I would love for someone to take up my Southpark BOR idea...

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I would love for someone to take up my Southpark BOR idea...

Post by binto1985 »

If any of you have seen the season 8, episode 1 of South Park, "Good Times With Weapons," it would be based on that. I figure you could play as 3 of the kids as ninjas and try and save the other. Like, Professor Chaos (based on how he looks in the episode) could be the end guy, and mongolians and those future people (from other episodes) could be some of the regular bad guys. Craig and his friends could also be the stage bosses. Stan's look is already based on Ryu's, Cartman could be made from Samurai Shodown's Earthquake, and maybe Fei Long for Kyle. M. Bison (newer look) can be used as Prof. Chaos. Here are a few pics to spur your interest:

Image Image
A Stan mock-up I made from Ryu

A Cartman my brother made from an Earthquake sprite

So what are your thoughts? Would anyone like to take up the project?
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by binto1985 »

One of the songs in it can be the "Let's Fighting Love" song from that episode which u can find here: http://www.southparkstudios.com/down/gu ... =801&min=2

Here are Greg (meant that earlier, not Craig) and his friends. His suit looks kinda like Guy's and Token looks sorta like D.J.
hellmasterx
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hellmasterx »

i remeber that episode, best episode ever :lol:
Wing6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Wing6 »

O man that would be awesome if someone did this, I can't edit spirtes but I would if I could...
"We will lead a revolution!- John Cho"
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

HAHAHA. I love it. I'd be interesting in helping if we can get something going.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

the character design would have to be like the original characters, not ones edited from another game, they just lose the whole point in it if thats done, take a look at kongpows Ed Edd & Eddy mod to see what i mean, it looks just like the cartoon, if i wasn't playing the sims 2 so much, and working on my mod (thanks to the sims 2 i have not even been working on my mod O_O) i would love to help. but maybe i can help you find the characters, if i get anything i'll post back.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Stan actualy looks liek he will be ok,however the rest look liek they'd require to be all hand made.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I have not watched south park in a good while, so i don't know if that looks right or not, but anyway, theres a walking animation, and if i get time later on i'll do some more punch animations etc, can anyone tell me the name of that character i just made?, and the rest of them too, like i said, i have not watched the show in ages.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

You did Kyle, and its good. Better than anything I could do
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by binto1985 »

The character u just made, zero, is Kyle. Stan is in brown with a blue cap, Kenny is all in orange, and Cartman of course, is the fat one. I appreciate the comments, and understand what u mean about them having to be orginal and not based on other games, like the Ed, Edd, and Eddy game. Of course that would make things much more complex, especially because of style of animation used for them as the ninjas, and probably be too time consuming of a project for anyone to take up (though anyone is free to try). A game with them in their origanal animation style, however, like the animation u posted zero, would be much simpler and more feasible. That being said, I'd love to see one if u want to toy with it a little or if anyone else does, but please only do so with the mindframe that this would be your or someone else's project.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Ill do some more work on it, maybe i could take the background images from the tv show, and use them, the characters are not too easy to make them do a punch, since their hands are so small, i'll have to have them attack in otherways, anyone have any thoughts??.
binto1985
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by binto1985 »

Perhaps they could have weapons, kind of like how in the simpsons arcade game Marge had a vacume and Bart had a skateboard. In the episode I mentioned, they had some weapons even in kid form, if u wanted to use those (though Kenny's was a throwing star, so that probably couldn't work). In another from season 7 episode 3 "Toilet Paper," Cartman starts swinging a plastic bat at one of the kids, so maybe he could use that? Well here's some pictures of them as kids with the ninja weapons anyways, for ideas at least.

Image Image Image
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

I was expecting a stupid idea before opening this thread, but seeing its more based on the "Lets Fighting Love" ep, it makes much more since. The Stan sprite looks nice, and the Cartman one isn't so bad to mee. (maybe you should make the hat wider if possible).

MAYBE you can use an SF Ken Sprite for Kyle.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

The good thing about south park is that the animation is all crappy. so if you wanted to make the game authentic all you gotta do is make the characters shuffle instead of walk :D
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

well..
hmm...

I would say in that case, make the sprites by hand, but I don't know. Might not look bad with those sprites.

I guess its a "I have to see it first" situation.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Why not just rip sprites from the South Park video games? There should be plenty of them.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

All of the released South Park games were 3D.