Share your Favorite NES rom for NesterDC ^_^

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
simonko
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Share your Favorite NES rom for NesterDC ^_^

Post by simonko »

My favorite game is "Joy Mech Fighter" translated&patched this game rocks!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Uforia is probably my current favourite NES game, it's a fun platform adventure game, people who like like Wonderboy 3: The Dragon's Trap will probably enjoy this game too.
alien8
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by alien8 »

My current favourite would have to be Final Fantasy 3 (J), translated and patched as well. The translation that I've got for it (I think it was done by DeJap) is kind of hokey... Doesn't seem like something that Square would have written - I'm guessing that a lot was lost in the translation. I do enjoy the game a lot, though.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Favorite

Post by SinisterTengu »

My favorite game to play on NesterDC is tied between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 and Spy Hunter.

Oh and I guess I play this one other game. Oddly enough it is Super Mario World (the one that came out for SNES). The game is a lot like the SNES one, but certain things are changed. I think this was actually an early version that was being developed. It was never released, I can tell by the (Unl) that the rom was labeled with. Some of the levels are in different places. The first island looks much the same, but later it gets weird. There isn't even a vanilla dome, instead you just go to the top of that mountain. I highly recommend downloading this and trying it yourself. ;)

Here are two pics comparing the NES version (left) to the SNES version (right):
Image Image
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

Wow that's cool. I gotta check if I have that one.

My favorite to play is Tecmo Super Bowl (hacked for the 2k2 season), but also up there is Baseball Stars, and 1943.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Oh yeah Baseball Stars is cool. So is Baseball Simulator, but every rom I have downloaded (and yes it is the rom, I have tested with many emulators) is a little weird. Not exactly messed up, but when you are up to bat or pitching, the base and stuff on screen is all shaky. In fact everything but the actual players are. And I have tried all the different versions too. Weird. :|
Shoigres
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Shoigres »

Besides the classics ( Castlevanias , Metal Gear , Ninja Gaiden , etc ) , I love these :

Jackal

The Wrath of Black Manta

Dr. Mario

The Batmans on NES are great too ! The first one is really really hard ! And the second , "Batman - Return of the Jocker" ( both by Sunsoft ) has the best graphics on NES ever . It seems almost like a 16 bit machine .

Do you know Sonic 3D for NES ? It's pretty impressive .

Last week I finnished Castlevania 2 , 10 years after hehe ! Long live NesterDC ! :lol:
GolbeZeromus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Punching..

Post by GolbeZeromus »

My fave would be Punch-Out. I just love the funny animated enemies. I only managed to defeat Mr. Dream once, in the countless times that I fought him. He is a real irritating dude.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Favorite

Post by pavelbure »

SinisterTengu wrote: My favorite game to play on NesterDC is tied between Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 and Spy Hunter.

Oh and I guess I play this one other game. Oddly enough it is Super Mario World (the one that came out for SNES). The game is a lot like the SNES one, but certain things are changed. I think this was actually an early version that was being developed. It was never released, I can tell by the (Unl) that the rom was labeled with. Some of the levels are in different places. The first island looks much the same, but later it gets weird. There isn't even a vanilla dome, instead you just go to the top of that mountain. I highly recommend downloading this and trying it yourself. ;)

Here are two pics comparing the NES version (left) to the SNES version (right):
Image Image
i just downloaded this game after seeing your post and this game is hard. i died 2 seconds after starting it because i wasnt paying attention.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

My current favorite NES game right now would probably be ::thinks hard::

Castlevania 3
OR
Super Spike V'Ball
hosdaboss
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hosdaboss »

What is that mario game called?

PS:I like mario two
acidrap123
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by acidrap123 »

earthbound zero 8)
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

hosdaboss wrote: What is that mario game called?

PS:I like mario two
The one in the screenshot above is an unlicensed version of Super Mario World on the NES. The good name for it is Super Mario World (Unl).
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Oh yeah, Earthbound Zero (wait, isn't that just Mother 1?) is really cool. And yeah, Super Mario World (Unl) is kinda hard, especially when you are using a keyboard. I did much better playing on NesterDC. One problem I have is sometimes it craps out, and like you cant press any buttons, only the D-pad. It seems like it does that after I use a Snap Save or load on NesterDC, but it has happened a few other times too. Anyone have a problem like that on any other game?
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

I've noticed that too. I just go into the autofire menu (Right Trigger + A) and turn off autofire on both A & B. When I do that I never have any problems with it.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I think that Mario may just be a hacked or cracked version.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

I don't think so. It just feels too real. Its not like an exact copy, things feel like they were there, and then improved on the SNES version. Like take this screenshot:

That is a pic from the first level. But in the SNES version, it wasn't three fireballs that fired at you, it was a big bullet. It had to be three fireballs on the old NES, because it could support sprites of that size. Many things like that feel like that in this game. I think they thought they could just do better if they switched it to SNES. The SNES version also has many more levels that this one doesn't have. Just get it and see. Its not just a hacked version, it is very different.
perry2175 wrote: I think that Mario may just be a hacked or cracked version.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Could be a homebrew game.

Yea i got it its koooooooool.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

homebrew...?

Post by SinisterTengu »

I doubt it's homebrew, its even get a copyright logo if you wait after the title screen. Hmm thats kinda weird. All it says is "? Copyright 1995". 1995? They didn't make NES games then, and SMW had already come out for the SNES. This is strange. It doesn't even say Nintendo. This doesn't make sense. Its not an exact port though. Well maybe it doesn't have all of its copyright info because it was never released. Weird...
snake78
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by snake78 »

It's an unlicensed game. Tengen used to release games that Nintendo didn't license (like Tetris and such), There are lots of unlicensed games for the NES. Some are bible games and things like that. Some company (or maybe just a homebrew coder) just blantantly copied SMW and made it into an NES game. It's not a rom hack (which would be an existing rom hacked to look like something else). Just an unlicensed game. It is pretty cool though, but I'd much rather wait for the SNES version ;)