Now THIS is Iraqi resistance!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Now THIS is Iraqi resistance!

Post by Stormwatch »

To the shmucks who call "resistance" those murderous scoundrels, this will come as a surprise...

---------------------------

Baghdad Shopkeepers Kill Three Militants

By TRACI CARL, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Shopkeepers and residents on one of Baghdad's main streets pulled out their own guns Tuesday and killed three insurgents when hooded men began shooting at passers-by, giving a rare victory to civilians increasingly frustrated by the violence bleeding Iraq.

The clash in the capital's southern Doura neighborhood erupted when militants in three cars sprayed bullets at shoppers. Three people ? a man, a woman and a child ? were wounded.

The motive was unclear, but there have been previous attacks in the ethnically mixed neighborhood. Earlier in the day, gunmen in the same quarter killed a policeman as he drove to work, police Lt. Col. Hafidh Al-Ghrayri said.

A forceful citizen response is rare, but not unheard of in a country where conflict has become commonplace and the law allows each home to have a weapon. Early this month, police said townsmen in Wihda, 25 miles south of Baghdad, attacked a group of militants believed planning to raid the town and killed seven.

---------------------------

Excellent job, citizens! :D
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Go shopkeepers and residents!!!
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

well this is clearly a plot by president bush to make things seem like everything is going great there. in fact it is really a hell hole with more people dieing over there everyday than the population of a small country. in fact this fiasco only proves how much bush has screwed up, we should have never been in there to begin with, the inspections were working and people were better under sadam, who was infact not a murderous dictator who killed innocent people, he was just a misguided man who is trying to run his country peacefully.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

:spinlaugh:
. . whispered
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Who cares? People are already killing others without just cause, it's referred to as chaos. What do you expect, ordered chaos?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Covar wrote:well this is clearly a plot by president bush to make things seem like everything is going great there. in fact it is really a hell hole with more people dieing over there everyday than the population of a small country. in fact this fiasco only proves how much bush has screwed up, we should have never been in there to begin with, the inspections were working and people were better under sadam, who was infact not a murderous dictator who killed innocent people, he was just a misguided man who is trying to run his country peacefully.

BUSH STAGED IT!!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Skater: Those guys are terrorists... if THAT is not a just cause to kill them, WHAT could ever be? :?
. . whispered
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Covar wrote:well this is clearly a plot by president bush to make things seem like everything is going great there. in fact it is really a hell hole with more people dieing over there everyday than the population of a small country. in fact this fiasco only proves how much bush has screwed up, we should have never been in there to begin with, the inspections were working and people were better under sadam, who was infact not a murderous dictator who killed innocent people, he was just a misguided man who is trying to run his country peacefully.
What delusional world are you living in? In the '80s Saddam committed an act of genocide against the Kurds by using chemical weapons to kill thousands of them. In the '90s he forcefully invaded Kuwait breaking a treaty and causing 43 countries to come against Iraq to protect Kuwait. Prior to the recent US invasion of Iraq he had been shooting at planes patrolling the no fly zone almost daily. Mind telling me why a man like this would deserve to have any kind of power?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Butters wrote:
What delusional world are you living in? In the '80s Saddam committed an act of genocide against the Kurds by using chemical weapons to kill thousands of them. In the '90s he forcefully invaded Kuwait breaking a treaty and causing 43 countries to come against Iraq to protect Kuwait. Prior to the recent US invasion of Iraq he had been shooting at planes patrolling the no fly zone almost daily. Mind telling me why a man like this would deserve to have any kind of power?
I believe that was a sarcastic jab at those of us on the left(ie 'correct') side of the political fence. We're the ones who said "Yeah, Saddam is a terrible man, but it's not a good idea for us to go in there now." I personally feel that we were right. Yes, these people can vote now, but that's the only good news I've ever heard come out of there. The rest is just body counts.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

So you see, when freedom fighters kill people it's perfectly acceptable if not heroic, unlike those nasty terrorists.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

OneThirty8 wrote:I believe that was a sarcastic jab at those of us on the left(ie 'incorrect') side of the political fence. We're the ones who said "Yeah, Saddam is a terrible man, but it's not a good idea for us to go in there now."
138 got it. :lol: sorry to lead you on butters, i just felt like being satirical.

and you can take the opposite of my statement, and thats pretty much how i feel.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Ex-Cyber wrote:So you see, when freedom fighters kill people it's perfectly acceptable if not heroic, unlike those nasty terrorists.
So instead of killing the terrorist that was killing his people he should have done nothing.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Butters wrote:
I believe that was a sarcastic jab at those of us on the left(ie 'correct') side of the political fence. We're the ones who said "Yeah, Saddam is a terrible man, but it's not a good idea for us to go in there now." I personally feel that we were right. Yes, these people can vote now, but that's the only good news I've ever heard come out of there. The rest is just body counts.
The way I see it, our economy is in a recession and one of the best ways to pull out of a recession is for the government to spend money. I'm not saying war was the best choice to spend money on, but all that government spending creates jobs. At least we managed to remove a tyrant from power.

BTW, weren't we supposed to pull out of Iraq after they took over the country again?
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Butters wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
Butters wrote:
The way I see it, our economy is in a recession and one of the best ways to pull out of a recession is for the government to spend money. I'm not saying war was the best choice to spend money on, but all that government spending creates jobs. At least we managed to remove a tyrant from power.

BTW, weren't we supposed to pull out of Iraq after they took over the country again?
They arn't in a recession though, their economy is booming. :wink:
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

So instead of killing the terrorist that was killing his people he should have done nothing.
No, the citizens should fight people who are terrorizing them (and to draw a dichotomy between "do nothing" and "kill people" is a little wrongheaded). Mostly I just don't think we need to be sitting over here cheering when the body count goes up.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
No, the citizens should fight people who are terrorizing them (and to draw a dichotomy between "do nothing" and "kill people" is a little wrongheaded). Mostly I just don't think we need to be sitting over here cheering when the body count goes up.
Yup, thats right, let yourself be killed, don't fight back, give up.

I love your logic.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Yup, thats right, let yourself be killed, don't fight back, give up.

I love your logic.
I'm curious to know who you intend to address with that comment, since I wrote nothing of the sort.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

because everyone in the country has the exact same opinion. :roll:
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

hearld500 wrote:
Butters wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
Butters wrote:

They arn't in a recession though, their economy is booming. :wink:
I was talking about the U.S. economy.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Dammit Butters! Did you really have to include that huge quoting of five posts, as tall as a full screen, to give a fzckin' one-line answer to a fzckin' one-line question?! :?
. . whispered