Situations you just can't win.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Situations you just can't win.

Post by Veggita2099 »

*People cutting lines*

Im sure it has happened to all of us, you standing in line waiting your turn, then some old man/women just walks right ahead of you. Usually it is either a old person, or some young punk. In this situation you generally got 2 options.

1 - You can make a scene and tell them to get into the line with everybody else. Doing this you now look like a jerk who nit picks at everything, and generally you make yourself look bad.

2 - You just shrug it off and do nothing. Now you look like the type of person who lets people walk all over you. Once again you come out looking bad.

Few days ago when at the bank some old man came in. There was 3 Teller windows open, all 3 had a person at them. There was me in the front of the line, and 1 other person behind me. The way the line works is you stand behind the sign, and when a window opens, you walk up to it (pretty simple). Well he walks right up behind one of the people at the window, and sure enough when one comes open he rushes right to it. I also might add he took forever questioning the teller about stupid stuff.

Its just one of those lose/lose situation, argueing with a 90 year old man over the line would just make you look bad, so I figured better off to just get walked over :/
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Thats when you kindly ask one of the nicer seeming people to hold your place in line, leave the bank, go to your car, open the trunk, grab the aluminum baseball bat that you painstakingly wrapped several layers of burlap padding around, calmly walk back into the bank (or better yet, wait for the guy outside of the veiw of cameras) and give him a few lumps with the burlap wrapped bat (the burlap will leave less bruises). Afterward, merrily get back into line (making sure that you still have the bat with you so that no one takes the piss out on you again.

If your place in line has not been adequitely held, simply use the same treatment on whomever gave your place up.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I hate line cutters, but even more I hate cashiers who assume because you are young that you are with the old woman or man in front of you and they start helping the person behind you. This doesnt happen to me much anymore though, because I'm getting older.
ace? wrote:Thats when you kindly ask one of the nicer seeming people to hold your place in line, leave the bank, go to your car, open the trunk, grab the aluminum baseball bat that you painstakingly wrapped several layers of burlap padding around, calmly walk back into the bank (or better yet, wait for the guy outside of the veiw of cameras) and give him a few lumps with the burlap wrapped bat (the burlap will leave less bruises). Afterward, merrily get back into line (making sure that you still have the bat with you so that no one takes the piss out on you again.

If your place in line has not been adequitely held, simply use the same treatment on whomever gave your place up.
Replace "burlap padding" with "spikes"
It's thinking...
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Ask a person to hold your line,ask the old man to come out,cause you have something important to tell him,replace "spikes" with chloroform,use it and get back in line :)
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

How bout the people in their car on the cell phones who completely ignore whats going on around them, its funny to see signs in mcdonalds drive thru saying turn off cellphone while in drive thru. As for the old man a good lumping would probably straighten him out a bit. :mrgreen:
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

Other situations you can't win..
-Any argument with a woman.
Sir C.A.T
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by Sir C.A.T »

Soap in a towel, like they do in the army, I told my cousin to do it because I thought it wouldnt hurt and he hit me, and it hurt, but left no mark )()(
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

The soap-in-the-towel remark reminds me of Full Metal Jacket :P
It's thinking...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

You care too much about what other people think. If someone specifically cuts in front of me I'd shoot my mouth off at em. I don't care who it is, unless they need to get to the front of the McDonalds cue before me to live then they ain't doin it.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Digital Chaos wrote:Other situations you can't win..
-Any argument with a woman.

Must make almost every one here a women. :lol:
Dreamcast forever!!!