Top 100 Cartoons 8pm Chan 4

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Top 100 Cartoons 8pm Chan 4

Post by SinTex »

Can't seem to find the original topic via search whoever posted it, but for those of you that remember voting for the Top 100 Cartoons for Channel 4 it will finally be on this Sunday at 8pm.

But as was mentioned before most of the real best classics could not even be picked.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
Drinkcast
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Drinkcast »

What broadcast company is your channel 4? STates have different broadcasting sources, heck...I have 50 of the greatest cartoons and about to buy the DVD I saw for 69.99
Living a better life.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

I remember the thread. I voted in it, even though I can't watch it. However, is the channel a subscription channel, or is it like a Fox or CBS? If it's the latter, then I might be able to pick it up via FTA as long as it's sat based.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

that_guy wrote:I remember the thread. I voted in it, even though I can't watch it. However, is the channel a subscription channel, or is it like a Fox or CBS? If it's the latter, then I might be able to pick it up via FTA as long as it's sat based.
If the latter is a service that you can pick up free (well more or less free, here you need a TV License) then channel 4 is that.

Even if you can't watch it, the results will be on their website http://www.channel4.com during or after the program.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

You neen a tv license? :o
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Its the bbc that amkes you pay the tv license, I've often wondered if you could get off by only watchin the commercial channels but that would a) probably not work if you got nicked & b) would limit you to itv (mostly crap of the highest order other than new captain scarlet & a few other things) channel 4 (most good stuffs imported) & channel 5 (again most good stuffs imported but there may still be areas that cant get it). A pain really
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

Hawq wrote:Its the bbc that amkes you pay the tv license, I've often wondered if you could get off by only watchin the commercial channels but that would a) probably not work if you got nicked & b) would limit you to itv (mostly crap of the highest order other than new captain scarlet & a few other things) channel 4 (most good stuffs imported) & channel 5 (again most good stuffs imported but there may still be areas that cant get it). A pain really
yea the funds from the tv license so u can watch bbc 1 and 2 and listen to the bbc radio stations go to bbc however doesnt that TV regulations group (TVI?) make a mistake in thinking everyone has a tv, and therefore charges everyone.
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikelomax »

mattcky666 wrote:yea the funds from the tv license so u can watch bbc 1 and 2 and listen to the bbc radio stations go to bbc however doesnt that TV regulations group (TVI?) make a mistake in thinking everyone has a tv, and therefore charges everyone.
Basically you have to pay your TV license if you are capable of viewing TV from any kind of external connection, if you just connect up a DVD or game console to it, you don't have to have one. But you do if you connect it up to a TV card on you computer.

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Is this a repeat? I remember
spoiler, Well you never know :P wrote:The Simpsons/Homer Simpson
being number one in a channel 4 "100 greatest" but that may have been characters rather than cartoons.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

This is a new un, voted on it back in about november & its been a fair wait for it to come on & on the subject of my initial topic where did it go?

CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Nice, I'll probably watch it then.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Odd that, couldnt see it yesterday

mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

Channel 4 gets licence fee money aswell
(to support low advertising revenue due to its 'alternative' licence remit)
the fee is charged for any tuner equipment, so technically vcrs/tv cards etc qualify
but it's only one licence per household (so you could have 50 tvs, and only pay the once)
i don't mind that much as it pays for digital freeview (which is worth it imo)
transmitter upkeep (which everyone forgets about) and the great educational/web stuff also (including the Open University).
plus all BBC radio and TV have no ads (which in this day and age, i love)

btw The Simpsons where top
:roll: :lol:
full results
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/t ... sults.html
an i don't care what anyone says Hong Kong Phooey should be higher than No. 68 :?
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

family guy 5th!!!!
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

I'm a bit disappointed that The Simpsons came top, but the fact that Tom and Jerry came second restores (some of) my faith in the British public.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Such a shock that they made Simpsons win, I dont believe number of votes had anything to do with that really.
Overfiend made it at 72 & got a bit of a mauling
Transformers made it in at 37, so they actually paid some attention to the suggestions? or did they just realise theyd cocked up big time leaving it out & saw that as a way to get it in?
Princess Mononoke just scraped outside the top 20 at 21, curse them
Akira hit 16, guess top 20 aint too bad
Spirited Away hit 8, probably helped by the oscar it won
But did anyone else notice that they gave very little time to anime & the added due to suggestions transformers compared to everything else? thats a little suspicious to me

mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikelomax »

Hawq wrote:Such a shock that they made Simpsons win, I dont believe number of votes had anything to do with that really.
I really do not understand why people think the simpsons doesn't deserve the top spot, the simpsons has a world-wide audience, appeals to kids adults, old people, whereas many cartoons do not make such an impact on the world as the simpsons have. So it's more than likely to be voted the most out of them all.
Hawq wrote:But did anyone else notice that they gave very little time to anime & the added due to suggestions transformers compared to everything else? thats a little suspicious to me
That was probably mainly due to copyright and things, because channel4 can't/won't pay for usage of things they probably used promo shots or material released by the companies (this was especially noticeable when disney ones came up).

pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I think if the Simpson keep getting funnier, like they are this season, they can make it to 25 years.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

pixel wrote:I think if the Simpson keep getting funnier, like they are this season, they can make it to 25 years.
What season are you up to over there? 16?