Having a bit of trouble, please read...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
SuperLevel
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Having a bit of trouble, please read...

Post by SuperLevel »

ok, I'm new at these forums so please yell at me if I do something stupid. :lol:
I was thinking of tackling development for Dreamcast, so I go to the only site I know of with tutorials and such...Our friend, dev.dcemulation.org
I go to download the big 23MB RAR file and the link doesn't work! EEEK! Can someone let me know of an alt. location to this file (http://dev.dcemulation.org/files/needed ... _win32.rar) or am I just SOL?[/b]
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

Sorry for the bump, I couldn't get online yesterday or I might have seen this one already...

I had the same problem, I wanted to just try and get some code running on my DC, out of curiosity to see if I could.

I've heard some of the devvers talking about development set-ups that are doing the rounds now, and I know that there's a new site coming, from the Kron? (iirc)

So, any words of advice to wannabe coders?
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Check out this thread:

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=38963

I'm developing Super Famicast with Dev-C++ configured to use the precompiled package linked to by that thread. Works so well. I tried just about all the tutorials and build scripts out there. About a year ago, I used to be able to get ljsdcdev's build script to work but just can't now. It doesn't compile right, even following the steps exactly.

I plan to eventuallty provide a package of Dev-C++ pre-configured to make DC binaries on my website. I think a one-step setup, visual IDE will give the scene a nice boost.
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

Many thanks for that Scherzo.

And I look forward to seeing that when it happens :D
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!