DCDivX Question

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ShiroiKumo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCDivX Question

Post by ShiroiKumo »

Hello,

I searched through the forums for a while, and I couldn't find the answer to this problem I have. I recently download DCDivX player to play Final Fantasy Unlimited on TV. I went through the tutorial which made me convert the files to a lower resolution, and did everything the tutorial said. I burnt the first 5 episodes to try it out, and only episode 2 and 5 plays. Episode 1 starts out with a bunch of pixelation yet you can hear ths ound then it turns black and nothing happens. Episode two doesn't have pixelation, and plays well. Episode 3 and 4 do the same as episode 1. And episode 5 has pixelation but fixes itself once the FFU logo is done being displayed, and the rest of it plays well.

I was wondering if any of you all have had the same problem, where it pixelates and then the screen just turns black. I burnt them again, and the same episodes mess up. Any insight on this problem would be great, and I thank you ahead of time!
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

hm............I've never seen a problem QUITE like this, but have almost killed myself with DcDivX, lol. Well, first of all, the ideal codec to have is DivX version 5.0.2, because ANYTHING above that may have problems. As for your movies, first try them all out on your pc (both pre-coded and post-coded) to make sure that the encoding was a success. Then, make sure that when burning and coding that you don't run anything in the background. I was about to say that maybe too many things were on a cd, but I just remembered that I've successfully put six DBZ episodes on a DcDivX disk, so that can't be the problem. Hm......well, if you don't mind japanese with English subtitles you can order the series from http://www.discountanimedvd.com . They also have the English episodes but those are more expensive. I've ordered the entire series in japanese here for $40 a set. It's a pretty sweet deal. Just try coding around 800 bitrate for a better quality as it doesn't slow the framerate down a bit. Good luck, and let me know what your finds are.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Yeah, what jessman said is basically what I'd say. Try re-encoding them again, and use DivX 5.0.2 or earlier. Don't use GMC or Quarter-Pixel, and other than that just do what Jessman said.
ShiroiKumo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ShiroiKumo »

Thanks a lot for your help, the reencoding worked!

About FFU I am seriously considering purchasing the DVD from that website you gave me. I wasn't originally going to buy it, because each phase for the english was $20+ for only 4-5 episodes. I actually like the japanese voices, and $40 sounds great for all of them! One thing though...it says box two has episodes 14-26. There was a 26th episode!? :o I only knew of 25... I didn't know there were 26! (everything is going well today :D ) Thanks a million jessman.
Last edited by ShiroiKumo on Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Considering the warez rule around here, it's probably best not to let us know that you have movies on your hard drive that you don't legally own. Yeah, I know it's a common thing, as is downloading albums, but it's not generally looked upon favorably by those making the movies/albums.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Wow! I actually helped? It makes me feel all tingly inside... :lol:

<^_^>
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

well, you probably knew this, but the average anime series consists of 26 episodes. Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Tenchi (each Tenchi series individually). I have no clue why this is, but in most cases it's some kind of trend, I guess.

<^_^>
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Usually 1 season of anime is 13 episodes (2 seasons would be 26). Even with some american cartoons it's that way.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

DeGamer wrote:Even with some american cartoons it's that way.
Actually, with any American show that comes on once a week, the season is usually contains 13 new episodes. With 52 weeks in a year, that divides the year nicely up into 2 sets of 26 weeks (fall season and spring season), with room for 13 new episodes and 13 reruns (or special events, etc.) in each season.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
ShiroiKumo
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ShiroiKumo »

Thanks again for all of your info. I still don't know what the 26th episode of FFU would be though... I DID end up buying for all the episodes by the way, but at a different site for $20. :lol: