I just beat Legend of Zelda

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I just beat Legend of Zelda

Post by impetus »

Still one of the best. I beat it on Gamecube, for anyone wondering.

I beat this once when I was a kid, maybe 7 yrs old. I put hours and hours into it, and pretty much solved all the puzzles and figured out all the tricks and important hidden items.

It actually seemed a lot harder this time. Or maybe I'm just impatient, spoiled by lots of gaming? I had to look up GameFAQs to figure out where the red ring was, and how to uncover Labyrinth 7. :oops: But, I beat it in a much shorter time period....

chalk it up to newer games being too easy, I guess.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

2nd Quest is hard stuff.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I remember getting stuck for hours and hours trying to find Level 6. I could find 7, and 8, and I was pretty sure where the end of the game was, but I couldn't for the LIFE of me find where the 6th dungeon was. Stupid shrine; I always end up getting frustrated with games because I overlook something stupid like that :P. Similar things have happened to me in Link to the Past (couldn't find my way through Dungeon 7), Super Metroid (got lost), and Myst (overlooked a code in a book for about a month).
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i remember getting lost in the second dungeon on Link to The Past in the Dark World i couldn't figure out you had to go through the waterfall in the one room. i played Zelda 1 so many times i know that game inside out. theres one thing i seen a screen shot for in the manual for the orginal nes verison but never found in the game. the screenshot showed link in a room with an oldman and he gave the opition of link taking a sword or a boomarang.....i never found anything like that though
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

I can't remember if I beat Zelda without getting the first two swords, or if I just skipped the first one. I should try again one of these days.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

One of my housemates is currently trying to make his way through Ocarina of Time with three heart containers...we'll see how far he manages to get :P
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Level 7 had me stuck forever when I first played that game. First it was trying to find it, then it was trying to get through it. Finnally I realized you had to bomb in the dragons eye.

I never found any room that had a old man with a boomerang and a sword, there was only 3 swords in that game. Sure it wasn't just link throwing the boomerang in one of the rooms with a sword in it?

Something fun to try with Zelda 1 is to get the White Sword Before you get the Wooden Sword. It can be done quite easily if you know where stuff is. I did that once to see if it would give you the wooden sword after having the white sword. It didn't though.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Finding Level 7 was BS IMO, it was too hidden. My sister & I played the game for YEARS and could never find it, until about half my life ago someone showed us how to do it.
It's thinking...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

|darc| wrote:Finding Level 7 was BS IMO, it was too hidden. My sister & I played the game for YEARS and could never find it, until about half my life ago someone showed us how to do it.
Only reason I found it was because I was sick of looking for it and was going to use my flute to teleport somewhere else.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

you guys can have the first zelda I will stick with ZELDA II, RPG elements make it my absoulute favorite. I bought it for GBA yesterday so I can take it with me now when I am over my boring friends houses.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

now beat the 2nd quest of zelda I, just enter your profile name as zelda (i think, might be link). this quest took me forever to beat when i was little. I didnt know that you had to walk through some walls instead of bombing, just accidently found that out, heh
Silence is Golden
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Link2k4 wrote:you guys can have the first zelda I will stick with ZELDA II, RPG elements make it my absoulute favorite. I bought it for GBA yesterday so I can take it with me now when I am over my boring friends houses.
I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for a NES game when I was able to pay $20 and get 1 year of nintendo power, Zelda 1, Zelda 2, Zelda OOT, and Zelda MM.

They was both good games though (Zelda 1 and 2).
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

no veggita im sure of what was in the screenshot. too bad im not able to hook up my scanner to my back up pc (lack of usb ports) ,or i would scan it. surprisingly i still have the manual. anyways in the screenshot it was a wooden sword (brown) and then the yellow boomarang was on the right with link near the entrance in the center of the 2 items. kind of like those old men caves you go to where they have both a heart and red bottle.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

could've been a test shot from before release, or from the second quest maybe?
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

not sure imp ive been playing the game since i was like 6 and still never found it lol

Also if any of you had the nintendo power mag i believe it was the very first one with mario bros 2 on the cover that had a zelda map in it.....in the map on the desert section like the second screen of the desert section if you approach it from level 1 the map showed one those hidden steps leading up to where the rocks fall near the white sword ,but i could never actually find it.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

heh - I do have that mag - I don't see that pic you described tho. In any case, that ish has maps for the second quest, not the first. Maybe you were thinking of a different ish or book.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I do like the first zelda, I can beat it in 45 mins (1st quest} but I don't know I think Zelda II had the feel that makes me love zelda and I didn't get that feeling back until OoT, I think link to the past had a horrible soundtrack had that 92ish sound to it, that nintendo had in that time line, it pissed me off. oh well thought Lttp was ok but zelda II makes me happy still.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

DaMadFiddler wrote:One of my housemates is currently trying to make his way through Ocarina of Time with three heart containers...we'll see how far he manages to get :P
that game was so blurry and boring i couldn't get through it period. *dodges rotten tomatoes*
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

*throws rotten tomatoes at impetus*

i have to get a hold of a nes so i can play those. the zelda collections and gba ports would probably be good but then i won't have an excuse to get a nes.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

yeah i forgot that the map was from the 2nd quest maybe thats why i could never get it to work cause i never tried in the 2nd quest lol.....but that picture with the sword and boomarang is from the manual towards the back of it.