Reset on controller

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Unph@zed
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Reset on controller

Post by Unph@zed »

Ok, so here's what I'm thinking... I was thinking of perhaps making a small hole in the front of the control port panel, and making a power cord follow up controller A's cord. I can very easily use shrink tubing to go around both cords, making it look (semi) stock.

Now the problem of course is figuring out how to rig a switch. The button would of course run somewhere on the controller (probably near the memory card bay, so as not to be hit on accident.

But I don't know how to rig up a switch that has a button 6ft+ away to a simple power source... not only that, but one which would work w/ the power off as well (so as to turn it on)
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

A+B+Y+X+Start is a soft reset, just simulate those 5 buttons being pressed with one signal button that acts as if those 5 have been pressed. I don't know specifics, as I've yet to open a controller, but I think that would be the best way to go about it.

but if you wanted it to also turn the dc on thats a whole nother thing.
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

for the hard reset, you basicly need to wire the power on circuit trough the pad, and somehow i dont think it would be a good idea, having 220 volts running trought the pad, it might cause a shedload of interference

the soft reset simulation sounds good
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

might cause a shedload of interference
Slightly dangerous too :lol: