Eminem fan prohibited from owning stereo

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Eminem fan prohibited from owning stereo

Post by Roofus »

"A British woman has been banned from owning a stereo or a television after playing music so loud that furniture in neighboring flats was moved by the vibrations. Birmingham City Council welcomed the two-year Anti-Social Behavior Order (ASBO) against 33-year-old rap and karaoke fan Sharon McLoughlin, who is also being evicted from her flat... District Judge Alistair MacDuff QC granted the city council possession of the property within 14 days and prohibited mother-of-three McLoughlin from owning any electronic music equipment or television while she resides at the flat. She was also banned from causing harassment, alarm or distress anywhere in England and Wales for two years... The court heard that the music was so loud that it vibrated the floors of the flat above, moving furniture."

Read article
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If she was stupid enough to play it that load she deserved it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

jeez, hasnt this woman heard of headphones?

now if only they would hand out punishments that fit the crime here....
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

weeperofsouls wrote:jeez, hasnt this woman heard of headphones?

now if only they would hand out punishments that fit the crime here....
I hear you on that one!
armada
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by armada »

Eminem should be prohibited from owning a microphone
ImageImage
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

damb she need an ipod and headphones :)
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

armada wrote:Eminem should be prohibited from owning a microphone
Amen brother. :lol: Of course, I really mean that he sucks. I'd never actually say he should be stripped of his right to make records. But for the love of God, people, stop encouraging him!
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Amen brother. :lol: Of course, I really mean that he sucks. I'd never actually say he should be stripped of his right to make records. But for the love of God, people, stop encouraging him!
and why does he suck? cuz hes white? cuz he makes black music? cuz black music sucks? i dont think hes a cool guy either, but he damn sure is a pioneer and his music is decent, especially on the eminem show, where he started sounding like a rapper and not some annoying white boy.
Last edited by Mikey1109 on Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

Mikey1109 wrote: and why does he suck? cuz hes white? cuz he makes black music? cuz black music sucks? i dont think hes a cool guy either, but he damn sure is a pioneer and his music is decent, especially on the emeniem show, where he started sounding like a rapper and not some annoying white boy.
I agree. Like him or not, the guy has a talent not many of us can duplicate...
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

SlammedNiss wrote:Like him or not, the guy has a talent not many of us can duplicate...
hes a good writer but cant sing very well 8-) and yes i have a couple of songs and hes still one of the best singers around atm so hes good or everyone else is sh it
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Mikey1109 wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
and why does he suck? cuz hes white? cuz he makes black music? cuz black music sucks? i dont think hes a cool guy either, but he damn sure is a pioneer and his music is decent, especially on the eminem show, where he started sounding like a rapper and not some annoying white boy.
I just personally don't like his music and find his voice irritating. I'm not an expert on the genre, but I've definitely heard rappers that I liked better than him (Chuck D from Public Enemy for example). I personally couldn't care what color a person is - if white people didn't play black music, then nobody would know who Elvis Presley was, not to mention many other Rock 'n Roll artists.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:
OneThirty8 wrote:
I just personally don't like his music and find his voice irritating. I'm not an expert on the genre, but I've definitely heard rappers that I liked better than him (Chuck D from Public Enemy for example). I personally couldn't care what color a person is - if white people didn't play black music, then nobody would know who Elvis Presley was, not to mention many other Rock 'n Roll artists.
excellent comeback. i wasnt expecting that. i was just assuming you were one of those people who hate rap and hate white rappers even more. cool with me if anyone does, but i dont so :P
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

What if you just hate rap after trying it out?
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

eminem strikes me as a total punk and wannabe. i dont care for him personally. i suppose he has musical talent. certainly more then 50 cent, mr 'i got shot nine times'.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

weeperofsouls wrote:eminem strikes me as a total punk and wannabe. i dont care for him personally. i suppose he has musical talent. certainly more then 50 cent, mr 'i got shot nine times'.
amen. glad im not the only one who thinks that.

hey O_R, great! i always say "dont knock it til youve tried it".
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

What if oyu heard it ddint liekit.Then saw two "whiggers" IN a car playing it loudly with windows donw looking like goddamn fu*king retards throwing up "signs" that very well resemble a reatarted person when they walk?And are playing it so loudly their chea ass plastic spinners are rattling.And speakers are so loud that their cheap ass bitch ass speaker system is crakling or that just th eclicks and whistles that make up rap?
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

zerotype wrote:What if oyu heard it ddint liekit.Then saw two "whiggers" IN a car playing it loudly with windows donw looking like goddamn fu*king retards throwing up "signs" that very well resemble a reatarted person when they walk?And are playing it so loudly their chea ass plastic spinners are rattling.And speakers are so loud that their cheap ass bitch ass speaker system is crakling or that just th eclicks and whistles that make up rap?
Translation:
A sane zerotype would have wrote:What if you heard it, and didn't like it? Then two "wiggers" in a car are playing it loudly with their windows rolled down looking like goddamned fudging retards throwing up "signs" that very well resemble a retarded person when they walk? Also, they are playing it so loudly that their cheap-ass plastic spinners are rattling, and their speakers are so loud that their cheap-ass bitch-ass speaker system is crackling, or is that just the clicks and whistles that make up rap music?
Sorry, but it took me like ten minutes to decipher that post on my own, might as well repost it and save others ten minutes.
It's thinking...
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

|darc| wrote:
zerotype wrote:What if oyu heard it ddint liekit.Then saw two "whiggers" IN a car playing it loudly with windows donw looking like goddamn fu*king retards throwing up "signs" that very well resemble a reatarted person when they walk?And are playing it so loudly their chea ass plastic spinners are rattling.And speakers are so loud that their cheap ass bitch ass speaker system is crakling or that just th eclicks and whistles that make up rap?
Translation:
A sane zerotype would have wrote:What if you heard it, and didn't like it? Then two "wiggers" in a car are playing it loudly with their windows rolled down looking like goddamned fudging retards throwing up "signs" that very well resemble a retarded person when they walk? Also, they are playing it so loudly that their cheap-ass plastic spinners are rattling, and their speakers are so loud that their cheap-ass bitch-ass speaker system is crackling, or is that just the clicks and whistles that make up rap music?
Sorry, but it took me like ten minutes to decipher that post on my own, might as well repost it and save others ten minutes.
I'm sorry, but I still don't get the point even after that translation. So... someone rolls up next to you playing loud music that you don't like and flashes a 'gang sign' or something at you, essentially looking like an idiot in your eyes...

What I do may be difficult for you, but it works for me:

Turn up your own stereo if you wish, and ignore them. End of problem.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

OneThirty8 wrote:
|darc| wrote:
Translation:
I'm sorry, but I still don't get the point even after that translation. So... someone rolls up next to you playing loud music that you don't like and flashes a 'gang sign' or something at you, essentially looking like an idiot in your eyes...

What I do may be difficult for you, but it works for me:

Turn up your own stereo if you wish, and ignore them. End of problem.
thats the problem with these young'uns nowadays. theyd rather be dickheads than turn the other cheek. and this "wigger" thing..that must be something from up north. you dont see no damn white kids runnin around here throwin up signs. and what if they are in a gang? we all listen to rap too, but we dont get spinners for our cars or call each other nigga. i thinks it because in the south we are less "pyschologically segregated" than in the north. i know, i know...south = slavery, racism. but how bad it was i think has brought the races closer together. blacks and whites get along fine here in san antonio.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I live in tennesee and trust me it is not the north....
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God