The Butterfly Effect ***SPOILERS***

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Butterfly Effect ***SPOILERS***

Post by that_guy »

Anyone seen this? I mean holy crap, that little kid would have got his ass beat down by me. Most people have seen the theatrical version and not the director's cut, with the alternate ending. I liked the alternate ending better, for as hardcore as it was. But good movie none the less.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

is the alt. ending on the dvd? I've got it sitting near by. I saw it in the theater. Was alright. I won the tickets though :D
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
HipHopunism
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by HipHopunism »

This is a really, really good movie if you take it at face value. If you overanalyze (like I do to everything), you'll be annoyed. The title already says spoilers, so in the beginning it quotes the chaos theory saying the wing flaps of a butterfly can cause a tidalwave. So when he goes back to when he was in grade school and puts his hands on those 2 spikes, the only outcome of that in the future is scars on his hands. That doesn't impact him, his friends, and family at all?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

it may have effected someone elses life across the world. The point of the chaos theory. That it could be some random person.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

Random_Troll wrote:is the alt. ending on the dvd? I've got it sitting near by. I saw it in the theater. Was alright. I won the tickets though :D
Yeah it is in the directors cut. I was watching it with a friend last night and she said there was a couple parts that was not in the theatrical version, mainly around the prison scenes though.
HipHopunism wrote: So when he goes back to when he was in grade school and puts his hands on those 2 spikes, the only outcome of that in the future is scars on his hands. That doesn't impact him, his friends, and family at all?
Random_Troll is right, except I think that it was the teacher that it would have impacted, he called her name right before he did it, so I think it was her. But she wasn't a main character so it didn't matter what happnened to her.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

I overanalyzed it too and wondered why he didnt just go back in time and say to the dad "quit this crap and treat your daugter AND your son good?" would have fixed everything...
Silence is Golden
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Aaah - what was the alternate ending like? I need to know without having to watch that movie again!

- Fuzmeister
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

S. Thompson wrote:Aaah - what was the alternate ending like? I need to know without having to watch that movie again!

- Fuzmeister

Me too, I thought that movie sucked horribly bad.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

It wasn't too bad of a movie; I just can't see wasting another time around just to see an alternate ending. Ashton is annoying though, IMHO.

- Fuzmeister
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

MASSIVE SPOILER

The alternate ending involves him basically killing himself before he was born. His mother later has a baby girl. Gives a bit of a new meaning as to why the other two boys she had were still born....
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I can see why the alternate ending wasn't used.
A prenatal suicide. :roll:
No signature.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Inu_Sess__ wrote:Me too, I thought that movie sucked horribly bad.
That's basically my take, though with a different lead it might have been a decent movie.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

She had a baby with another guy, so the father and grandfather had nothing to do with it, so it ended with that. Yeah, he went back to when she was giving birth to him and stangled himself with the umbilical cord.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

So does he just sort of cease to exist then? What a depressing ending... :(

- Fuzmeister