New Zelda details pre-E3 leak

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New Zelda details pre-E3 leak

Post by Nyarlathotep »

source
Apparently, one of the editors of this magazine went to Japan and actually got to play the game. There were three different demos, which should be shown at this year's E3.

As you can see, the scans show both old and new screens. Most notable are the new screens showing Link outside of his usual green tunic. His appearance (face, body) in those screens seems to be a bit different as well. Why this is, we're not sure.

Thanks to Gessle of the Gaming Age forums and Xander of the IGN boards, who translated the scans, we can bring you some new details regarding the game.

-At the game's start, Link is 16 years old. As time goes on, Link will grow older in the game.

-The village shots you see where Link is dressed differently are from the game's first village, called Toaru Village. It's kind of like how Kokiri Forest was the initial starting village in Ocarina of Time.

-The pictures that we've seen of Link fighting enemies while on his horse have been shown for a reason - horse combat plays a big role in the new Zelda.

-The game's controls are similar to OoT and Wind Waker - Z-targeting is back, using the L trigger on the GameCube. Jumping will once again be automatic.

-The game is reportedly 2 to 3 times bigger/longer than Ocarina of Time! According to the magazine, up to 70 hours of gameplay is possible.

-According to Eiji Aonuma, "Making the water trasparent in this new Zelda as opossed to Wind Waker will allow us to give a realistic and more beautiful feel to the game and also open the game to a new subaquactic world."

-Aonuma also said that went for a more Shonen Manga style as opposed to a Square Enix CG-type look.

-And last but not least, cuccos are back. :-p

Details from the three demos the article's writer played:

Demo #1: Toaru Village will indeed be the first area in the game. You'll start off going through some tutorial-like activities, which will help players new to Zelda but should still be fun to Zelda veterans.

Demo #2: This takes place in a ranch. The writer was on a horse and had to guide all the cows into a stall within a certain time limit - supposedly lots of fun.

Demo #3: According to the article writer, this is the most impressive demo. While on horseback, Link had to fight an armored enemy who was on an armored boar, along with his minions, on a huge battlefield. He had a sword and a bow to do this with, though the bow now seems to have a limited range. This is when he asked Aonuma about the game's size, with Aonuma replying that the game would be 2 to 3 times bigger than Ocarina of Time and that they're trying to make it last up to 70 hours.

Also in this demo is a battle that takes place on a bridge in which Link has to take part in a sort of joust (with a sword, not a spear) while on his horse.
Some of the screenies look a lot like Fable o_O
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I still miss the cel shaded Link. :cry:

I definately won't miss the sailing part, though. But the artstyle was wonderful.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Zelda games I own: 4
Zelda games I've beaten: 0

I put hours and hours into them, and quit halfway. Hopefully this one can keep me on the hook, because it looks great.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Zelda Games I own: 10
Zelda Games I've Beaten: 9

That stupid Legend of Zelda on Nes, not the snes bs version, is gay as hell. Cant ever beat it.

Game looks cool.
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

omg, zelda on nes was so easy. it was the first zelda i beat.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

It's Zelda.. I'll love it. I will miss cel shading though, that was so much fun.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I like Zelda a lot. This game may be one I actually look forward to months in advance. Can't say that's hapenned for awhile...just not the same I guess.
Very sexy hero, omg
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

3-4 time the size of OoT. Wow....just wow. Only thing is this game is coming out at a bad time of the year for me; November is a time of the year when I don't have much free time.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

1st one is and always will be the bet. beat it on NES,DC, workin on GC. A complete classic, and the most challenging one. Seems they are getting easier as they go along.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Cel shading was definitely awesome in WW but I couldn't compell myself to play through the whole game. It's a fucking shame because while I spent 90% of my time admiring the graphics, the coolest part of the game was back in hyrule... but after that, it just kept dragging on. Far, far, FAR too easy of a game.

OoT and MM kicked my ass. I hope this Zelda lives up to the name! Maybe one day we'll have something on par to The Legend of Zelda Links A Link to the Past!!! *drooooools like a nerd*
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

what the hell. I remember the cell shaded zelda came out everyone was complaining zelda didn't look real enough now they ditch that and everyone complains its not cell shaded.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

i have always said the cel shading was awesome, and i still stand by it. however that does not lead me to bitch about realistic graphics.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the only Zelda game I ever finished.

It's still my favorite of the series.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Played all of them (the CDi ones at Sears), didn't beat Majora's Mask (owner wanted it back) or Wand of Gamelon (it was switched out for some racing game before I got to play it much). Le sigh... Yeah, Link to the Past is fucking awesome... but the twin Oracle games owned. I'm glad I owned them both, beat them back to back and terminated Ganon. Epic. Thank you, Capcom.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

i owned the cdi and the zelda game on it...even when i was as young as i was, i still knew the game sucked. Link to the past is the best in the series imo. Im really lookin forward to this new one!.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

I really enjoyed, Zelda: Links Awakening on the original Gameboy, thought it was a marvalous game. :)
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

FETUS wrote:what the hell. I remember the cell shaded zelda came out everyone was complaining zelda didn't look real enough now they ditch that and everyone complains its not cell shaded.
It's not that I'm complaining that the new one isn't cel shaded, it's just that it's a pretty strong bet that Wind Waker will be the only cel shaded Zelda ever created. I hope they make another Zelda game with the art style, but there is a good chance that they won't.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

DuffMan wrote:I really enjoyed, Zelda: Links Awakening on the original Gameboy, thought it was a marvalous game. :)
The DX version has an extra dungeon.... based on the Zelda 1 underworlds, with an improved version of their theme.
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

melancholy wrote:it's a pretty strong bet that Wind Waker will be the only cel shaded Zelda ever created.
I think that there will not be another console Zelda that is cell shaded, but if the DS is capable of cell shading, (and since the PS was I assume so) it's possible that a DS Zelda might end up being cell shaded.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

OldSkoolGamer wrote:
melancholy wrote:it's a pretty strong bet that Wind Waker will be the only cel shaded Zelda ever created.
I think that there will not be another console Zelda that is cell shaded, but if the DS is capable of cell shading, (and since the PS was I assume so) it's possible that a DS Zelda might end up being cell shaded.
True, that remains a high possibility.