Is Nintendo done with the GameCube?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Cmtz
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is Nintendo done with the GameCube?

Post by Cmtz »

Before you start ripping on me, this is not another Nintendo is dead topic. I love the GameCube and it is the only system I own besides the Dreamcast. My question is simple. Has Nintendo finished making games for the GameCube? Last year we had Mario Sunshine, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and some other games to look foward to. This new year I have yet to hear of a new Mario, Zelda, Earthbound, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Starfox, Luigi, or any other game that Nintendo will make except for Pokemon. There are two games that still have me on the edge though. Final Fantasy and Harvest Moon (I know Harvest Moon is not a Nintendo Game) are games that have me very excited, but besides that I don't think I've heard of much more.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Mario Kart and Mario Party 5 just came out.
There is still Tetra's Trackers (although I think it's called Four Swords to better describe the gameplay now) yet to be released. A new Pikmin. And there has been rumors of a new Mario and another Metroid, plus something about a true Starfox game.
So I'd say no.
No signature.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

i'd love to see a true Starfox game like on the N64, not this Starfox Adventures stuff
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

rumors of a new Mario and another Metroid
I've read those aren't going to come out :cry:
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Star Fox 2 (Working Title) Gamecube
http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action ... index.html
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Is Nintendo done with the GameCube?

Post by melancholy »

Cmtz wrote:This new year I have yet to hear of a new Mario, Zelda, Earthbound, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Starfox, Luigi, or any other game that Nintendo will make except for Pokemon.
I've heard rumors of an Animal Crossing 2. I know they're working on a Starfox game with...Namco, I think it was. And they do have a Zelda in the works too, which I believe is titled Tetra's Treasure. There are also rumors of a new Metroid, although I've not seen anything yet. And I also read somewhere (in Gampro I believe) that in a conference, Nintendo said they would like to have a new Mario out by the end of the year.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Doubutsu no Mori 2 (Animal Crossing 2)
Batan Kaitos
Biohazard 4 (Resident Evil 4)
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Harvest Moon: WL
Kaijuu no Shima: Amazing Island (Sega)
Killer 7
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime sequel
Pikmin 2
Starfox 2
Tales of Symphonia
Unity
Virtua Fighter Cyber Generation
Zelda: Four Swords

Im sure Nintendo will come out with some new titles in 2004, Capcom and Sega will probably show some new titles in the next few months.
bounty hunter
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bounty hunter »

Lunchbox wrote:i'd love to see a true Starfox game like on the N64, not this Starfox Adventures stuff
i definately feel that... i still play the old one sometimes :D
Yea, i don't have any more time for FFXI
...i eventually realized it was destroying my life...
XBOX Live Gamertag: Wvsk8brder15

HALO 2 already PwNs mE!!!!! November 9th, why can't you come sooner!?!?!?!
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Nintendo are (and always have been) notoriously secretive about their projects, with NDAs being signed everywhere at every opportunity; partly because they're paranoid about people ripping off their ideas and pumping out a 'spoiler' game quickly before they can release, and partly because thats just how Nintendo are.

I suspect the big titles for this year won't even be really known about until they're within a few months of release, so expect a whole bunch of previews to start appearing around the summer Trade shows (Space World, E3 etc).
If nothing else, EAD, NCL and Silicon Knights will be starting new projects (if they haven't already) very soon.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

I read in a EGM interview Miyamoto(sp?) said he felt he wouldn't be fufilling his responsibilities if he didn't show something on mario by E3 this year.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

there has been a lot of talk of another ZElda, tetras whatever is already announced

EGM expects to hear more at E3
Star fox 2 is supposed to be more like the old ones, with some adv stuff too (i heard)
and like 1LINUXuser said "in a EGM interview Miyamoto(sp?) said he felt he wouldn't be fufilling his responsibilities if he didn't show something on mario by E3 this year. "

nintendo will be firing their big guns to gain market share ;)
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Seems like they're living off sequels. =\
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

btm4k wrote:Seems like they're living off sequels. =\
isn't the rest of the industry? besides IMO a new mario is never a bad thing. and they are making at least one original title that i know of off hand. "Giest"
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I remember seeing they are in development of Mario 128, Animal Crossing 2, and another Metroid game in the same gameplay as Metroid Prime.

There is also Metroid Zero coming out this year for GBA, and I must say it looks pretty promiseing (hopefully it won't be insanely hard like Fusion).

Tetra's trackers looks like crap, but I may consider getting it just for the fact it will include 4 swords playable on Gamecube. Also I remember the article about Mario 128 quite well cause It proved my point about the average gamer finding Mario sunshine to be too difficult. The article basically said they was in development of Mario 128 and that it would be easier then Sunshine due to the complaints Nintendo received about Sunshine being too hard. I imagine there is a good chance the name will be changed, but still.

So no the Gamecube isn't dead.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Seems like they're living off sequels. =\
Yea, and look how well its doing for Sonys PS2 (GTA 3, Gran Turismo 3, Tekken 4, Final Fantasy X, etc). It brings the money in, and thats all that matters in the end.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

im looking forward to Giftpia...i think.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

toastman wrote: there has been rumors of a new Mario and another Metroid,
I hated metroid for the gc the 3d just killed it
Cmtz
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Cmtz »

I loved Metroid.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Metroid Prime is ok, it's just hard as hell >_<

The game I'm really looking forward to is StarCraft:Ghost (even though it's a multiplatform game). Looks really nice from the screenies I've seen.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sequels are less risky to sell then making up a new game. People generally feel that if they buy a Zelda game they will like it(although Majora's Mask proved that wrong in my opinion).

Prime was very difficult, and in a stupid way. Never fails you walk into a room and there is 3+ enemies. They surround you and with the pisspoor controls there is no way to see all of them at once. Now if I was playing a PC FPS game a situation like that would be no problem, but on Prime it is. I tried my best to get into it (since I got stuck with it anyways). People can say what they want, but Metroid Prime does NOT play like a Metroid game. It had amazeing graphics, I will give it that. But everything else was pretty sad.

Pikman 2 seems to have promise, I just hope the entire game is not timed like the first one was. I hate feeling rushed the entire time I play a game, and pikman you pretty much are.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665