IPOD Owners...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IPOD Owners...

Post by XPoGoX »

Any of you guys hook up your ipod to your car stereo?. I read you can go through aux if you stereo has it.
How do you guys do it?.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

I just use a cassette adapter plugged into the headphone port of my iPod mini and adjust the volume on both it and the car stereo until I get the sound I want.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

its kind of complicated. it mainly depends on the type of aux input thats on your stereo. if is just standard RCA, simply get an RCA<->1/8" converter and hook 'er up. but if youve got an odd aux-in such as the I-bus, your most likely gonna have to go out and buy a special converter which will allow you to use any standard audio source into the aux-in.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

My brother's headunit (AIWA something) has a headphone jack style input on the front so you can plug stuff like that into it easily.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Xylene wrote:My brother's headunit (AIWA something) has a headphone jack style input on the front so you can plug stuff like that into it easily.
When I went stereo shopping I specifically went looking for one like that...and bought it. You just can't knock the convenience of being able to plug in a MD player, iPod, laptop, or whatever else conveniently into the front of your stereo.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Many decks allow you to hook up aux into the cd changer port in the back. I know for Pioneer decks, it's a IP-BUS to RCA cable. Otherwise, there are always FM transmitters.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Id go with the FM modulators too. Easiest to do anyway.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

The best was is an aux-in. That gives you the best quality. Failing that, an FM transmitter will do, but gets staticy often.
It's thinking...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Ender wrote:
Xylene wrote:My brother's headunit (AIWA something) has a headphone jack style input on the front so you can plug stuff like that into it easily.
When I went stereo shopping I specifically went looking for one like that...and bought it. You just can't knock the convenience of being able to plug in a MD player, iPod, laptop, or whatever else conveniently into the front of your stereo.
Yep, I got a Aiwa with the front input for my car as well. Well worth the $65. I also have a piece of metal attached to the dash where my dock sits. So I just drop the iPod into the dock and go.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

AUX... and if you don't give a care about sound quality, then fm. But if you're any sort of audio buff you'll end up switching to aux in or something like that down the road.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

I have th aux input....does ipod come with the cable to hook it up?.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

as i said above, it depends on the aux-input. if its just standard 1/8", your good to go. if its standard RCA, buy or make yourself a cheap RCA>1/8" adatper. but if its a more oddball adapter such as the I-bus, you need to buy yourself a converter which will usually give you an RCA hookup to work with.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

Hah...totally missed your first post...thanks for all the info...guys.