Cigars

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cigars

Post by btm4k »

Someone help me shed some light on cigars:

They're made of tobacco, right?
Are they addictive?
Are they bad for you? (someone told me you dont inhale them as you do cigarettes, while someone else told me they're five times worse)

How bad would smoking one like twice a week be? I checked google but it was mostly pro-tobacco info. I also checked the anti-tobacco site and didnt see any cigar info.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

I don't think cigars have nicotene in them, so I don't think they're addictive. Although they don't have nicotene, they have like 5X as much tar in them.

A cigar twice a week isn't that bad. Sometimes I get a pack of black n milds (five a pack) and I'm done with them in two days. Just can't get enough of that smell.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I've never smoked a cigar, though I plan to buy some when I turn 18 in a few months. Maybe it'll help me quit cigs.

I know for a fact they're not the same as cigarettes. I know some very anti-smoking people that love cigars. Don't smoke them like cigarettes and you'll live.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Cigars probably won't give you lung cancer... but i'm pretty sure they can cause mouth and throat cancer which is probably just as bad.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Fine cigars are made from whole, roasted tobacco leaves. They are twisted and packed into a tight roll, and wrapped in a dark tobacco leaf.

You usually don't inhale the smoke from a cigar, but experienced smokers often do. It's pretty strong stuff.

All tobacco products contain nicotine. By the way, most vegetables contain nicotine. Remember, tobacco is a plant. A pound of spinach contains as much nicotine as 5 cigarretes. No wonder vegetarians are so cranky... :D

Whether nicotine is addictive or not is still a matter of debate. There is also no solid evidence that it's harmful in moderate quantities. If it were, all vegetarians would suffer from cancer. Inhaling smoke is the most probable cause of cancer and lung disease.

Smoking is a personal choice. There is certainly no harm in smoking an occasional cigar. Just as smoking will not make you a better person, not smoking will not make you a superior being.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

As has been stated, all tobacco products contain niccotine. All tobacco products have been linked to cancer, including chewing tobacco and snuff. Cigarettes have been shown to cause lung cancer because they are inhaled. They also can cause mouth cancer and throat cancer, as can cigars and smokeless tobacco.

But, whatever. I smoke a pack of Parliament Menthols a day, so I'm not one to talk.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

The fact is they smell of poo
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

mattthemodder wrote:The fact is they smell of poo
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

They do contina nicotine, and can become addictive. They also in some cases are worst as it builds up in the back of your mouth(if you smoke them "properly") I still do not think their bad. Hell do whatever you want.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
DeAthWaGer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeAthWaGer »

Yeah cigars are my weakness. I loved them when I smoked cigarettes, and now I have a few a week now that a quit smoking cigarettes.

The problem is if you start on cigars you tend not to inhale, if you smoked cigarettes first you will... so I do.

BTW, great cigar site (sales, etc.):

http://www.thompsoncigar.com
Wheeling Bitch Circus - Keepin' it METAL since 1998:

http://www.myspace.com/wheelingbitchcircus
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I think the addiction you would gain to a cigar would be more mental than physical seeing that you don't really enhale.

Also since you don't inhale I would assume that they are far less damaging to your lungs and thoat and since the smoke stays in your mouth longer far more damaging to your teeth, mouth, and gums.

Many people smoke 2 cigars a week and they are fine, like my grand pop. However I have also seen fellas who have a stogie stuffed in the corner of their mouth every time you see them. THey don't really smoke it, they just leave it there. The end is all wet and nasty. When they take it out their teeth and lips are black from where it was. I wouldn't suggest that.
Last edited by JuddWack on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I've never been to mars but I imagine it's quite lovely there.
Last edited by JuddWack on Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Sorry for the triple post. I edited them down. That was wierd
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Of course they still have nocotine, it's just the trillions of chemicals that are in ciggarettes that are omitted. They're still stronger in terms of nicotine content, and can still cause cancers whether it's oral or lung.

Pure nicotine is crazy. I've seen an indian shaman smoke pure, uncured tobacco from a peace pipe and the guy hallucinated like crazy. If a normal teenager or young adult thought they were badass and tried to take a hoot, they'd probably faint or die (Yes, death can occur from the crazy amounts of poisons).

It was definitely a once in a life time experience, not something you'd see normal cigar smokers do. I wouldn't recommend that anyone ever try this for recreation purposes or for whatever other crazy reason. If it crossed your mind then shame on you dummy, you'll probably die.

And as far as cigars go they're certainly yummy. They're good when you're drinking or on mushrooms. I could hardly smoke a cigar by myself. I take small hoots and enjoy inhaling a little bit of the smoke, but not every time I draw. They're actually insanely good to be honest, and make great blunts. Although I only let myself smoke 1 every other month or so... heh, heh.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Black n Milds are good. I smoke cigars but not very common. I would say bout 4-6 every month or so.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I liked Swisher Sweets (I'm not clear on the spelling so fuck it, it's been years anyway) when I did smoke. Wasn't a big fan of Black n Milds.
I did take a hit off of a real cigar once. Yeah, I treated it like a cigarette.
I went lay down for a while. :lol:
No signature.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Smokers are damn smelly. Which is why I will never smoke.
Very sexy hero, omg
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

So what exactly are Swisher Sweets? I know they're flavored but how are they not real cigars?
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Lots of cigars don't stink so bad. Although I don't hotbox with friggen cigars as some burn for up to an hour!

Ciggarettes totally reak though. They're not as nice as cigars. Captain blacks and the like are what all the highschool kids smoke here. I suppose I like them.... and ones you get at corner stores and stuff. I'm no connesuir (screw spelling!) but that's really all that I've been brave enough to smoke.

My friend from switzerland always comes back with heaps of smokeables. He says it's nothing but the best and although I don't have any experience they're fucking wonderful. If I ever get the names of them I'll post it in another thread, they're all so good. If anyone has any knowledge about what's in that reason please post here or pm me. I wouldn't mind having some more for future parties or shrooming in the summer or just whatever...
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

btm4k wrote:So what exactly are Swisher Sweets? I know they're flavored but how are they not real cigars?
I smoked a few Swishers, they are like Black n Mild. You can get them with or without tips. I don't know how they are not like real cigars, maybe cause they smaller and cheaper? I smoked the good stuff too, very expensive :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: