GenPlusv.3

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
soogazzi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GenPlusv.3

Post by soogazzi »

I have been searching for a good Genesis emulator and through my searches I have seen that you guys like the GenPlusv.3. My question is this - I have followed the link and I have two choices:
1. Plain Files - I d/l this and it looks like the same types of files I have had for the other emulators that I have done, but is this version 3? From reading the read me files, I'm lead to believe that they are version 2.
2. Self Boot Inducer - I d/l this and it basically has two files - Genplus.bin and Genplus.dxl. It also has a folder for games and has the same GenPlus folder as the plain files.

This is what confuses me. The second item has no 1st_read.bin or ip.bin. I like to just use selfboot.exe to make a discjuggler image but usually I have those .bin files. Could someone please tell me what I have to do to make sure that I get version 3 and can put my roms in it?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

The SBI file is for use with Selfboot Inducer. There is tutorial here (please excuse the mess, we're changing things around on that site).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

preview 2 wasn't even released, iirc.

the genplus v3 we all refer to is preview 3 of version 2. in other words, all of these version numbers are completely ridiculous but if something is actually in circulation then it's probably the right thing.
soogazzi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by soogazzi »

Thanks guys. So I will use the plain files anf use selfboot.exe to make a discjuggler image and then burn it with alchohol 120%. Thanks again!
evanft
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by evanft »

Can someone show me where to find the latest version of GenPlus??
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

http://www.sbiffy.com You'll want preview 3.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

How is the speed and sound of that emu?