Burning Rom CDs

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Emperor Bohe
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Burning Rom CDs

Post by Emperor Bohe »

Ok, so if I burn a bunch of MAME roms to a CD they will work with the respected Single game emulator? Yes I do own all of these games legally. If I already burned the emulaters in SBI format, can I burn the roms on another cd?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

The Single Game emulators that you are using will have to support disc-swapping. I don't know for sure that all of them do. Most of the ones by Reaper should support discswapping, but I am not positive.

If they do support discswapping, then all you need to do is put the roms in the appropriate directories on a disc, and burn it.

If that doesn't work, then you will probably have to burn a new SBI disc, and put your roms in the appropriate directories within "Inducer" before burning the disc.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Emperor Bohe
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Emperor Bohe »

So all I have to do is burn the roms under a "roms" folder on a blank CD and I will be able to swap it?