Then you're forced to borrow money from someone. Makes me wanna just keep all my money under my mattress. Except that having a debit card to make online payments is so important to me now.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Get an arranged overdraft set on your account...they barely charge you anything then :)
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:I hate overdraft fees with a passion. I mean, come on! How the hell does it cost my bank $30 per overdraft? Did some guy behind a computer have to click his mouse one extra time? I could understand a few bucks. But getting hit with $30x3 really makes a bad situation an impossible situation. Then you're forced to borrow money from someone. Makes me wanna just keep all my money under my mattress. Except that having a debit card to make online payments is so important to me now.
Not everyone pays them. That's why.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I dont see the problem wtih overdraft fees. Youre spending money that isnt yours, without even bothering to ask if you could.

Luckily as a student my bank handed me a 1,000 pound overdraft completely interest and fee free. And I get 250 extra for each year of my course. Not bad.

Also, it depends on your bank but quite a few in the UK will let you go overdrawn a couple of times without fees, as long as it gets paid off quite soon and youre not overdrawn by too much.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I know I suck and can't budget my finances.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DCFan2004 »

My bank just changed its policy on overdrafts, so now I have 5 days to replace any money if I overdraft before they charge me.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Banks charge so much for overdraft fees to keep you from overdrafting. It's how they make their money. the way I see it...overdraft fees are penalties...not actually fees. You're not paying for a service. You're paying for doing something you weren't supposed to do...much like speeding and then having to pay the ticket. About a year ago I had a credit card with my bank, and at the time I was having financial issues. Any time I overdrafted my account, the amount would be put on my credit card and I wouldn't be charged the overdraft fee. Of course...I still had to pay the interest on the credit card...but that was a whole lot less than the NSF charge.