VCDs in dc playa?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
sketch7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VCDs in dc playa?

Post by sketch7 »

I was wondering if dc playa can play VCDs yet and if it can, how well does it play them? Currently, I'm not able to burn the new version of dc playa because I'm out of CDs so I'd appreciate it if somebody could tell me how VCDs do in dc playa.
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

they dont work. the only homebrew app for dc i know that can load vcd's is DC movie Player test 1 and 2. you have to click on a .DAT file since it doesnt auto load the disc. from my experience, i've only tested this on a vcd on a cd-r and the audio/video was going out of sync a lot.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

hrb2k3 wrote:they dont work. the only homebrew app for dc i know that can load vcd's is DC movie Player test 1 and 2. you have to click on a .DAT file since it doesnt auto load the disc. from my experience, i've only tested this on a vcd on a cd-r and the audio/video was going out of sync a lot.
Well - GypPlay is a homebrew VCD player, too.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
sketch7
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by sketch7 »

Yeah, I've used DC Movie Player but it has sync problems and is no longer in development. And Gypplay isn't very good since you have to burn the .dat on the disc that has Gypplay. Oh well, I'll just keep on hoping for a better VCD player on the Dreamcast.
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

Buy the one from Lik-Sang with the remote... EXCELLENT player for VCD's
jpred88
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jpred88 »

The VCD Players for DC on Lik Sang are all sold out :(
Xbox Live! GamerTag: jpred88
dream devil
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dream devil »

THE DCPLAYA NOT GOOD, BECAUSE NOT HAVE OPTION FARWARD AND BACKWARD PAUSE WHY? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

dream devil wrote:THE DCPLAYA NOT GOOD, BECAUSE NOT HAVE OPTION FARWARD AND BACKWARD PAUSE WHY? :cry: :cry: :cry:
How bout we fix the sync problems first before adding other features huh? :wink: Also it is no longer being updating or anything anymore because the source code I believe was lost.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Warmachine wrote:
dream devil wrote:THE DCPLAYA NOT GOOD, BECAUSE NOT HAVE OPTION FARWARD AND BACKWARD PAUSE WHY? :cry: :cry: :cry:
How bout we fix the sync problems first before adding other features huh? :wink: Also it is no longer being updating or anything anymore because the source code I believe was lost.
I will be joining you in the hoping for synchness :D
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Link2k4 wrote:
Warmachine wrote:
I was lucky enough to get a DVD player that likes all variations on VCD for christmas, and I'm no longer stuck trying to play them on my Dreamcast. But I used to, and I wish them luck on synching it, assuming it starts up again.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

ETR wrote:
Link2k4 wrote:
Warmachine wrote:
I was lucky enough to get a DVD player that likes all variations on VCD for christmas, and I'm no longer stuck trying to play them on my Dreamcast. But I used to, and I wish them luck on synching it, assuming it starts up again.
Yea so did I but it still would be pretty cool to have none the less.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I got a pretty sweet, Cyberhome DVD player for christmas I made some VCDs, however I just think it would be nice to see something play THAT well on DC. I am happy with the DVD player even though Cyber home gets bad ratings :(.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Link2k4 wrote:I got a pretty sweet, Cyberhome DVD player for christmas I made some VCDs, however I just think it would be nice to see something play THAT well on DC. I am happy with the DVD player even though Cyber home gets bad ratings :(.
Apex is also supposed to be junk quality, but the fact it plays just about anything makes up for it.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

ETR wrote:
Link2k4 wrote:I got a pretty sweet, Cyberhome DVD player for christmas I made some VCDs, however I just think it would be nice to see something play THAT well on DC. I am happy with the DVD player even though Cyber home gets bad ratings :(.
Apex is also supposed to be junk quality, but the fact it plays just about anything makes up for it.
yes I know, my friends GF bought a apex and she dropped a cd wallet on it by accident and it doesn't work now, that quality sucks, CD wallets are light even with cds in it.lol.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I have a Cyberhome one also it shows no flaws.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

yeah. i got to agree with Link2k4 on the Apex comment. we got an Apex dvd player about 2 years ago on one of those after Thanksgiving sales. it cost like $20 iirc. the next spring we went on vacation to Texas and brought the dvd player with us as well as the gamego machine we had and my DC. the DVD player didnt survive the trip. about halfway on the way back home it decided it wanted to refuse playing dvd's altogether and lock up 2 seconds in to playing a vcd or svcd.

but it did play anything i threw at it. between of mpeg1/mpeg2 files on a data cd, mp3's, wma's, jpg's, svcd and vcd videos encoded on just about every program under the sun, it played just about everything but divx.