Super Famicast or Dreamsnes Quick Question

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Johnnylee_hang
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Super Famicast or Dreamsnes Quick Question

Post by Johnnylee_hang »

Is it dead, Under development, or Undecided?

From my experience, Both of them have the same quality and same speed.
uncleben
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by uncleben »

DreamSNES is definately dead, Super Famicast is still under development by scherzo.
At the Moment, DreamSNES may be a bit faster due to some speedhacks that have been implemented in earlier versions of Snes9x.
(DreamSNES is based on an earlier version of Snes9x than Super Famicast)
But since Super Famicast is still alive, there will be improvements in the future.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

uncleben wrote:DreamSNES is definately dead, Super Famicast is still under development by scherzo.
At the Moment, DreamSNES may be a bit faster due to some speedhacks that have been implemented in earlier versions of Snes9x.
(DreamSNES is based on an earlier version of Snes9x than Super Famicast)
But since Super Famicast is still alive, there will be improvements in the future.
i would not go that far.Dsnes is STILL alive.Know what you're talkin about before you say it.Just because we have not gotten an up-date in a while does not mean it is dead.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

They are both dead and I can say this with 100%. DreamSnes is dead because no work is being done to it and nor is any planned at the moment. SuperFamicast is a major hold because theres nothing the author can do as of write now to improve it. Hence why Nester SE and DreamScript are the only projects you hear about him working on at the moment. I could be wrong on all of this and just being pulling it out of my ass but I doubt I am.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Sorrie wrote:They are both dead and I can say this with 100%. DreamSnes is dead because no work is being done to it and nor is any planned at the moment. SuperFamicast is a major hold because theres nothing the author can do as of write now to improve it. Hence why Nester SE and DreamScript are the only projects you hear about him working on at the moment. I could be wrong on all of this and just being pulling it out of my ass but I doubt I am.
You are terribly wrong.They are both alive untill declared dead.So you are pulling it out of your ass.Want proof it is still alive?Well the dsnes section is still open....
DYTDMFBSB?
uncleben
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by uncleben »

I think the authors of DreamSNES have given Scherzo the SH4 core, because their own project is dead, didn't they?
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

uncleben wrote:I think the authors of DreamSNES have given Scherzo the SH4 core, because their own project is dead, didn't they?
Yup that is correct.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Sorrie wrote:
uncleben wrote:I think the authors of DreamSNES have given Scherzo the SH4 core, because their own project is dead, didn't they?
Yup that is correct.
he is right in thst they gave him the core.but not because it is dead...
Read the froum rules...
DYTDMFBSB?
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Zerotype you've gotta be the biggest idiot ever.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Sorrie wrote:Zerotype you've gotta be the biggest idiot ever.
Explain it to me why I am the biggest idiot ever?
havyou read the rules probaly not well here is one of them.
Rules wrote: Any useless TOPICS made complaining and whining about no new releases, will be locked, and have a warning

THE DREAMSNES FORUM WILL BE CLOSED (LIKE BLEEM! FORUM) WHEN IT'S DEAD!!!!!

you have been warned
I hope that clears it up.It still has not ben declared dead yet so it is not dead now who feels like the idiot?
DYTDMFBSB?
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Dude I dont care wtf the rules say. If you troll around Snes9x you can see that marc doesnt give a shit about Dreamsnes and is more consernder about Snes9x.
It be really foolish to have hope in a emulator that hasnt been updated in over 2 years.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Sorrie wrote:Dude I dont care wtf the rules say. If you troll around Snes9x you can see that marc doesnt give a poop about Dreamsnes and is more consernder about Snes9x.
It be really foolish to have hope in a emulator that hasnt been updated in over 2 years.
You do not care about the rules?That is great I expect to see you banned soon for not caring about the rules so much.Also I'm not saying I have hope as I do not even use my dreamcast for emulation any more.Hell I hardly even play games any more.
DYTDMFBSB?
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Rules are made to keep people who cant use there own brains in line. If you always think before you act there would have to be rules. We have these rules because idiots have always asked for release or is it dead. Things to that degree. If anyone was to ban me for using my own mind to come to a clear result that this emu is dead then I feel pitty for them.
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

Now lets not start this everytime a question is asked about DSNES or anything related. There was a simple question asked.

Johnnylee, all I can say is dont expect a DSNES update. As for SuperFamicast, one way or another it is NOT dead.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

I think they took DSNES as far as they could and moved on to other things, So i think the DSNES forums were left open for support purposes more than anything else. So in a way DSNES is not dead coz people still use it. But i dont think weel see another update sadly :(

As for Famicast thats still going i think, Just coz there isnt an update every five minutes doesnt mean that a project is dead.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Matisfaction wrote:Just coz there isnt an update every five minutes doesnt mean that a project is dead.

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Sfam isnt being worked on at all right now. You can call it on stand by or idling.
Ask for yourself if you dont believe me.
Last edited by Clessy on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnnylee_hang
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Johnnylee_hang »

I guess some people having problems with this type of questions. I will not support this emulator.

I was about to help support (pay) to get the emulator update, but I guess the rule is the rule.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I've decided to give Super Famicast another try. The fact that I started it and never finished is something that eats at me everyday. I at least want to surpass DreamSNES. Until I do, I feel like I've done nothing.

I'm going to attempt a PVR tile based rendering similar to GenplusDC PVR. Yes, SFC has been on hold for a long time but I've always intended to return to it. I guess now is the time. I think I have a firm grasp in my mind of how to go about the changes necessary to make some positive changes.

Sorry I missed this topic. I usually only check the main homebrew/emu forum. I'll keep you all posted.
Johnnylee_hang
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Johnnylee_hang »

I tend to donate for this emulator. I just want to know if it can be full speed. Before I go ahead and donate, I just wanna know that what's needed to update to a better one (full speed of all games). If I agree then I'll donate it! If not then I guess I'll move-on. :mrgreen: