Something I have noticed..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Something I have noticed..

Post by MrSiggler »

I'm seeing reports of mistakes made in the US elections.. and all of the ones I have seen favour Bush.. giving him more votes.. Now.. is this just a case of people ignoring the mistakes that help Kerry... or are all the mistakes truly in Bush's favour?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I think Bush has gotten to the point of such power where he could secretly and less obviously fudge that last election. Bush violates everything that is democratic.

Just my point of view. Take it as it is.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I'd be interested in hearing about any that specifically favor/hurt Kerry, Cobb, Badnarik, Nader, or Peroutka rather than Bush. And in particular I'd be interested in hearing what in the world happened to Cobb in Ohio (even for a write-in campaign, 24 statewide votes for the Green Party candidate seems a teeny bit low).
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

http://www.blackboxvoting.org

There are those looking into what might have happened in this election. Don't lump me in with the tinfoil hat crowd just yet, but I believe that some shenanigans are in the realm of possibility. I'll wait for somebody to make a case based on solid evidence, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Re: Something I have noticed..

Post by DaMadFiddler »

MrSiggler wrote:I'm seeing reports of mistakes made in the US elections.. and all of the ones I have seen favour Bush.. giving him more votes.. Now.. is this just a case of people ignoring the mistakes that help Kerry... or are all the mistakes truly in Bush's favour?
I'm curious about the same. There is most certainly a precedent for it--Kennedy got into office because dead people voted for him, and Bush got into office the first time due to a combination of fake votes and discounting some real votes.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a topic you can get an accurate source on. Most places are either of the "this is full of shit" stance and work on absurd methods to discredit the claims, saying this is not a problem...or make a bunch of exaggerated claims, which often then lead into some sort of conspiracy theory. And if you try to have a rational discussion about it out in the open, you're bound to get some cretin wander through saying "STFU! America rocks! You're only making things up because your guy lost!"
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Quite honestly, because people aren't looking for errors that would have hurt Bush.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

does it even matter? if indeed something is discovered that shows he stole the election, whats the recourse?
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

The anti-Bush crown will do anything to try and hurt him.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

farrell2k wrote:The anti-Bush crown will do anything to try and hurt him.
I expected a responce like that from someone ;)

Let's have some examples..
Can someone point me to at least one instance of a Kerry favoring mistake?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

MystiK wrote:does it even matter? if indeed something is discovered that shows he stole the election, whats the recourse?
If it could be proved it was done with his knowledge, he could be removed from office I guess...
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

The U.S. media would never have reported anything like that, as most of them favored Kerry. You never see anything but anti-Bush nonsense, just as you do up there in Canada.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

farrell2k wrote:The U.S. media would never have reported anything like that, as most of them favored Kerry. You never see anything but anti-Bush nonsense, just as you do up there in Canada.
Exactly. Look at CBS, they were trying so hard to find something bad against bush, they put out a complete lie.

And if CNN or the new york times got ahold of a story like that...you can just guess what they would do with it.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

hearld500 wrote:
farrell2k wrote:The U.S. media would never have reported anything like that, as most of them favored Kerry. You never see anything but anti-Bush nonsense, just as you do up there in Canada.
Exactly. Look at CBS, they were trying so hard to find something bad against bush, they put out a complete lie.

And if CNN or the new york times got ahold of a story like that...you can just guess what they would do with it.
To be fair, CBS didn't create that information. They were wrong, but they didn't create the false information.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Thats true, but they pressured that guy to come up with the documents. Didn't you watch the interview?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Actually, I missed that one. I heard about the whole forged documents debacle through other media sources. Like I said, CBS was at fault. I'll have to see if the interview is available online somewhere. If you need me, I'll be googling...
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

Well, it's been a while since I first started this thread.. and nobody has posted any info on Kerry favouring mistakes.. ;)
Come on peoples. There must be at least *one*.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I heard something on the radio today about the election and being looked into, but i can't tell if was a dream. Seriously. I fall asleep with my radio on and dream about whats happening on the radio and wake up not being able to tell if it really happened.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

The descrepencies are not large enough to overturn the election. They are counting everything again so "all votes count" but Kerry cannot win. I dont have a link, I heard it on talk radio. Sorry.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Code-Red wrote:Bush has gotten to the point of such power

You are a very, very gullible person. To treat Bush's tenure in office as a Rise to Dictatorship is just silly, ignorant, and irresponsible.

To disagree with an Administration's policies is one thing in this nation, but to completely distort the facts (ala Michael Moore) is shameful.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Code-Red wrote:Bush has gotten to the point of such power

You are a very, very gullible person. To treat Bush's tenure in office as a Rise to Dictatorship is just silly, ignorant, and irresponsible.

To disagree with an Administration's policies is one thing in this nation, but to completely distort the facts (ala Michael Moore) is shameful.
I think its one of the closest though. *spits on the Patriot Act*
It's thinking...