Very pissed off! [beware 56k users]

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Very pissed off! [beware 56k users]

Post by Link2k4 »

A few months ago I purchased a copy of "Jet grind radio" for DC for only $1.99 used. I took it home and boot up my DC, you know when you put in a Actual game the drive spins and beeps? well it did that, the screen turned white and the Bios screen came up, I am like "WTF" so I tried 7 more times and the same thing happen. I figured it was my DC but I tried 5 games I bought in the past they worked. so I am mad, I tried to take it back, they said they would have to get off me for less than half the price, wtf. here are some pics of the crap copy I bought. there is NO scratches or anything, its a mystery.

so does anyone know what the deal is why the game isn't working for no reason?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Dude it was $2!!! That's not that big of a deal :roll:

Now I'm not condoning warez in any shape or form, but this is where the obtaining of a backup copy should be perfectly legal. Where you go and buy something legit only for it not work, yet be in perfect condition.

My 2c
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well skynet, I love JGR that is the problem, so I thought I had a deal, I love that game. I can't believe it don't boot, I bought it from game rush BTW. oh your 2c is apprectiated.
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Man, $2!!!! You dont have the slightest idea of the trouble people have to go throug and the prices they have to pay to buy DC games from other smaller countries that doesnt retail DC and every game has to be imported...US, JAP, EU.
If its your fav game, you can get a brand new Jet Set Radio [Drekore Series] ultra special, limited edition for $15!!!
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Dude, its $2. No big deal.
Not2bEmulated
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Not2bEmulated »

Are you sure that an official copy?? Could just be the pic, but I have my copy in my hand and some of the colors on the front cover of yours don't look right, the outlining around the title look way too dark and it almost looks like some details are missing. Also, why is the back part that you put the cd on not see through like it should be?
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Not2bEmulated wrote:Are you sure that an official copy?? Could just be the pic, but I have my copy in my hand and some of the colors on the front cover of yours don't look right, the outlining around the title look way too dark and it almost looks like some details are missing. Also, why is the back part that you put the cd on not see through like it should be?
Dude, did you EVER consider the fact that his cam messes up the pic?

Anyways, look at the back of it. It's got three seperate rings, which looks to me completely real.

I may not be link's best friend, but I hold him highly enough to tell a real from a copy.

Oh, Link, I agree with the rest, it was $2. And can you return it?
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

2$ is a good amount of money convert it to pakistani Rs you have 120 bucks with that amount of money you could buy almost 5 cheese burgers at mc donalds :rumpshaker:

look last time my game didn't work i went back to ebgames / game crazy/ game stop they all took em back and gave me a full heart filled refun since they did not have another piece the best thing to do with this game would be keep the case and sell the disc at your favourite video game store hopefuly it would be worth a dollar and then look for the game at your local pawn shop you would probably find it without the case and stuff for around 5$

as for why your disc did not work often people use the buffer to clean cd's and spit shine them don't get me wrong they do the job the cd works brand new but it has a risk of wiping the data clean of the disc and if the disc works the buffed cd has a very bad effect on your lense since the scratches are not gone but are actually quoted over so it has a worse effect on your lense then running WAREZ

hope this was helpful
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Not2bEmulated wrote:Are you sure that an official copy?? Could just be the pic, but I have my copy in my hand and some of the colors on the front cover of yours don't look right, the outlining around the title look way too dark and it almost looks like some details are missing. Also, why is the back part that you put the cd on not see through like it should be?

even my copy has the green mark in the middle then sea through
2nd it has the sega seal mark on it(which should be copyable)

however if you own an orignal copy which doesn't work or has stopped working it is only fair to get a copy of it from the net when my crazy taxi 2 stopped working (never lend orignal cd's) and the whole case and everything was mint condition I couldn't through it away I went to my local store and bought a pairate copy
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by binto1985 »

I don't know if this will work, but try opening your dreamcast and moving the laser, it should move just a little bit more towards your direction than where its at if your're facing the front of it. My brother's matt hoffman game sometimes wouldn't start and would after that, maybe some games are effected more than other by it. I also have a friend who's cd player stopped playing but worked after doing that to its laser too.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I can't believe some people think this is a fake copy, ITS NOT. the game has no scratches and in mint condition. I did try to take it back and the said they would only refund half of it, the store was game rush. Yes I have a cheapo camera only $20 at office max. I am afraid to tweak the laser I may damage my DC forever. If I knew someone around my neighborhood that could do it, I would pay them to do so. oh yeah my omicron I used to have did the same thing.
Not2bEmulated
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Not2bEmulated »

ETR wrote:

Anyways, look at the back of it. It's got three seperate rings, which looks to me completely real.

I may not be link's best friend, but I hold him highly enough to tell a real from a copy.

Dude, did you EVER read past the first sentance of my post?? That part about, "It could just be the pic" :roll: And I never even mentioned the green part in the middle, I was talking about the outlining around the lettering.......obviously it was darker because of the lighting in the pic. That's all I was asking is if it was the pic or if the colors were darker on the disc, sheesh! Smoke a joint and relax bro. :wink:
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Yes, the game is real, and no it's not a big deal, 'cause you can get them on eBay for around $5-$7 (brand new) shipped.
Very sexy hero, omg
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by binto1985 »

Well, I didn't really say tweak the laser, just move it a little, with your finger, like the black square that has the blue round thing (laser) on it. I don't know if that hurts it any, but you're just moving it like a centimeter with your finger while its off, and its worked for me in the past when games have just gone to the bios screen. You don't have to if you don't want, but it beats the game not working. I don't think it can't hurt to try.
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

another example...

Post by binto1985 »

Here's an example of someone suggesting what I am suggesting: http://www.tech-forums.net/computer/topic/7483.html or to quote the person on that page "3)Move the Laser/Reader to the center. Even after you open the door it moves to the center, But it can go about another quarter inch push it to that spot and try loading a game."
LyingWake
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by LyingWake »

I bet this is your problem. Tweak it just ever so lightly, just so the GD spins a nudge faster.

http://sysopaim.cjb.net/
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Not2bEmulated wrote:
ETR wrote:

Dude, did you EVER read past the first sentance of my post?? That part about, "It could just be the pic" :roll: And I never even mentioned the green part in the middle, I was talking about the outlining around the lettering.......obviously it was darker because of the lighting in the pic. That's all I was asking is if it was the pic or if the colors were darker on the disc, sheesh! Smoke a joint and relax bro. :wink:
Lemme just put it this way, any time I support Link, someone has to be obviously acting like an idiot.

That person would be you.

Go away.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Link2k4 wrote:I can't believe some people think this is a fake copy, ITS NOT. the game has no scratches and in mint condition. I did try to take it back and the said they would only refund half of it, the store was game rush. Yes I have a cheapo camera only $20 at office max. I am afraid to tweak the laser I may damage my DC forever. If I knew someone around my neighborhood that could do it, I would pay them to do so. oh yeah my omicron I used to have did the same thing.
if you read the post I made I clearly stated that your cd has the sega seal on it and is orignal...
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I had a similar problem when I purchased a flawless-looking copy of Outtrigger a couple of years ago. When I asked the guy in Electronics Boutique (this was before they changed to GAME) about it, he said that they keep a lot of their second-hand games in storage, and its so cold in there that a lot of games just won't work again :|.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

my friend Dan brought over his Code Breaker last night cuz he wanted to finish his game of ecco the dolphin (he likes to cheat on games} I had a dumb Idea and try to use it on my copy of JGR and guess what? IT WORKED! I kinda find that stupid that I have to use a cheap prephial just to run a game of mine and how come the DC can read it when using CB I find that stupid. OH I would move that black thing foward but I did that to my Sanyo CD player when song on CDs would skip in the very beginning and lets just say the CD player is forver broken :cry: