Will the Admin Big-Dicking please stop.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Will the Admin Big-Dicking please stop.

Post by toastman »

|darc| and ace, both of you need to quit it.
I'm getting tired of it and I think a lot of other people are too. The forum is upgraded, everything is now fine, you can resume your normal status and stop locking and unlocking topics purely on whimsy.
No signature.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

If you ask me, which you didn't, but if you did, I'd say that the forums have gone quite downhill over the last 6 months or so.

But, like I said, you didn't ask me, so I won't say it.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Ender wrote:If you ask me, which you didn't, but if you did, I'd say that the forums have gone quite downhill over the last 6 months or so.

I didn't. But maybe I should've.
Consider it asked then. Consider it asked.
No signature.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Users have been banned for being less of an ass than darc. yet he gets promoted. :?
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

Roofus wrote:Users have been banned for being less of an ass than darc. yet he gets promoted. :?
He was givin access by 007 to the FTP to upgrade the forums. He made himself an admin. Not us ;)
The site staff didn't even know he was doing the upgrade until after he did it. *then* he told us. ;)
Last edited by MrSiggler on Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

toastman wrote:
Ender wrote:If you ask me, which you didn't, but if you did, I'd say that the forums have gone quite downhill over the last 6 months or so.

I didn't. But maybe I should've.
Consider it asked then. Consider it asked.
Personally, I feel that all of the fun has been drained out of these boards. It's like those kids that get to a certain age and think they need to act mature all of a sudden, and then take it too far. Given that a lot of the userbase may actually be around that age, it could be a possibility.

The key to being mature is knowing when to be mature and when to be immature. And honestly, immaturity isn't tolerated on these boards unless it's throwing sand in someone's eyes. Not even in null anymore. It's sad.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Just from a innocent bystander point of view, that FTP-self-upgrading thingy is pretty crappy and sounds to me like grounds for being banned.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

scherzo wrote:Just from a innocent bystander point of view, that FTP-self-upgrading thingy is pretty crappy and sounds to me like grounds for being banned.
Seconded.
XPoGoX
XPoison FreeX
XPoison FreeX

Post by XPoGoX »

i see this thread locked in the near future... :lol:
Last edited by XPoGoX on Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

scherzo wrote:Just from a innocent bystander point of view, that FTP-self-upgrading thingy is pretty crappy and sounds to me like grounds for being banned.
What if he had permission and was told to do it?
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Prophet][ wrote:
Permission to admin himself, or permission to upgrade the forums?
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Ender wrote:
Prophet][ wrote:
Permission to admin himself, or permission to upgrade the forums?
I meant upgrade, but I'm just saying, what if?
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

I <3 ace, and darc isn't a dick, IMO, so... if they willingly relinquish their adminness.... I say no harm done.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

In before lock.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

In before lock.
:lol: ditto
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Will the Admin Big-Dicking please stop.

Post by |darc| »

toastman wrote:|darc| and ace, both of you need to quit it.
Are you talking about the bickering in the "I apologize" thread?
(I didn't close that topic, btw. I got Hawq to).
toastman wrote:I'm getting tired of it and I think a lot of other people are too. The forum is upgraded, everything is now fine, you can resume your normal status and stop locking and unlocking topics purely on whimsy.
I was initially given access to upgrade the forums; yes. About a week later 007 asked us to redo the entire site as well as make a phpBB theme matching the site. I have a general template done for the new site, and ace and I still need to port the entire content of the web page to the new system. As far as the phpBB theme goes, I'm waiting to finish the original site so I can make sure the phpBB theme is exactly the same (I don't want to have to go back and change the theme), and I am also waiting on the decision of whether to upgrade to phpBB 3.0.0 or not.
Are you suggesting that this is because of us?
Roofus wrote:Users have been banned for being less of an ass than darc. yet he gets promoted. :?
Do you please mind pointing out specifics? I'm not perfect, I know, but I really don't know exactly what you're talking about here
Prophet][ wrote:
I did, from the webmaster himself. I understand 007 has a small role in the entire site and community at this point, but I believe permission from him is good enough.

My intentions in being admin were never to actually administrate this forum. While I'd accept the offer to admin if it were presented to me, it isn't my position at this point and that was what I was talking about with ace in that other thread. I feel that it isn't a big deal to lock a thread that OBVIOUSLY needs a lock, but on certain threads with general bickering that may or may not get a lock, I don't beleive it is our position to moderate.

I don't understand what this thread is really about and why people are angry about me and ace being admins. It just seems like some petty status issue to me. Its not like removing us will prevent us from doing anything crazy to the forums if that were our intentions--we have FTP and SQL access (from 007 himself).
It's thinking...
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Ok heres whats bullshit about it.
Say some random user came and then they're like you know what. I wanna be a admin. Then they hack the site make themself one. Then they go around hi and mighty doing that the want. Ok that would be consider wrong. How is this any different. I think they should deal with updating and fixing the poor design of the site then remove there acess and let 007 change the acess back to only him knowing.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Sorrie wrote:Ok heres whats poop about it.
Say some random user came and then they're like you know what. I wanna be a admin. Then they hack the site make themself one. Then they go around hi and mighty doing that the want. Ok that would be consider wrong. How is this any different. I think they should deal with updating and fixing the poor design of the site then remove there acess and let 007 change the acess back to only him knowing.
This is quite different because I was given FTP access, SQL access, and permission to admin myself from the webmaster himself. That seems quite different to me.
It's thinking...
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

meh i just try to ignore all the BS that happens. though yes the place is a bit different, i still love it though.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Do you please mind pointing out specifics? I'm not perfect, I know, but I really don't know exactly what you're talking about here
You're rude, you have no respect for anyone, you axt like you're better than everyone else and you make decisions that affect the entire site without consulting anyone.