Continuing the DCEmu curse: My dad's story.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Continuing the DCEmu curse: My dad's story.

Post by Luriden »

I thought it was eerie how so many people on DCEmu parents with major health problems (and losing some parents over it). Well, it's my turn. I got the curse.

My dad has had pains in his side for weeks, and has been to scared to check it out. He hardly eats anymore because food, especially gassy foods, give him more pains.

Today, he gets a call from his boss saying he needs dad to pick him up. My dad comes home and freaks out, grabs his work laptop and runs out the door. We then receive a call an hour later from the boss saying that he still hasn't arrived. Soon after that call, we get a call from the ER saying my dad checked himself in.

No word yet on his condition. I'm wondering wtf is wrong though. What could be in his left side that could make him hurt so badly? I'm thinking gallbladder or something. I'm worried. I don't expect this to be fatal, but I get nervous whenever surgery is involved with a family member.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Damn man. That sucks to hear. Er, read.

I guess I'm lucky in that no one real close to me has ever been like that. Having said that, apparently my grandfather is getting close to death as we speak though. :o
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

maybe it's something with his kidney? sorry to hear that.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Man sorry to hear about that, I am sure everything will be fine though.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

He finally called us. He said that he's going to have to be there for several days at least. Apparently I heard wrong, he did pick up his boss but my dad started keeling over and sweating while driving so his boss made him go to the ER. He has an extremely high fever. He got a CAT scan and he has a big cloud around his kidney. He was also losing his voice at the time, he said he had to go because he couldn't keep consciousness. They will be taking more x-rays tomorrow on it, they have no idea what it could be.

I don't think I'm prepared for what's coming, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about those results. I'm thinking cancer....... :cry:
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Try to be optimistic Luriden, perhaps if it is (hopefully not) it might be early signs of it so he will have a better chance?
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Yeah, if its early they'll catch it. Someone I know had leukemia, and was cured in 6 months.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

My mom's had cancer twice. Overcome it both times. Best of luck.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Wow. I was thinking gall bladder when I read your first post, but it sounds like that's not it. I hope he's OK. It couldn't be something as simple as kidney stones? Those hurt like hell, but usually they can get rid of them quickly, and just make you change your diet depending on what they think caused the stones.
Jaded JAaron77
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Jaded JAaron77 »

man... sorry to hear that. Hope all turns out well. Best of luck.

...well I was thinking about posting here more often...
this is my signature
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

My mom just got back from the hospital, she was there all day with him.

That big cloud around his kidney was blood, he has a growth on his kidney and it's bleeding a lot. They managed to stop the bleeding temporarily. They are going to do surgery on him on monday. They say it's going to be a serious surgery, tney'll have to cut him open on his chest (why his chest if they're removing growth on his kidney, though?). I'm really scared, it's very possible this is cancer.

He should have come in earlier. He's had this pain for a couple of weeks, but we just he pulled something. It was getting worse, but dad was too chicken to go to the hospital, and he said he felt something "pop" in his side yesterday while he was driving and that's when he finally went to the ER. The doctors say he has three months to live if this surgery doesn't work out. :(
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Oh man. I hope everything does indeed work out then man.

3 months left with one of your parents isn't long at all. And you're not even out of your teens yet are you?

Good luck with everything.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

And |darc|, if you're reading this, tell your little butt buddy Elmer to stay the fuck away from me forever.

DL324654 (11:46:21 PM): haha ur daddys gonna DIEEE
DL324654 (11:46:22 PM): HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
DL324654 (11:46:32 PM): faggot
Luriden (11:47:34 PM): why do you do this?
DL324654 (11:47:51 PM): nigga what u talkin bout this is the first time ive talked 2 u in months
DL324654 (11:47:56 PM): and i do it because it annoys u
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

He's not my butt buddy. I've blocked him now because of that.
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Just try to remember, his getting surgery is a good thing. If they can do anything for him, they will.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Roofus wrote:Just try to remember, his getting surgery is a good thing. If they can do anything for him, they will.
This is true. I'm sure you're very scared for your dad. That's how any of us would feel in your situation. The doctors will do everything they can for him. Take some comfort in that. We're a lot better of these days than people were even 50 years ago.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Well we got another update this morning. His bleeding has stopped, not sure if it's permanent or temporarily, so they cancelled the surgery. They will still have to perform some operation on him though to remove the growth, and we won't know what operation that is until monday morning.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Good luck. Hope the surgery works out.

Damn, this forum is cursed.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I hope the bleeding has stopped forever.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

We got yet another update this morning. The bleeding hasn't come back, but the surgery is back on for tomorrow. They won't tell mom over the phone why it's back on, she has to be there in person (and she has to pay $50 for cab fares each time). I don't like the sound of this.

Everything was looking up yesterday, but it came back around again to haunt us on Easter. Funny how things work like that.